Child's birthday question--

FloridaGirl

Mouseketeer
We have scheduled a trip to WDW on May 7-9th. My daughter will turn 4 on the 8th-- we will arrive on teh 7th but won't be at the parks til the 8th. Is it inappropriate to tell them at the park about her birthday even if it is a day later? I would like her to experience the parks as a"birthday girl"-- what are your thoughts?:earsboy: princess:

Head to City Hall or Guest Relations and pick up your birthday button. Wear it with pride and have fun.

I am only somewhat familiar with the park-- meaning I know where the entrance gates are hahahah and the Castle-- I am sure whenI get there I can ask-- just wanted a "heads up?"

All the parks have birthday buttons. Stop by guest relations at each park and pick one up. The CM's will offer birthday greetings, you may get a magical moment on a ride, a phone call from Goofy.

If you don't know where guest relations is, pick up a park map when you enter the park. It will be marked.

City hall is right inside the MK, after you pass under the railroad station, on your left (if I am remembering correctly).............P

I am so excited to be able to make this a special birthday trip-- she will love it-- I am also going to call and see if one of our character meals can be sort of a birthday party too-- thanks for all the help!:Pinkbounc

We will be going to MK one day before my sons 4th birthday, this saturday. I'm going to get him a button:earsboy: I also plan on telling the CM's at his birtday breakfast the same day and then at our lunch the next day, on his actual birthday. I want him to remember our trip as a magical disney birthday.:Pinkbounc

We had planned to do this for DS as his 7th birthday was 12/18 and we arrived 12/20. We got the birthday button and all, but when the time came, we just couldnt do it. We felt funny about him wearing something saying "TODAY is my birthday", when it really wasnt. It sort of takes away from people who really do have a birthday that day. We had also planned to get a cupcake or something at dinner, but we didnt. It just didnt feel right to us.
But, thats just us, and I know we are in the minority on this one, so go with your gut. ;)

You could always make a label or sticker to put on the button changing the Today part to yesterday or the right date. I am bringing my niece for a week prior to her birthday, however we are considering the whole week a long birthday celebration for her. I think that I'm going to make a label changing the Today to her correct birthdate. That way she can feel special, CMs can give her attention if they want to and we are not lying.

You could just make a special pin that says "Today I am CELEBRATING my birthday". My kids both celebrated their birthday in WDW in January. Each had a special day complete with a character meal. DS true birthday was only two days after we returned from our trip, but DD's true birthday is in July. We NEVER visit the parks during the summer and hence she would never be able to celebrate her birthday at WDW on the correct day. Both of my kids understood we weren't trying to "pull a fast one" on anyone or "lie" . They really were celebrating their birthdays.... just a little early. The trip was part of their Christmas and birthday gifts for 2003/2004...................P

Since it is just the day after I am going to do it---- I think she will love it-- you only turn four once and if you're with the Mouse the day after-- I think we're going to live it up!! Thanks for all the advice!:hyper: :wave2:

I want to do this for DH. He will be turning 25 the day before we arrive. Is there an age limit for getting the pin?

We celebrated DH's 30th at WDW last year. He wore a button all day and had Goofy call him several times that day to wish him a happy birthday. He loved it!

Get the button and just say you're celebrating her birthday week !

Who says you can only celebrate your birthday for one day?

ITS WDW, THEY WONT CARE IF ITS BEEN 20 DAYS SINCE YOUR B DAY. TELL THEM! THEY WILL TREAT HER GREAT!::MickeyMo

I know this sounds silly, but would it be wrong for me to get a birthday button too! I am turning 25 on Sept.5th and we won't be in Disney World until Oct.13, but part of the reason we are going there is to celebrate my birthday!

I was there the day of my 21st birthday and I did not know you could get a birthday button.:(

Absolutely nothing wrong with that! Just ask the CM's.... they understand that sometimes you can't be at WDW right on the day.... but there is nothing wrong with celebrating a bit early or late. If you feel uncomfortable wearing a pin that says "Today is my birthday" then make yourself one saying "Today I am CELEBRATING my birthday"......................P :wave2:

Just don't put exceptions too high. Sometimes you'll get a "big" deal and others you won't!!! Gone w/ different relatives of various ages for their bdays. Even did the character meal thing, noted it was a young birthday-- called the day before. He got the cupcake w/ the candle. Nothing of a party like atmosphere. The place was sooo busy--- the characters didn't even notice.

Thanks pjlla and kilee! I think I will get the birthday button and see what happens!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter