Cheap Clean Offsite Hotel w/ Shuttle Service??

klwdisney

DIS Veteran
Hi! I'm racking my brain trying to figure out how to afford a disney/universal trip this year as we are trying to buy our first home and know it'll be a while until we are able to do this again.
I think I'd be willing to stay at an off-site resort as long as it provided shuttle service to and from the park. I'm thinking that for this to be worth it, it would have to be a cheap hotel but clean.

I would like to avoid renting a car if possible to save money and figure we'll just call mears if we want to get to universal studios.

Anyway, does anyone out there have any suggestions? We have stayed off-site before at the Hyatt Orlando but that hotel costs as much as say Dixie Landings, which kinda defeats the purpose!! We'd like something that's cheaper than the All Star Resorts.

Thanks for the help!!

monalisa.gif
ffflower2.gif
mms.gif
hello.gif

9/86 - Polynesian
11/97 - Hyatt Orlando
3/99 - Dixie Landings
11/00 - All Star Movies

Comfort inn Lake Beuna Vista, is a cheaper, and somewhat clean hotel, that offers shuttle service.

Comfort Suites Maingate East is cheaper than All Star. In July I'm paying $78/night. They have free shuttle to WDW, Universal, SeaWorld, Wet'n'Wild. Also free deluxe continental breakfast. And it's new - April 2000. Lots of good reviews here. :)

hi canadian...would you happen to have a 1800 number and/or a web address for this hotel???

The down side to priceline is that since you don't know what hotel you will get, you won't know if they have a shuttle untill after you pay for the room. But it can save you lots of money!!!! We needed 2 nights after staying at HIFS for 6 nights, so we tried priceline. We ended up with a 3* hotel called SheratonWorld. It was a beautiful Resort Hotel with 3 pools. We paid $25 night!!!! I forget if you mentioned what time of year you are going, if its not a busy season you might be able to get a 4* from $40-$80. Busy season can be more. You can goto this message board to learn more about priceling bidding in the WDW area.
http://pub4.ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpediabiddingorlandowaltdisneyworld
:cool:

All Star Sports Oct 2000
HIFS & Sheraton World Feb 2001

Thank you so much for your advice! I will look into the Comfort Inn and the Comfort Suites - although the Comfort Suites is more expensive than the All Stars as I paid $66/night my last trip in Nov.2000 -- and I will also check out this Priceline thing.

Thanks!! :D

monalisa.gif
ffflower2.gif
mms.gif
hello.gif

9/86 - Polynesian
11/97 - Hyatt Orlando
3/99 - Dixie Landings
11/00 - All Star Movies

I'm sure CSME will be cheaper than ASMu. $78.is what I'm paying for July, ASMu was $99. for the same time. If you can travel at low season, you will get a lot better rate.
Be careful with Priceline - read all about it first and make sure you don't overbid and watch your dates - there's no turning back once your bid is accepted!!

You might look back at the posts about the Magic Castle. We have reservations there the beginning of June. $29.95 a night. Several posts were made saying they had stayed there in Dec and Jan (if I remember correctly) and they said it was very clean and the people were very nice. Also has free continental breakfast and according to website they have shuttle service to Epcot. I think the website is www.magicorlando.com. Sorry if that's not correct Hope this helps. :cool:

Try the Four Points Sheraton under the discount hotel section. The shuttle to Disney is clean and runs on time.

guy.gif

Barry Hom
The moderator formerly known as Barry aka usagi
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

"If you were me, you'd be good looking."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter