Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

so a possible update at 8:30 on IF there will indeed be a game tonight. Doesn't look good. I feel like Ian could have given a heads up on inclement weather :rotfl:
Lots of rain here, so if it happens, it will be LATE
I'm like 15 min from the park. If not for the stinkin' snow in the winter, wish it was 15 min from Wrigley.

I assume Joe was rearranging his strategy for this weekend during the delay...throws off pitching for the Cleveland series too. Monty will be ticked if he doesn't get the start Sat.

Makeup game on August 30th means the Cubs will go 23 straight games without a day off from August 21st through September 13th. NOT good. Mother Nature is REALLY making this season brutal

pitching rotation going forward: Lester Friday, Hendricks and Q Saturday (TBD on order) and Darvish Sunday.

Last edited:
Lets hope this lineup has Homer Bailey living up to his name~and yes, rain is an issue again. Why? 'Cause Lester is pitching, lol

SHOCKING DEVELOPMENT!

DELAYED DUE TO RAIN :rolleyes2 (I knew better than to eat the Fannie May until the game actually starts lol)

LETS GO CUBBIE'S! TIME TO ADD ON TO THE W COLUMN!!!!!
0d5658c6b05006b0588334ec013ec56f.jpg

JHey activated today!!!!(I know most hate him, but good news to me)

DdgL891WAAAN2dN.jpg:large

Last edited:

Makeup game on August 30th means the Cubs will go 23 straight games without a day off from August 21st through September 13th. NOT good. Mother Nature is REALLY making this season brutal

pitching rotation going forward: Lester Friday, Hendricks and Q Saturday (TBD on order) and Darvish Sunday.
But, on the bright side (for me at least), I can see the 3rd game with the Cubbies. I think I'm going to plan to take a day off from work and go REALLY early. Hey @Kewz1 , wanna come join us in Atlanta on the 30th? It will definitely be hotlanta in Aug, but would love to be able to cheer on our Cubbies together! I'm considering asking my brother and sister-in-law to come up as well. Maybe if I buy the tickets they will come. (Instead of the line from field of dreams.)

cubs-w-flag.jpg

LETS DO IT AGAIN TOMORROW...TWICE!!!!!!!!!!

Vrrom Vroom Addie! Lester plowing through the rain , no big deal. Buccos lose, but Brewers win. Jake did not have a god outing, hoping the Phillies can make a comeback!

GAME ONE LINEUP~LOOKS PRETTY GOOD TO ME!(Happ ahead of the pitcher again, will he get walked 3 more times today?:scratchin)

LET'S PLAY TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!
8483b486e73e95f8e38f024e8ecdf23f--go-cubs-go-cubs-win.jpg

DdkPkClVwAAldzX.jpg:large

GAME ONE LINEUP~LOOKS PRETTY GOOD TO ME!(Happ ahead of the pitcher again, will he get walked 3 more times today?:scratchin)

LET'S PLAY TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!
8483b486e73e95f8e38f024e8ecdf23f--go-cubs-go-cubs-win.jpg

DdkPkClVwAAldzX.jpg:large
Yeah, lead off. And I hope Addie stays hot today.

LET'S TRY THIS AGAIN LINEUP~
DdlwAibU8AA2ifu.jpg

only gonna put one example up here but..yeah
DdlhDbFVwAATTbe.jpg

could we maybe , kinda, not leave half our Roster in RISP?
I happily toss that game right into the river.

this team seriously has no middle ground lol
091516_cubs_flag_med_3_fqqoz3ho.gif

Happ took over Cog's #8 , then joins Cog's with the homer in each game of a double-header. If he calls a time out e-hack & knocks in 2 , I'm gonna check to see if it's really Cog's in a Happ mask lol

KB & Addie with a deserved day off, but looks like going for the run support early for YU!
LETS GET THE SERIES!!!!! GO CUBS!!!!!!

here come the Machado rental rumors of having Addie traded and Javy at SS after he (Machado) goes FA :rolleyes2

DdpXmroUQAARwy_.jpg

for those that missed the fun in game 1 today....Javy could have taken him lol,, that bat flinch . Garrett roaring like a Lion..what a piece of work. Young pitcher, your team is 10 back..keep it classy Cinci.

https://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2018/05/19/2059906383/1526759528981/asset_2500K.mp4

Wow, Rizzo was ready to mix it up!

{snip} here come the Machado rental rumors of having Addie traded and Javy at SS after he (Machado) goes FA :rolleyes2
I'd be okay with that :bitelip:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter