Class A's

live4christp1

DIS Veteran
Hey gang! Need help. DH has ribbons that need to be added to his class A's and I have no clue. Please share your tips. What's the easiest way to go about this? How do I know where they go? etc.

It would be easy if we were on a base because we could just drop them off and have them done but we are in Chattanooga TN. No base. Small PX.

Help!!!!!

Thanks,
Cristy

DH has ordered name tapes several times from this place - www.1800nametape.com . Not sure if they carry the ribbons but DH did a quick google search and came up with this site - http://www.usamilitarymedals.com .

We're heading to clothing and sales this weekend (it's separate from our PX) and can look there if you can't find what you need online. :)

Do a search on military awards. There are quite a few sites that show order of precidence. Military.com comes to mind.

Hey gang! Need help. DH has ribbons that need to be added to his class A's and I have no clue. Please share your tips. What's the easiest way to go about this? How do I know where they go? etc.

It would be easy if we were on a base because we could just drop them off and have them done but we are in Chattanooga TN. No base. Small PX.

Help!!!!!

Thanks,
Cristy

Since you said ribbons go to this site: http://www.ezrackbuilder.com/?gclid=CKT76sfSpZoCFRwpawod2zOP9A

All you have to do is click on the ribbons he has and it automatically builds a rack of where each ribbon has to be placed.

Now the AR 670-1 is the Wear and Appearance of the Military Uniform and it tells you everything from placement to spacing to personal appearance.

Guess I read that too fast. I thought you were looking for the ribbons themselves.

Since you said ribbons go to this site: http://www.ezrackbuilder.com/?gclid=CKT76sfSpZoCFRwpawod2zOP9A

All you have to do is click on the ribbons he has and it automatically builds a rack of where each ribbon has to be placed.

Now the AR 670-1 is the Wear and Appearance of the Military Uniform and it tells you everything from placement to spacing to personal appearance.

My husband has been in 12 years and still uses this website to build his ribbon rows. I guess now they also have the sticky back almost velcro ribbons that can be used on the plate thingys.

Don't forget to look at the regulation for where things need to be sewn on the actual uniform. That is such a pain and if you know someone that sews well I'd let them do it.

Christy, also let your husband do this. Trust me get him started now doing that sort of thing or you'll be doing it the rest of his army career. Your husband is a big boy and can do this. I leave all uniform things up to my husband. He does his own shopping and making arrangements for sewing. All I will do is pick up and drop off for sewing or dry cleaning. If for whatever reason the uniform could be messed up you don't want to take the hit for that.

When we were first married and old BDU's still had to be ironed, I tried to iron a pair out of love and when he was not appreciative he ironed them himmself or paid for the pressing out of his cigarette money. Isn't that love:rolleyes1

My husband has been in 12 years and still uses this website to build his ribbon rows. I guess now they also have the sticky back almost velcro ribbons that can be used on the plate thingys.

Don't forget to look at the regulation for where things need to be sewn on the actual uniform. That is such a pain and if you know someone that sews well I'd let them do it.

Christy, also let your husband do this. Trust me get him started now doing that sort of thing or you'll be doing it the rest of his army career. Your husband is a big boy and can do this. I leave all uniform things up to my husband. He does his own shopping and making arrangements for sewing. All I will do is pick up and drop off for sewing or dry cleaning. If for whatever reason the uniform could be messed up you don't want to take the hit for that.

When we were first married and old BDU's still had to be ironed, I tried to iron a pair out of love and when he was not appreciative he ironed them himmself or paid for the pressing out of his cigarette money. Isn't that love:rolleyes1

I agree about letting DH do it--I wouldn't touch the Class A's with a 10 foot pole and my DH has been in for 14 years. Plus as he makes rank he's going to be expected to make sure lower enlisted have their uniforms tight and he won't be effective in doing so if his wife is the one who has the knowledge and not him.

And Class A's are expensive so I wouldn't want to be responsible for a very expensive mistake.

I used to iron his BDUs all the time--When I was done with them they could stand at attention on their own :rotfl: I hate,hate,hate the ACUs. So much so I still run an iron over them(I refuse to let my soldier run around with wrinkly uniforms and hope other soldiers will be lead by the example ;) )

His boots however were another story--I couldn't get the spit shine right--The correct combination of spit,mop and glo and polish eluded me.

I agree about letting DH do it--I wouldn't touch the Class A's with a 10 foot pole and my DH has been in for 14 years. Plus as he makes rank he's going to be expected to make sure lower enlisted have their uniforms tight and he won't be effective in doing so if his wife is the one who has the knowledge and not him.

And Class A's are expensive so I wouldn't want to be responsible for a very expensive mistake.

I used to iron his BDUs all the time--When I was done with them they could stand at attention on their own :rotfl: I hate,hate,hate the ACUs. So much so I still run an iron over them(I refuse to let my soldier run around with wrinkly uniforms and hope other soldiers will be lead by the example ;) )

His boots however were another story--I couldn't get the spit shine right--The correct combination of spit,mop and glo and polish eluded me.

I miss boot polishing. My husband and I would sit out on the back steps while he polished boots and just talk. My contribution to the boot shining was old pantyhose. They are excellent for the polish. He also uses my old hose or old dress socks on his hands when putting his ribbons together so they don't have fingerprints on them.

As for ACU's, I take them out of the dryer while still hot and hang them up right away with nothing pressing against them. I'm not big into the wrinkly look myself but they sure are easier to clean. Now, at the new duty station he has to wear the class B's every Monday. We are back to schlepping clothes to and fro the cleaners because I don't iron his army clothes. One mess up and I'd never hear the end of it:headache:

I miss boot polishing. My husband and I would sit out on the back steps while he polished boots and just talk. My contribution to the boot shining was old pantyhose. They are excellent for the polish. He also uses my old hose or old dress socks on his hands when putting his ribbons together so they don't have fingerprints on them.

As for ACU's, I take them out of the dryer while still hot and hang them up right away with nothing pressing against them. I'm not big into the wrinkly look myself but they sure are easier to clean. Now, at the new duty station he has to wear the class B's every Monday. We are back to schlepping clothes to and fro the cleaners because I don't iron his army clothes. One mess up and I'd never hear the end of it:headache:

I hang them up right away also but they still look blah. I think I miss the sharp lines of the BDUs.

And what is up with the dirty ACU butts!!!??!! Goodness gracious! I loved checking out soldier butt in BDUs...now I check out soldier butt and it's looks dirty (the pants not the looking ;) ) I so want to walk up to them and tell them to wash their damn pants because they're ruining it for me!

Thanks Tina & Irish. You guys are cracking me up. Especially the "dirty butts". :rotfl:

I saved the link for DH. His will probably put it off until a week before he needs them. I'm leaving it up to him though.

I think he is hoping his unit will switch to the new blue before he has to wear them again. Personally I like the green better.

I hang them up right away also but they still look blah. I think I miss the sharp lines of the BDUs.

And what is up with the dirty ACU butts!!!??!! Goodness gracious! I loved checking out soldier butt in BDUs...now I check out soldier butt and it's looks dirty (the pants not the looking ;) ) I so want to walk up to them and tell them to wash their damn pants because they're ruining it for me!

:rotfl: I haven't really noticed the "dirty butts" but I will be sure to look harder this weekend at the PX. It's always packed with Privates on the weekends. :rolleyes1

:rotfl: I haven't really noticed the "dirty butts" but I will be sure to look harder this weekend at the PX. It's always packed with Privates on the weekends. :rolleyes1

Make sure you look reeaalllyyy hard! And make sure to include as many as possible so you can have any accurate count to work out the percentages ((Would really hate for the math to be off because then you'd have to start all over again!! ;) ))

Make sure you look reeaalllyyy hard! And make sure to include as many as possible so you can have any accurate count to work out the percentages ((Would really hate for the math to be off because then you'd have to start all over again!! ;) ))

Should I take pix and report back? :rolleyes1 I'll tell DH that I am doing important research. :laughing:

I swear the Army purposely got rid of the black boots as soon as I retired.:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter