Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Whew. I looked at it again and my seats are behind the white plastic on the right.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-cubs-wrigley-field-update-20171107-story.html
this is a really cool breakdown of the changes/improvements

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/chc/restore-wrigley/our-vision/ballpark-renderings/

the ramps by the Marquee are gone too! Check out the new entrance framing it
DPM1AFNXkAAP8B4.jpg

Last edited:
That’s all so crazy.

Happy Thanksgiving to all btw.
Ditto on the Happy Thanksgiving to all :goodvibes

on another interesting note, we all know Justin Wilson's pitching was less than we had hoped~ but the Twin's sure don't seem to mind what they saw....
per Mike Berardino (Twin's beat writer)

While #Padres will listen again on Chaska's Brad Hand as will BAL on Britton, #mntwins could make another run at LHP Justin Wilson, per multiple sources. Ex-DET closer flopped w/#Cubs, carries $4.3 M arb projection as 5+ guy. MN wanted him badly when NYY moved JW after 2015.

:scratchin

and I'm still in the dark over whoever the PTBNL back on the Miggy deal is/will be from the BlueJay's..anyone?

Happy belated thanksgiving everyone. I spent last week down in FL (wasn't sunny...overcast and rained most of the week). Love the temps there...70s-80s was glorious and then had to come home to 40 this morning. :sad:

Hope y'all had a great thanksgiving.

Andre coming back to the Cubbies...another thing to be thankful for.

Welcome back Doc! Florida is so colorful even in the rain, hope you relaxed some. Speaking of FL...as a Dolphin fan (and patriotic one at that) you will appreciate this. My brother and SIL came over for Thanksgiving and filled us in on a great opportunity they were given. They are season ticket holder's and received a call from the Fin's asking if he and his wife and any other family members would like to participate in holding the huge American flag on the field Dec 11! My brother had seen awesome airfare for $64 round trip and had already booked a trip to see 2 games, the 11th being one of them so he was like HECK YES!!!!!!! How I wish I could go and see them getting to do it. I am hoping upon hope it is actually shown on tv but I doubt it..always commercials esp on the Monday night games but Fl just has something about it , y'know? Rain or not. I know this is the Cubs page but had to share with a fellow Fin fan!

Welcome back Doc! Florida is so colorful even in the rain, hope you relaxed some. Speaking of FL...as a Dolphin fan (and patriotic one at that) you will appreciate this. My brother and SIL came over for Thanksgiving and filled us in on a great opportunity they were given. They are season ticket holder's and received a call from the Fin's asking if he and his wife and any other family members would like to participate in holding the huge American flag on the field Dec 11! My brother had seen awesome airfare for $64 round trip and had already booked a trip to see 2 games, the 11th being one of them so he was like HECK YES!!!!!!! How I wish I could go and see them getting to do it. I am hoping upon hope it is actually shown on tv but I doubt it..always commercials esp on the Monday night games but Fl just has something about it , y'know? Rain or not. I know this is the Cubs page but had to share with a fellow Fin fan!
Cool deal! I got to do that once for a Brave's game. Even got to hold the Air Force star when they did the tribute to each of the branches of service. Still get goosebumps thinking about both. That is cool for your brother and SIL. Wish you could go and hope maybe they can get someone to video it for you.

Cubs declined to offer Hector Rondon a contract..I am going to miss him. :sad1: He was pure class and handled being bumped as our closer for Chapman better than just about any player out there, with pure team mate self-lessness. He still has a great arm, I just think his heart was just broken a little. Best of luck Hector!(always Cub to me)
images
images

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/hector-rondon-non-tendered-by-cubs/

Not signing Hector could mean that Cobb is looking more likely...?

also~

Shohei Ohtani has been posted for $20 million . He must sign with an American team by December 22nd . The max he can get is $3.5 million signing bonus . He will be under same rules as a player signed in amateur free agent draft .

Ugh. I'd rather have Hector than Wilson.

Bad night for me. My beloved football Badgers were beat tonight by 6 measly points. We were poised to make it to the Championships and came up short :(.

Ugh. I'd rather have Hector than Wilson.

Bad night for me. My beloved football Badgers were beat tonight by 6 measly points. We were poised to make it to the Championships and came up short :(.
Yeah....felt for you on the Badger's...but at least you were with friends to help ease the pain.
Same on Hector...his contract $ is about the only reason I can figure Grimm is still here and Hector gone. Hector/Wilson have those saves, something Grimm doesn't in his "I am worth it" column. Grimm probs gone if he doesn't show his worth by the trade deadline. Wilson? boy, I hope Hickey is part psychologist 'cause half of Justin's issue is in his head. I was hoping Avila would be coming back (and he might) just to help with Wislon if he was returning.

apparently there is only one news story in baseball these days...and it is Ohtani. Front runner's seem to be the Mariner's and the Giant's , and still under consideration the Padre's, Dodger's,Ranger's and Angles in the AL, and thanks to Theo~ believe it or not~ the Cubs . To still be in the running on a guy who wants the West Coast and a small organization, Theo is giving Javy competition for the El Mago title, lol.

Last edited:
Dang, Cubs/Red Sox preseason tickets were sold out immediately. I got on the website in the afternoon (after driving through the night from Houston) and they were gone. So I'll check back later to see if any weren't picked up or try for the Marlins games.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter