Christmas cookies ideas!!!

So far I have made fudge (DS's choice every year), chocolate chip and chocolate orange cheesecake bites (DD and DIL's choice).
I still need to do the Peanut Butter Blossoms (DH), Haystacks (DH), sugar (DGD), Whoppers (DD-gluten free) and probably gingersnap.
Could be more.
We leave for WDW Tuesday and when we return in self imposed quarantine, so I might do some others

Have a magical trip., and when you come home and have decompressed back to the real world, please share your recipe for the chocolate orange cheesecake bites..TIA

I've been trying different molasses/gingerbread/gingersnap recipes trying to find the perfect crispy cookie. Do these really come out crispy? Thanks.
Yes, I thought I was the only person who likes cookies crispy. Keep the cookies small and don't seal them in a ziplock or anything and you should be as happy as I am, truly yummy.

Have a magical trip., and when you come home and have decompressed back to the real world, please share your recipe for the chocolate orange cheesecake bites..TIA

I'll see if I have it stored online.
It is actually chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecakes. I just add some orange peel to it

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars

3/4 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups miniature chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped pecans

Filling:
2 packages (8 oz each) softened Cream Cheese
3/4 cup Sugar
2 Egg
1 tsp Vanilla

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350.
In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy.
Beat is egg and vanilla.
Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Gradually add to the creamed mixture until blended. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans (this is where I added grated orange peel).
Set aside a third of the dough for the topping.
Press remaining dough into a greased 13 x 9x 2" baking pan.
Bake for 8 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
Beat in eggs and vanilla. Spoon over crust.
Drop teaspoons of reserved dough over filling.
Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
Cool on wire rack. Cover and store in refrigerator.

I’m taking the year off from baking this time, but I usually do chocolate crinkle cookies, peanut butter blossoms, chocolate chip and sprinkle cookies and ooey gooey bars.

:goodvibes Maybe I should send you mine! Christmas baking is more of an arts-and-crafts project around here than actually making food anybody will eat. My DH and DS are a pair of weirdo that don't really like sweets and couldn't care less if I ever make anything. Honestly, it's kind of disheartening for someone who likes to nurture through food. Normally, there's a ton of festive parties and gift-giving opportunities where I can "express myself" but not this year. I'm still going to make my bare-minimum, non-negotiable favourites: ginger snaps, rolled and decorated sugar cookies, whipped shortbread (piped into rosettes), jam thumbprints (so delicious rolled in toasted walnuts) and coconut macaroons. And fudge - the fudge will probably actually get eaten. Here's a recipe and for anyone that hasn't tried it - you can thank me later.

Easy, Amazing Fudge
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 full cups chocolate chips (measure this, one regular bag will not be enough)
1 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
pinch salt

Combine milk and chips in a heavy bottomed sauce pan and heat over a very low heat, stirring constantly until the chips are melted. Stir in butter, vanilla and salt and blend well - it should be thick and glossy. Pour onto a greased plate and refrigerate until firm. Takes about 3 minutes start-to-finish.

OMG.....that's exactly my fudge recipe.!! See, Canadians and Americans can think exactly alike especially when it comes to chocolate!! :love:

How many cookies do you normally put on a cookie tray?

Thinking of making a cookie tray for Christmas Eve. I will definitely make the Peanut Butter Blossoms and chocolate chip. And maybe like a ginger/molasses type cookies. Plus I would like to make those little pretzel bites with the hershey kisses on them.

What are your favorites? I would also like to do things that can freeze well, so I can get a few things done ahead of time.

I
I did a big cookie tray a few years ago. I just pulled up a picture and counted that I’d made 14 kinds. I remember some of the better ones being the mexican wedding cookies, grapefruit sandwich cookies, almond crescents, thumbprint cookies, and peppermint patties. Crackle cookies are an easy go-to recipe in our house. All can be made and frozen in advance.

How many cookies do you normally put on a cookie tray?

Thinking of making a cookie tray for Christmas Eve. I will definitely make the Peanut Butter Blossoms and chocolate chip. And maybe like a ginger/molasses type cookies. Plus I would like to make those little pretzel bites with the hershey kisses on them.

What are your favorites? I would also like to do things that can freeze well, so I can get a few things done ahead of time.

I

Try the mini pretzels with ROLOs on them.....so good....caramel and chocolate!!! If the tray was to give someone I would put at least a dozen. If you are bringing to a dinner I would do at least two-three dozen. During Christmas I don't do Christmas cookies anymore but have been doing chocolate covered pretzels. I did find a cookie I want to make for the grandkids this year though.....its called a melting snowman cookie and is so cute.

This is a typical box of Christmas pretzels I give out.

MJ

OMG.....that's exactly my fudge recipe.!! See, Canadians and Americans can think exactly alike especially when it comes to chocolate!! :love:
The secret to this fudge is absolutely never admitting to anybody how simple it is when the compliments start rolling in. Milk it as if you had to spend years at the Culinary Institute mastering it. :rotfl:

I'm scaling back this year from the 13 - 15 different types of cookies I make for Christmas. I give cookies to my neighbors, friends at work and family.

This year, I'll give some to family and neighbors since we are all working from our homes.

I'll do chocolate chips, ricotta cookies, 4 different kinds of truffles, wedding cakes, sugar cookies and maybe something else. My DS requested the truffles, so that's why so many of them.

Peanut blossoms, sugar cookies, cornflake wreaths, anise cookies, shortbread, spritz, several varieties of biscotti, gingerbread, some variety of peppermint yet to be decided, a soft coconut cookie I think is an Austrian recipe I cannot remember the name of.

Magic cookie bars, orange balls, Basler Leckerli, and ginger snaps.

I typically make seven layer rainbows, knot cookies (usually half almond, half anise), lemon anginetti, chocolate chip, and pistachio pudding white chocolate chip.

Oh I just LOVE baking!!!

Frosted Sugar cookies
Peanut butter blossoms
Mini brownie cups with peanut butter cup in the middle
Snowballs
Birdsnest - cookies with raspberry jam in the middle
Magic cookie bars - 7 layer bars
Buckeye brownie bars
Oatmeal/white chip/cranberry cookies
Peanut clusters
Mini Almond breads and Gingerbreads
Peanut butter and chocolate fudge
Pizzelles
Mini pretzels with a melted Rolo and green or red M&M on top

I have been practicing on making the Mexican wedding cookies using the copious amount of pecans we ended up with from our pecan tree this year. I think I have perfected it! Gone through a lot of butter, vanilla etc.
That's a traditional Christmas cookie where I come from. Polvorones (mexican wedding cookies) are always on my Christmas cookie tray.

My cookie tray will have cutout sugar and gingerbread cookies, chocolate crackle cookies, polvorones, oatmeal raisin pecan cookies and chocolate chip. I usually do a batch of fudge as well.

No bake cookies with almond bark, peanut butter, Marshmallows and peanuts. So good.

I love toffee bars made with graham cracker crust. Unfortunately, my waistline does not need these beloved toffee bars.😂

We do peanut butter blossoms, nestle tollhouse m&m w/ red and green m&ms, and sugar cookies with frosting. So yummy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter