Christmas 2017 - Should we even consider this ?

WDWNext

Mouseketeer
Hi all,
We are just talking about making our 2nd WDW visit. The last one was 4 years ago in April end. It was a 10 day trip and there was not a single attraction we did not see (well almost).

Sigh.... now we are staring at Christmas week. 23-29th. Kids are grown, youngest is 6.
We absolutely know its the busiest time of the year.

Main high level concerns.

- Will we be able to get fast passes or is it too late in the game ? This is NEW to us, so do not have much knowledge about this. Is there a way to check before we buy the tickets ?

- Are there any ticketed events in the park like Mickey's VM Christmas party going on in that week, and will we have to leave the park early during that event or is that in a separate area and we can still hang in the park ?

- I have heard people say December is the best time ambiance / decoration wise, do you guys agree with this ?

Thanks everyone in advance,
R.

I looked on touring plans and seems like a lot of fastpasses still left ( except for Flight of Passage).

MVMCP ends 12/22 so you will be good there.

I have been there several times in December and love the decorations and ambiance. I am actually going this year from 12/22 to 1/1 so will get to experience the Christmas crowds for the first time. I have only been there in early December in the past.

Hope this helps

Thanks Sonny,
We decided today to do the Christmas week later and we are postponing our trip to Spring break '18.

Thanks Sonny,
We decided today to do the Christmas week later and we are postponing our trip to Spring break '18.

Smart move, although wouldn't say Spring Break is a lot better, LOL, except you'll have longer to get desired FP's and ADR's.
From pictures, and feedback from friends, Xmas is a nightmare - but lots of people seem to thrive on it - to each their own! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter