Circumpolar Race Around the World (CRAW)

Also, just wanted to make sure folks saw that the t-shirt is available for order, if interested: https://craw.racing/shop
Buying one!
Bought one too! And we're squarely in Guatemala now. The road we're on even has a shoulder and people walking on it! We've got both company and some semblance of safety!

I love the design, unfortunately I don’t get along well with white shirts! Maybe they’ll offer it in additional colors as the race rolls along.

I'm not sure if I'll buy a t-shirt or one of the bib tank tops. The same map design, but you can put your name and team name on the tanks. I would probably get more use out of the tank top than the t-shirt, but either way I agree with @camaker in that I wish they weren't white.

Week 4 Update

Well, week 4 was a big week for us. We received our first badges as we completed all the following:
  • Completed our very long run through Mexico (on Tuesday)
  • Passed the halfway point of Region 1 (on Thursday)
  • Completed our run through Guatemala (on Saturday)
As we start this week, we only have 55 miles left in El Salvador before entering into Honduras for a brief 81 mile jog. Then, it's on to Nicaragua, and we will probably end the week in Costa Rica.

Based on the mileage posted as of midnight last night (end of the week), we have a total of 1,498 miles completed. The two prediction models are now aligned that we should finish Region 1 on 10/16. For the entire CRAW, the prediction model has decreased to just under 1 year 6 months based on our average daily team mileage (55.5 miles per day).

As always, if anybody hasn't posted mileage for this past week (through yesterday), you have until midnight tonight (Monday) before this past week is locked.

Progress2020-09-27.png

Last edited:
Week 4 Update

Well, week 4 was a big week for us. We received our first badges as we completed all the following:
  • Completed our very long run through Mexico (on Tuesday)
  • Passed the halfway point of Region 1 (on Thursday)
  • Completed our run through Guatemala (on Saturday)
As we start this week, we only have 55 miles left in El Salvador before entering into Honduras for a brief 81 mile jog. Then, it's on to Nicaragua, and we will probably end the week in Costa Rica.

Based on the mileage posted as of midnight last night (end of the week), we have a total of 1,498 miles completed. The two predication models are now aligned that we should finish Region 1 on 10/16. For the entire CRAW, the prediction model has decreased to just under 1 year 6 months based on our average daily team mileage (55.5 miles per day).

As always, if anybody hasn't posted mileage for this past week (through yesterday), you have until midnight tonight (Monday) before this past week is locked.

View attachment 528562

Thanks for the weekly summary!

We are really making tracks! It's fun to see the mileage climb so fast with all of us contributing.

What is the protocol for continuing on to Region 2? I know we can potentially change team members, but what is the turnaround like? I guess some of those really fast teams must already be on Region 2.

What is the protocol for continuing on to Region 2? I know we can potentially change team members, but what is the turnaround like? I guess some of those really fast teams must already be on Region 2.
So, I very much appreciate your motivation while we are still 1,000 miles away from the end of Region 1. They have a How to: Signing for Region 2 post on the CRAW website that walks you through how to register for Region 2 (please note that you will want to get your bib number so that you can provide it during Region 2 registration). We can register for Region 2 prior to finishing Region 1, but I think we should wait until closer to the end such that nobody accidentally posts miles for Region 2 instead of Region 1.

We do need to be careful as we get close to the end of Region 1 as any excess miles posted to Region 1 are lost and will not count toward Region 2. We'll just have to stay in close contact (probably via this thread) to make sure we don't all post miles at the same time towards the end. There are two questions as part of their FAQs that discuss this:

EndOfRegionFAQ.png

Yes, the top team is already 83% done with Region 2. Their top mileage runner has already run and walked a total of 1,010 miles since September 1st. That's an average of over 37 miles per day... and just to make us all look forward to our future years, he is 70 years old.

Yes, the top team is already 83% done with Region 2. Their top mileage runner has already run and walked a total of 1,010 miles since September 1st. That's an average of over 37 miles per day... and just to make us all look forward to our future years, he is 70 years old.

Lol. He must be retired - that's the only way he'd have time to put in all those miles!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter