China trip with adopted Chinese daughters?

wendylovesdisney

DIS Veteran
Can anyone post on their experiences with their daughter or daughters on a China trip? I have 2 daughters who were both adopted and would love to hear opinions and experiences.
How old was your daughter?
Did you think it was a kinder, gentler way (meaning not so much emphasis on the orphanage, etc) to go back to China as opposed to a "heritage" tour?

Thanks!

I'd be interested to hear experiences with this too. I'm seriously considering doing the ABD China trip with my daughter when she is a bit older, then heading to her birth province to meet her foster family. We'd then head to HK and hit Disney before coming home. I'll take her to China no matter what, but like the OP said, I'm wondering if the not-so-adoption-based Disney trip would be better than the heritage tours...I loved China and can't wait to go back, but wonder if there is some bonding on the heritage tours since all the families are adoptive families that would be valuable as well.

Our daughters were born in China. We went on the ABD China tour that is ending on Friday. We got pulled from the trip and put into quarantine for the stupid H1N1 scare. What we got to experience from the tour was fantastic. What we experienced in quarantine was frightening.

Our girls are entering fifth and third grades in the fall. We had interesting conversations with the girls concerning a traditional heritage tour, or the ABD tour. Our girls chose the ABD tour. We had no plans to visit their birth cities. Both of our daughters were born in the same provience in China.

We will rebook the ABD China trip once there is no chance of being put into quarantine again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter