Chicken Breast Recipes

lovetoscrap

Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there.
I told pjlla I would post some recipes for her. Feel free to add any of your Chicken Breast recipes here.

Sesame Chicken

2 T defatted reduced sodium chicken broth
1 T minced fresh parsley
1 T finely chopped scallions (I substitute onion powder)
1/2 T reduced sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1/2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 pinch ground coriander
1 drop hot pepper sauce
6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 breast halves) cut into 1/2 inch wide strips
1/2 T sesame seeds

1. In a medium bowl, combine the broth, parsley, scallions, soy sauce, oil, garlic, ginger, coriander, and hot pepper sauce. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. Preheat the broiler.

2. Drain the chicken. Discard the marinade. Thread the chicken strips on separate 6in metal skewers in loose S shapes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.

3. Place the skewers on the rack of a broiling pan. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3 minutes. Turn the skewers over and broil for 3-5 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink.

Notes: *I don't even bother with the skewers! I just put the strips on the broiler pan and then turn with tongs

Baked Chicken

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 teaspoons fresh tarragon (we use dried rosemary, we don't like tarragon)
1/2 cup button mushroom, sliced thin
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup white wine
1 cup chicken stock
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper

1. Preheat oven to 400. Chop tarragon and garlic together with olive oil and make a paste. Massage garlic mixture all over chicken.

2. Place chicken in 9x9 class baking dish. Add mushrooms, stock and white wine and cover with foil. Bake for 25 minutes.

3. Remove foil, baste chicken and sprinkle cheese on top of each. Bake uncovered for another 5-10 minutes or until browned and cheese has melted.

* Since we have 4 people I double the chicken, but don't double the liquid (wine and chix stock). There is plenty here.

Savory Chicken Saute

2 tbl. Olive oil
3 Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 Large onion, sliced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 tbl. Fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
1/2 cup Fat-free chicken broth
Pinch salt
Pinch freshly ground black pepper
Preparation

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the chicken breasts in the oil for 4 minutes, then turn them over and add the onion. Cover and cook for 3 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic, rosemary, and broth. Cover and cook until the onion is tender-crisp, about 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.

*this is one of our favorites for quick and easy

Lemon Chicken

4 boneless chicken breasts
pinch salt
pinch black pepper
1 sprig fresh sage, or dried
1 sprit fresh rosemary, or dried
2 cloves garlic
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 cups dry white wine (or 1/2 cup wine and 1 1/2 cup chicken broth)
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
onion, sliced

1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, sage rosemary and garlic.

2. Heat the oil in a large pan on the stove, add the chicken and brown on both sides.

3. Add the wine (and chicken broth) and lemon juice and onion (optional) to the pan and cook until chicken is done.

4. Remove the chicken from the pan and bring the liquid to a boil. Boil until reduced by half. Serve chicken with the pan juice.

Easy Chicken and Wine Sauce

4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 cup dry white wine
3 medium tomatoes, sliced

1. In a medium skillet, heat the oil and garlic over medium heat. Sprinkle the chicken with the salt and pepper, then add to the skillet and cook for 7 to 10 minutes. Add the white wine and cook for an additional 2 minutes.

2. Remove the chicken to a platter. Saute the tomatoes in the skillet until tender. Place the tomatoes over the chicken and cover with the pan drippings.

*another wonderful quick and easy

Spinach, Cheese and Prosciutto Stuffed Chicken Breasts

4 boneless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
4 slices prosciutto or deli ham, thinly sliced
4 slices smoked provolone
1 cup spinach leaves, chopped
4 Tablespoons all purpose flour, divided
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon butter
1 cup chicken broth
1 Tablespoon heavy cream

1. Preheat oven to 350

2. Form pocket by cutting each chicken breast horizontally almost to opposite edge. Fold back top half of chicken breast. Sprinkle chicken lightly with salt and pepper. Place 1 slice prosciutto, 1 slice provolone and 1/4 cup spinach on each chicken breast. Fold top half of breasts over filling.

3. Spread 3 Tablespoons flour on plate. Holding chicken breast closed, coat with flour. shake of excess and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper

4. Heat oil and butter in large skillet over medium heat. Place chicken in skillet. /Cook about 4 minutes on each side or until browned.

5. Transfer chicken to shallow baking dish. Bake in oven 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center and juices run clear.

6. Whisk chicken broth and cream into remaining 1 T Flour in small bowl. Pour chicken broth mixture into same skillet. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes. Spoon sauce onto serving plates and top with chicken breasts.

*we use Deli Sliced Ham instead of Prosciutto. You can substitute other cheeses like swiss or mozzarella or Gruyere

Pan Fried Chicken

4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
2T butter
1T oil
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup flour

Flatten chicken breasts to an even thickness. Melt butter and oil in large skillet. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and dredge in flour. Cook chicken, turning once, until both sides are golden brown (about 3 minutes per side). Serve immediately

Oven Fried Chicken

4 chicken breasts (boneless skinless)
6 T flour
1 t salt
dash pepper
1 egg beaten with 2 T water
1 oz parmesan cheese
1 1/2 oz cornflake crumbs
8 t margarine melted

In a flat bowl mix flour, salt and pepper. In another bowl mix cornflakes and parmesan cheese. Coat chicken in flour, dip in egg and roll in crumbs. Place in sprayed 9x13 pan and drizzle with margarine. Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes.
* this recipe is from Weight Watchers years ago
* I bake on a Pampered Chef stone or on a cooling rack on a cookie sheet so the bottom stays crisper

Some great sounding recipes there. Definately going to try some of them.

I'll share my favorite chicken marinade for grilling season:

Lemon Thyme Chicken:

1- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts

3 tablespoons vegetable oil ( I use olive oil)

Juice from one lemon

1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon peel

1 tablespoon minced garlic

1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme OR
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves ( I have substituted Rosemary, Italian herbs, Mrs. Dash Salt Free Seasoning , and Lemon Pepper Seasoning. It works well with all of these!)

salt and ground pepper to taste

Instructions:
Combine all ingredients then add chicken (I marinate meat in a zip lock bag so you can "massage" the meat. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Grill, eat and enjoy!!

Great on whole breast, or chunks of chicken for kabobs, have also used this marinade on grilled shrimp.

LovetoScrap, are the cornflake crumbs from the cereal? Do you just smash them? I am obviously not much for cooking, but DH and I are trying to loose weight, and this sounds like something the whole family will eat (the oven fried chicken). Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!