character dining buffet breakfast suggestions

GoCubbies

Earning My Ears
We are wanting to do a buffet breakfast where we can interact (pictures, autographs, etc) the most amount of characters as possible. We did one about 6 years ago where the characters went around to each table, but can't remember which restaurant. We saw 20+ different characters at this buffet breakfast, including Rafiki, Max, Chip & Dale, Captain Hook, Pooh, Tiger, Mickey, etc etc etc. Any suggestions for where we can see the most characters. We are going during Spring Break 2019. Thanks!

We are wanting to do a buffet breakfast where we can interact (pictures, autographs, etc) the most amount of characters as possible. We did one about 6 years ago where the characters went around to each table, but can't remember which restaurant. We saw 20+ different characters at this buffet breakfast, including Rafiki, Max, Chip & Dale, Captain Hook, Pooh, Tiger, Mickey, etc etc etc. Any suggestions for where we can see the most characters. We are going during Spring Break 2019. Thanks!
Holy cow! We've been every year for a long time and have never ever seen that many characters at one buffet!
Tusker House has Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, and Goofy.
Crystal Palace has Pooh and the gang.
There are so many character meals, it would be impossible for me to list here.
If you look on Kenny the Pirate's website, there is a comprehensive list of all the characters and where they can be found.
Happy New Year!

We planned several character breakfasts for our upcoming trip this June-July. We will have 2 of my great nieces 7 and 5 and my great nephew will be almost 2. We picked Cinderella’s royal breakfast usually 4 or 5 princesses, Tusker House to get the main characters and Hollywood and Vine Vamparina breakfast because my great nieces like her. Akerhaus had five princesses but since we are doing the castle breakfast we didn’t book it but it was good.

@GoCubbies It sounds like you're talking about the Plaza Inn character meal at Disneyland. Are you looking for Disneyland or Disney World for this trip? At Disney World You won't generally find more than 5 characters at a meal (although when I went to 1900 Park Fare for dinner, they had the 2 mice subbing in for the prince during my meal, so that was technically 6 characters). The ones that usually have 5 characters are Cinderella's Royal table, Akershus, 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickey, and Hollywood & Vine during lunch and dinner. @ConnecticutNonna Minnie isn't usually at Tusker House, just Mickey, Donald, Daisy and Goofy.

@GoCubbies It sounds like you're talking about the Plaza Inn character meal at Disneyland. Are you looking for Disneyland or Disney World for this trip? At Disney World You won't generally find more than 5 characters at a meal (although when I went to 1900 Park Fare for dinner, they had the 2 mice subbing in for the prince during my meal, so that was technically 6 characters). The ones that usually have 5 characters are Cinderella's Royal table, Akershus, 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickey, and Hollywood & Vine during lunch and dinner. @ConnecticutNonna Minnie isn't usually at Tusker House, just Mickey, Donald, Daisy and Goofy.
Omygoodness really??? She was there last March! We had a whole conversation about Mickey "putting a ring on it"! I guess because she was there that day, I assumed she was always there. I wonder what luck we must have fallen into! Sorry for the incorrect info, and thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Omygoodness really??? She was there last March! We had a whole conversation about Mickey "putting a ring on it"! I guess because she was there that day, I assumed she was always there. I wonder what luck we must have fallen into! Sorry for the incorrect info, and thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Yeah I've been to TH probably 10 times and I've never seen Minnie there. Just Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Daisy. Were any of them missing when you were there? :scratchin

Yeah I've been to TH probably 10 times and I've never seen Minnie there. Just Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Daisy. Were any of them missing when you were there? :scratchin
I would have to think about it, I'm pretty sure they were all there. I specifically remember Minnie because of the convo. Hmmm...…….

I just looked at character dining opportunities on Kenny the Pirates website.... it hasn't been updated since 2017. A lot of changes since then. I'd encourage you to look at Disney's web site instead and choose character events based on the variety of characters, meal and cost.

I just looked at character dining opportunities on Kenny the Pirates website.... it hasn't been updated since 2017. A lot of changes since then. I'd encourage you to look at Disney's web site instead and choose character events based on the variety of characters, meal and cost.
Kenny consistently is in the parks and his list is updated for the week of December 30 - January 5....
Seriously the absolute best information about characters there is.
Not sure why you think it's old info. I believe you have to be a "member" to access the info.

Last edited:
I think that character meals should be booked for the main characters you woudl like to meet.

Princesses? I like breakfast at Akershus.

The classics? I always book Chef Mickey.

Chip and Dale? Head over to Garden Grill.

Stitch? 'Ohana.

Pooh and the gang? Break that one down. Do I want Alice or Piglet? 1900 Park Fare for teh former and Crystal Palace for the latter.

Grumpy and Dopey? That means a trip to ARtist Point Storybook Dining.

Rapunzel and Flynn? Al Forno.

The Tremaine Family? 1900 Park Fair dinner

Donald and Daisy? Minnie's Seasonal Dine in DHS.

I do not book for the "biggest bang for my character buck" because if I have no tinterest in several of them, quantity does not matter. These meals are expensive, so book to meet your favorites, and consider anyone else who shows up a bonus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter