Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

So I'm in DC this week... it's almost painful being this close to the HRD and All Star game and not having tickets! :sad::sad::sad:

Hoping our guys play well and come back fired up for the second half of the season!!

Here's our guys before boarding their private jet to D.C.! Unlike me, they travel in style, lol:thumbsup2

DiMIxm7V4AEjM9B.jpg

and like that ASG at Wrigley, rain threatening this one..dang it! Especially concerning since we/STL have a game Thirsday and the rest of the MLB has Thurs off. Stupid broadcasting..only reason that game is being played that day.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/ct-spt-all-star-game-weather-20180716-story.html
I was there for the whole game. The rain was really nasty. We ended up watching the last two innings from the field boxes after all the "fair weather" (aka, rich) fans left after the monsoon in the 7th inning.

Congratulations to Kyle for making it to the finals! Harper had it so much easier in the 2nd round PLUS he cheated in the 3rd round. His pitcher did not wait for the ball to drop after the 2nd rest to pitch him another one while he was on a roll. Erg. The ball was literally in the air when he pitched the next one for that long series.

Congratulations to Kyle for making it to the finals! Harper had it so much easier in the 2nd round PLUS he cheated in the 3rd round. His pitcher did not wait for the ball to drop after the 2nd rest to pitch him another one while he was on a roll. Erg. The ball was literally in the air when he pitched the next one for that long series.

It balanced out. Harper's dad was also pitching like crap that last round. All in all, Harper deserved it. Great showing by Schwarbs though.

I wasn’t going to remark on the cheating for fear of someone thinking me a bad sport but... :headache::headache::headache:

It’s pretty clear Schwarbs was the better player. Well, clear to everyone but the announcers. They sure liked him. :crazy2:

It balanced out. Harper's dad was also pitching like crap that last round. All in all, Harper deserved it. Great showing by Schwarbs though.
No, cheating does not balance out. His dad could still pitch well, but still follow the rules.

Congratulations to Kyle for making it to the finals! Harper had it so much easier in the 2nd round PLUS he cheated in the 3rd round. His pitcher did not wait for the ball to drop after the 2nd rest to pitch him another one while he was on a roll. Erg. The ball was literally in the air when he pitched the next one for that long series.[/QUOTE

I DVR'd it. Daddy Harper threw the last 6 pitches early, you can see Bryce say "Hurry up" and he also got extra time after his 2nd time out rest. If Harper had to actually hit 55 HR's in the same amount of time as Kyle he would implode. The way I see it it, the entire ESPN and internet viewing base saw that Diva Harper had to cheat to win :rotfl:. That is not something t be proud of. He also showed he needs a special bag of accessories and a *check me* mirror to take the field. Can someone, ANYONE to tell him that haircut is vomit inducing? The only way I know KB isn't perfect is that he is fiend's with Harper. Just can't figure that one out.:confused3

It's just a HR derby. Everyone is there to have fun. Not a big deal.
mmmm...apparently by the desperate comments of "not going to lose again" by the Harper's..they we not there for fun, they were there for vindication. only they showed they had to cheat to achieve it, lol. So Bryce :rolleyes1

I wasn’t going to remark on the cheating for fear of someone thinking me a bad sport but... :headache::headache::headache:

It’s pretty clear Schwarbs was the better player. Well, clear to everyone but the announcers. They sure liked him. :crazy2:
the internet is flooded with people pointing out how Harper cheated. Poor desperate soul :rotfl:Kyle and his pitcher, Javy and his brother all represented the Cubs with class, respect for the rules and mad home run crushing talent! Iloved that one of the Schwarbomb's went into the group of Marine's since one of Kyle's charities is Hometown Heroes

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!