Cheapest place to buy Vans shoes?

ajwolfe

DIS Veteran
Both my boys have Vans brand shoes on their wish lists for Christmas (Actually they want them before, but I'm making them wait lol). Ages 8 and 12 so one in youth and one in adult size. Trying to figure out the cheapest place to get them. The youngest is also wanting a pair of cowboy boots (why I have no clue) if anyone has any thoughts on that too.

Thanks!

I have 4 pairs currently and am always on the lookout for new patterns. It depends which ones they want. The classics don't really go on sale because they're always available. You might find a store or site that's not carrying them anymore, but then the sizes can be hit or miss. Try Kohls/Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Ross type places. I also got some earlier this year at Tilly's with a coupon and free shipping. Also try Famous Footwear, Zumiez, East Bay. Journeys has exclusive patterns, but sometimes you can get the non-exclusives on sale.

Famous footwear. You can get a bogo 1/2 off sale. Most times they also have coupons. I just bought my DH and DS each a pair total was around 45 with sale and coupon.

Thanks! I don't think we have a Famous Footwear super close but I'll keep my eye open next time I'm around one. Although I bet Shoe Carnival has about the same thing.

Kohls when they have 30% off and a $10 off coupon. They have those every couple of months (the $10 off ) and the 30% off it seems like every other week. I purchased my size 2 son a pair of $40 Vans for $18 I believe in August.

Edit : Just looked it up. $45 pair of Vans for $18.98 plus 6% back on Ebates!

EBAY for Van's --

Maybe for boots too -- although personally, if you have a local farm or ranch store?

I just bought DD new Van's from Shoebuy.com - they have 25% or 30% off coupons frequently, and Vans are not excluded. Rack Room is another option (but I only needed one pair) - they have buy one get one 50% off every day and sometimes additional coupons.

Kohls when they have 30% off and a $10 off coupon. They have those every couple of months (the $10 off ) and the 30% off it seems like every other week. I purchased my size 2 son a pair of $40 Vans for $18 I believe in August.

Pumpkin30 online code! 30% off! do instores pickup.

Shoebuy.com frequently has coupon codes that will work. They are currently running 30% off for Friends and Family. Always free shipping as well.

Looks for an outlet. I bought my son and I the cutest Star Wars shoes at a Vans outlet and I think I paid maybe $30 total.

I am lucky enough to have a Vans outlet store in town (all four of my kids wear them! and the outlet store has BOGO sales all the time). But we've also found good sales on Vans at our local Journeys store. They have a website and you can google promo codes for them. Free shipping at a certain pricepoint, too.

Thanks everyone!! I was thinking Vans would have been excluded from discounts at Kohl's so glad to hear they are not. Also did not realize they had outlet stores - I'll have to check our local outlets and see if there is one nearby.

absolutely the outlets are the best deal though depending on the time of year the pickings can be slim (right around school starting they get slammed). though if you purchase on the van's website they've got a tool now where you can custom design your own pair so it might be fun to make a gift certificate up for each boy that allows them to design a pair for themselves.

on the cowboy boots-if your son hasn't worn them before he may be in for a rude awakening about how long it takes to break them in for comfort-and if he's going to be going between a pair of vans and cowboy boots it may be more painful b/c vans have no arch support and in my experience w/a household of adults/kids who almost exclusively wear vans, feet tend to spread a bit over time wearing them such that going back to even a well worn pair of more structured shoes can be uncomfortable. if you are going to go ahead and get him a pair really shop around b/c they can be really expensive and it may be that by the time he gets them broken in enough he'll have outgrown them.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest