Check-in procedure for SWA

TimNDansMom

DIS Veteran
I'll be arriving by hotel shuttle to Buffalo Airport and want to know what to expect/do when I arrive there and best method (if there is one) for checking in at SWA. Anything NOT to do, also.

I think I'm just going have a carry-on since the weather should still be warm at the beginning of October, so won't have to bring a lot of clothes. I guess I should have info for checked luggage too, though, just in case.

What do you do for breakfast for early flights? Mine leaves at 7:20am.

Since I'm flying solo, I don't really have to worry about seat assignment do I?

Thanks!

Julie I am going back 2 years here so I might be a little foggy about a few things. Unless things have changed our shuttle dropped us off right outside the door to the ticket counter we wanted. From there we got our tickets and they took our luggage. The boarding gate for the plane was a ways away so we hopped onto a golf cart taking people to the right terminal. Once there we got our boarding passes and went to the bagel place for a little brekky. We arrived at the airport one hour ahead of time. Everthing went very smooth.

Julie when we flew with SW and out of Buffalo this past March we just used curbside check-in (and gave the guy a tip) and then from him received our "A" boarding passes.He jokingly said he'd be sure and not send our bags to Afghanistan!:eek: It was so nice using ticketless travel, as we didn't even have to show our print out of the confirmation....only gave our names and showed him our passports and that was all.

We then proceeded down to one big line up to go through security (DH was told to take his shoes off and they then x-rayed them) while I was left holding onto everything we had! Although the line up was long it moved fairly rapidly.

After passing through security we headed right ,down to SW boarding and sat and ate our Timmies muffin with a coffee. There was a little coffee shop right by where we were to board. When the time came we lined up and boarded with absolutely no problems at all. I would travel with SW again with ease as I was pleased with their staff and their airlines.:) :sunny:

Julie if there's anything else I can help you with just ring!;) :p

Thanks hockey mom and sammi! The procedure sounds fairly simple. I'm sure between now and October I'll have more questions. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter