Civilian jobs?

flying_babyb

DIS Veteran
Anyone a work for the military in a civilan job? Im currious about this because im thinking of applying for one.
Jen

Anyone a work for the military in a civilan job? Im currious about this because im thinking of applying for one.
Jen
My daughter just applied a few months ago and was offered a job (I just posted about moving to Ft Hood or El Paso). Right now a civilan GS postion is a safe option. It is secure. Just be prepared for red tape. My husband is active duty and we are retiring in Dec and he is haveing a tough time getting his application and resume out there due to the flawed system.

How about a paid internship?That is what my daughter did and it is not as tough an application process. Good luck

I am a civilian NAF employee. I am overseas in Germany and a military spouse so I had a preference here. I work for Army Lodging.

Google CPOL and look for jobs there or usajobs.com

I am a civilian NAF employee. I am overseas in Germany and a military spouse so I had a preference here. I work for Army Lodging.

Google CPOL and look for jobs there or usajobs.com
ahhah I just sent her the usajobs web site.

We used to go Christmas tree shopping in Baumholder. We were at Ramstein for 5 years. We lived off base in Dansenberg. I loved it there.

ahhah I just sent her the usajobs web site.

We used to go Christmas tree shopping in Baumholder. We were at Ramstein for 5 years. We lived off base in Dansenberg. I loved it there.

We are in Baumholder...about 25 min from Ramstein. We frequently go there to shop. They just opened a big AAFES mall on base.

We are in Baumholder...about 25 min from Ramstein. We frequently go there to shop. They just opened a big AAFES mall on base.
Is your husband AD Army? were you ever at Ft Biss TX?

Is your husband AD Army? were you ever at Ft Biss TX?

Yes, he has been AD Army for 18 years. Our last duty station was Ft Hood,TX. Never at Bliss except for a 6 week course. 1st Armored Division (which we were under here in Baumholder) just relocated to Bliss last month.

Yes, he has been AD Army for 18 years. Our last duty station was Ft Hood,TX. Never at Bliss except for a 6 week course. 1st Armored Division (which we were under here in Baumholder) just relocated to Bliss last month.
Darn. My dd had a job offer at Ft Hood and waited too long to let them know she would accept it and they gave the Hood job to someone else and she got stuck at Ft Bliss. Can you tell me anything about it? best places to live off base? She will be a civilian and can't get base housing-unfortunatley. We've been in the military 25 years and that is all she knows. Any info would be most helpful.. Thanks

I would try the military.com forums or even homefrontonline.com (they have a section called The Southern Forum) and ask about offpost housing/good neighborhoods etc.

I know Bliss is hot, desert like, dry heat. I loved Fort Hood in fact we bought a rental property there and built a home. If it was Hood I would have a bundle of info for ya!

Hope that helps :)

Im a civilian contractor for the Army-im a computer systems analyst working in exercise support-and i love it. I actually work for General Dynamics information technology (gdit) and there are several other companies-L3, Raytheon, Northrup Gurmann, Lockheed Martin, Techwise, Blackhawk industries CSC-to name just a few-that have similar type jobs.

I sort of do...

I'm a Supervisory Special Agent (SSA) for the Naval Criminal Investigative Service (Former FBI), though we don't work FOR the military as much as WITH them..

Does that make sense

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter