Clarabelle Cow

Dugette

DIS Veteran
As my 2-year-old obsessively watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse again this morning, I got to wondering if her very favorite cow (Clarabelle) ever made appearances at WDW (or Disney Cruises). After searching the internet and the DIS, I found some videos of meets and some reports of sightings, but nothing terribly recent. There was speculation that she'd be at the 24-hour-day last year, but I'm not clear if she actually was. I saw something that indicated she might be in the hoedown in Frontierland too?

We are planning to be in WDW and take a cruise on the Dream in May 2015. If there is another 24-hour-day, we might be there at the time. Any recent reports or info on Clarabelle? I know it's a long shot, but figured it could be a fun quest to find her if there is any chance of her showing up somewhere during our trip. Thanks!

You might be out of luck unless you want to go to Japan. This is from charactercentral.net:

"Clarabelle Cow does not meet regularly at any Disney Park or Resort, except in Toontown at Tokyo Disneyland, where she comes out frequently.
You may also be able to catch her before the Hoedown happening in the Magic Kingdom - if she comes out early enough - but that is very difficult to do."

Her full entry is here: http://www.charactercentral.net/C95_DisneyCharacters_MickeyFriends_ClarabelleCow.aspx

We saw her in November during the MVMCP. She was part of the dance party at the Diamond Horseshoe. We've also seen her numerous times at the Frontierland Hoedown, but not with any regularity.

She often seems to appear in the Frontierland Hoedown when it's there (it's not every day), but she's the old classic Clarabelle (and appears with Horace Horsecollar), not the one that appears on MMC. My son is very sad there's no Pete to meet, btw.

Clarabelle was common at Disneyland in the Big Thunder Ranch area (not sure anymore but was the last 2 summers) but not at Disney World....my daughter likes Mickey Mouse Clubhouse but wasn't excited about meeting Clarabelle and she never had a line which is why she probably didn't make it to the World.

We saw her before or after the Frontierland hoedown meeting and signing autographs on our last trip in November 2013.

Several years ago she was at the front entrance right after gates opened. Not seen her since.

We saw both Clarabelle Cow and Horace Horse Collar at Magic Kingdom a few times this past August. There is a Frontierland Hoe Down that happens in front of Country Bear Jamboree at unannounced times. It's something like a flash mob where different Disney characters an cast members "appear" for some country dancing and guests can join in and dance with them. Clarabelle tends to be one of the characters (she was when we went). They also have characters from Country Bear Jamboree and Song of the South (Splash Mt). The characters will not stop and take photos with you or sign autographs. Its totally interactive where you have to dance with them and get candid shots when you can. However, if you get there before it starts you may be able to catch a character or 2 for a quick photo as they start coming out.

Even though it's an unannounced event, there is a set time schedule for it. Last I looked, Kenny the Pirate's website listed the time schedule. Also, if you ask one of the cast members around Country Bear Jamboree attraction, they can let you know the schedule..they did for us.

DS loves the "rare" and older characters and was thrilled to dance with Clarabelle and Horace..Plus the first time we saw it there wasn't many people around and I was able to get noce shots of DS with each of them right before it started.

Good luck..I hope they still have it and your son gets to meet Clarabelle.

We caught her coming out right before the hoedown and she very graciously stopped so I could get a pic of my DS with her. Horace was there too, but he wouldn't stop for pics.

The times for the hoedown are not random so if you really want to check it out, you can find the times here by scrolling down to Frontierland on the Magic Kingdom page.

http://wdwent.com

However, I don't think Clarabelle is always there but there's a good chance she will be.

Good luck.

Thank you all so much for the reports and info! :thumbsup2

Sounds like my best bet is to get to the Frontierland Hoedown and hope for the best. We will likely be in MK on a Monday and that schedule shows that it happens on Mondays, so that is good!

I think DD would be thrilled just to see her and dance with her, so anything more than that is a bonus. Heck, just that is a bonus, really - I won't tell DD who we're looking for to avoid disappointment, and if Clarabelle appears, awesome, and if not, DD's none the wiser. :rotfl:

For what it's worth, when I pulled up the videos I found online, I was really surprised at the "old style" Clarabelle and how different she looked, but DD was unfazed and immediately recognized her (and was also excited to see a horse).

If nothing else, there is a chance of us going to DL late in the year, so maybe that's the potential back-up. Probably won't be making it to Tokyo anytime soon, unfortunately. :sad1:

Thanks again, all! :goodvibes

Also, just one more tidbit if you're staying onsite. If you're getting autographs with your daughter, you just might be able to "magically" get Clarabelle's for her. Just go to the front desk of your Disney resort and ask if they have an autograph expert available. There usually is a CM or 2 that know how to sign like different characters and will sign your daughter's autograph book. You may have to leave it with the front desk and come back and get it later if you do this. Tink magically left Clarabelle's plus a couple of other rare character autographs in my son's book our last trip and he was thrilled....

Also, just one more tidbit if you're staying onsite. If you're getting autographs with your daughter, you just might be able to "magically" get Clarabelle's for her. Just go to the front desk of your Disney resort and ask if they have an autograph expert available. There usually is a CM or 2 that know how to sign like different characters and will sign your daughter's autograph book. You may have to leave it with the front desk and come back and get it later if you do this. Tink magically left Clarabelle's plus a couple of other rare character autographs in my son's book our last trip and he was thrilled....
Thanks for the info! We had something similar done at Aulani - couldn't get Chip and Dale's autographs at the event we went to, but a CM took the book and we picked it up later at the front desk, signed by Chip & Dale. :thumbsup2 I will keep this in mind, as we'll be onsite - haven't decided if we're doing an autograph book this trip or not. Good to know!

I absolutely adore Clarabelle and keep hoping they'll bring her out permanently. Until then, hope you're able to grab a photo with her at the Hoedown, clearly the boy behind me is not impressed:

CLARABELLE COW

8500856280_d41a320502_b.jpg

We met her in 2012 by accident. My daughter and I were looking at a park map between Frontier Land and Adventure Land. There was suddenly a shadow on us and I looked up and was nose to nose with her! I screamed which made my daughter look up a yelp as well. It was so funny! I swear Clarabelle was doubled over laughing at us!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest