Chicago Marathon 2018 (Oct 7th) DIS Meet Race!

I'm definitely anxious to find out on December 12th. If I don't get in though I have almost certainly decided that I will sign up for Milwaukee Lakefront (which apparently is the same day as Chicago next year - doesn't seem like the greatest idea).

I am officially booked at Hilton Chicago. We used points. I have to pay pet deposit and parking, but at least not the room. Good to use that benefit from work travel. We are there Oct 5 to the 8, since we will have to drive. We will split the drive into two days both ways. Now just need my hip to completely heal up.

Looking at the Hilton website, the majority are showing no rooms available which I can’t believe is the case this far out especially since it is some of their lesser brands. Does anyone know when they open the booking window?

Looking at the Hilton website, the majority are showing no rooms available which I can’t believe is the case this far out especially since it is some of their lesser brands. Does anyone know when they open the booking window?

I think they block them out for the race. You can book through the race website.

I think they block them out for the race. You can book through the race website.

That could be some of it but I don’t think they are open yet. If you try to book a room through Hilton for say the Wednesday after the race. All the same hotels are still saying no rooms available.

@ChattaDIS i booked through Hilton website. The booking window seemed to be 11 months out. To be honest though I was stalking Hilton Chicago and did not check anywhere else. It had 2 extremely important points and a high third. 1. It was near start and finish of race, I wanted to be able to walk to the start. 2. It allowed my dog. I have two but only the one that is my avatar will come with. 3. I had points and was hoping to use those to save a little money.

@ChattaDIS i booked through Hilton website. The booking window seemed to be 11 months out. To be honest though I was stalking Hilton Chicago and did not check anywhere else. It had 2 extremely important points and a high third. 1. It was near start and finish of race, I wanted to be able to walk to the start. 2. It allowed my dog. I have two but only the one that is my avatar will come with. 3. I had points and was hoping to use those to save a little money.[/Q

Definitely a good option. Unfortunately right now I am a few points shy to cover a three night stay although 60k a night for that location is good. I was trying to find something north of the river for my families convienence and maybe save a few points. I guess I’ll just keep stalking.

2 weeks from today until we find out! I need this for Christmas!!

Time to write the big man!
giphy.gif

2 weeks from today until we find out! I need this for Christmas!!

Time to write the big man!
giphy.gif

We're seeing him on Sunday so I'll drop in a request for us. I'm sure my kid won't mind me butting in.

Anyone else experience that feeling when you see people on facebook or instagram excitedly showing how they applied for Chicago. And although you want everyone here on the dis to join, you just want to shout STOP IT to all those good for nothing internet strangers taking up our spots? Anyone?

Ugh...I'll go light a few more Ditka prayer candles for us all.

I am in for Chicago. My sister signed up for the lottery and it will be her first marathon. I got a confirmed Shamrock Shuffle legacy spot and plan to run it with her if she gets in!

Awesome! I'm getting closer, but not quite there for the legacy spot. Are you running the shuffle again this year?

I am in for Chicago. My sister signed up for the lottery and it will be her first marathon. I got a confirmed Shamrock Shuffle legacy spot and plan to run it with her if she gets in!

Awesome! I'll put you down on the OP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!