Charge for FP? Please say it aint so!

I wonder what you think about Universal Studio which does not even offer free express pass and price tag for these passes starts at $70 pp/pd, which is a lot! If you don't buy the passes, you have to stand in line... no other way around.

That is one of the reasons, among others, that I did not renew my UOAP.

The extra fast passes that can be purchased with a club level stay are the first step in Disney making this a perk for top tier stays, they will charge even more for the rooms and we will pay. My wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary in the garden cottages at the boardwalk and purchased the extra fast passes and were able to book all of our fast passes 90 days out and it was amazing! We were able to schedule our days exactly the way we wanted and it was worth every penny. I am looking forward to this becoming a club level perk!

I agree to a point. I think that eventually all resort guests will have the "opportunity" to purchase FP for that 3 day block. I have not seem too much backlash regarding the CL FP perk, other than folks who wish it was made available to them. I bet WDW will finally agree and say "Ask and you shall be able to purchase." Baby steps to this one but I think it will be available in the not too distant future.

I agree to a point. I think that eventually all resort guests will have the "opportunity" to purchase FP for that 3 day block. I have not seem too much backlash regarding the CL FP perk, other than folks who wish it was made available to them. I bet WDW will finally agree and say "Ask and you shall be able to purchase." Baby steps to this one but I think it will be available in the not too distant future.

I am not sure if everyone knows this. But CL FP is coming out of the regular FP pool... At first people thought CL FP comes from a different source. I verified with several CM at Disney Signature Services as I couldn't get any FP for rides that I want as I got closer to my trip. So the paid FP program is taking away the free FP+ up for grab!

I am not sure if everyone knows this. But CL FP is coming out of the regular FP pool... At first people thought CL FP comes from a different source. I verified with several CM at Disney Signature Services as I couldn't get any FP for rides that I want as I got closer to my trip. So the paid FP program is taking away the free FP+ up for grab!

I figured. The paid FP get first choice

I don't think WDW will take away the free FP+ which is the hook that Disney uses to get people excited about going to WDW. It also helps Disney to manage crowds and staff popular attractions accordingly. However, with so many new 1st tier attractions already in the park and some more in the work, paid FP+ has its charms. My family got to use it during our recent trip. We don't go to WDW often. We were there in 2016, then this year, and I don't think we will go back until 2021. We can only go during summer and the weather/crowd makes it unbearable to wait in line. So we bit the bullet and bought the CL FP+ to make sure we rode all the 1st tier rides during our trip...

I wonder what you think about Universal Studio which does not even offer free express pass and price tag for these passes starts at $70 pp/pd, which is a lot! If you don't buy the passes, you have to stand in line... no other way around.

Actually, they do. If you stay at one of their deluxe resorts, (which are usually cheaper than Disney deluxe) express pass is included.

Actually, they do. If you stay at one of their deluxe resorts, (which are usually cheaper than Disney deluxe) express pass is included.
It's nice how depending on your group size, it's just cheaper to get a room and not use it than paying for express.

Just an observation. I know they were very suprised to be charged extra for it on top of the park passes.
That's interesting that they were surprised by that. For what it's worth, I've never once felt that I remotely needed the express pass at Universal and was easily able to get everything done in 1 or 2 days. If I had 5 days, there would definitely be no reason to need it.

When the time comes when we can no longer get FP for several of the headliner attractions at Disney each day unless we cough up an extra good chunk of change per person, then we will be done. And I am afraid those days are eventually going to creep up. For a family of four for three days worth early/extra FPs right now, that is like $1800, right? I mean if they implement this game plan to guest outside of CL it could cost that much.

Wait it is $50 a day per person, I was thinking $50 per fast pass. My mind is gone.:crazy2: So for three days, $600? Still a nice chunk of change.

Last edited:
Before our very first trip to Disney in 2005, I had one year worth of research under my belt before we went. It just seemed like the common sense thing to do.

Club Level only comes with Deluxe resorts, right? We stay at PC, a value resort. Our budget covers Disney tickets, nothing left over for Universal, so we don't go. Not everyone can "bite the bullet" and pay extra, even if the option is offered. FP+ has created longer lines where there used to be no lines. I couldn't believe TTA had 1/2 hour wait when we were there, and the park was not very busy. Journey into Imagination, too! I don't want to spend $400 on a ticket and only get to ride three rides without a wait. But I guess that's the new normal.

Club Level only comes with Deluxe resorts, right? We stay at PC, a value resort. Our budget covers Disney tickets, nothing left over for Universal, so we don't go. Not everyone can "bite the bullet" and pay extra, even if the option is offered. FP+ has created longer lines where there used to be no lines. I couldn't believe TTA had 1/2 hour wait when we were there, and the park was not very busy. Journey into Imagination, too! I don't want to spend $400 on a ticket and only get to ride three rides without a wait. But I guess that's the new normal.
I hope you don't mean that you're currently only able to ride 3 rides without a wait (FP). I definitely FP waaay more than that each day.

Before our very first trip to Disney in 2005, I had one year worth of research under my belt before we went. It just seemed like the common sense thing to do.

I disagree. That is overkill. I mean, I completely understand why you did it, however for a destination to set the precedent that you need to do weeks of research prior to going on your vacation in order to enjoy your vacation...then what is the point?! Yes, I feel as though it’s always a good idea to make yourself aware of your surroundings and options when going to a new locale. However, Careful and meticulous planning have absolutely no business being referenced in the same context as vacation planning. Disney’s lazy, entitled attitude toward the American public that helped create and shape the company into the mega-empire that it is today is egregious. However, until we awaken from the sewing machine spindle pricked coma Disney has put us in and start putting our money where our mouth is, absolutely nothing will change. The bubble Disney has created for itself will burst... it’s just a matter of when.

I disagree. That is overkill. I mean, I completely understand why you did it, however for a destination to set the precedent that you need to do weeks of research prior to going on your vacation in order to enjoy your vacation...then what is the point?! Yes, I feel as though it’s always a good idea to make yourself aware of your surroundings and options when going to a new locale. However, Careful and meticulous planning have absolutely no business being referenced in the same context as vacation planning. Disney’s lazy, entitled attitude toward the American public that helped create and shape the company into the mega-empire that it is today is egregious. However, until we awaken from the sewing machine spindle pricked coma Disney has put us in and start putting our money where our mouth is, absolutely nothing will change. The bubble Disney has created for itself will burst... it’s just a matter of when.
I spend a pretty significant time researching every major vacation destination I go to. Not quite a year, but close to about 6-8 months for sure. Smaller trips are different, but when I went to Europe or the big road trip through southern California, all about the same amount of time of planning as a first time Disney trip. Not at all unusual for a big vacation IMO. Some people like to have detailed plans no matter where they go. Some people like to just go with the flow. Both options are 100% possible for every vacation, including Disney. And both can have both positive and negative outcomes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter