Character CM's--Letters of Appreciation

PKK/MJK

DIS Veteran
Hi!

I posted this on the CB, but wanted to mention it here too!

A few weeks ago I started a thread about CM appreciation letters. I mentioned that the Characters--both the face characters like Cinderella and the fur characters like Mickey --rarely get letters because guests don't know the "real" name of person in the costume. I mentioned that these characters are thrilled when a letter is written to WDW about them--and that the information does get through to them. Well, today was proof!!!!! Our DD, who many of you know is Snow White, was called aside by a Manager and told there was an article about her in the current issue of the "Main Street ?????" (can't remember the rest of it--it is a CM paper, I believe). Someone had written a wonderful letter praising the experience her DD had with Snow White on Valentine's Day. The lady included the park (MK), and the time of day and the location--and from that, the "powers that be" were able to determine it was my DD. The letter was printed in this paper and was followed by praise for SW. It said that when CM's are feeling that their job is not making a difference, they should re-read this letter. Our DD said she cried when she read the letter--she was soooooo thrilled!! Now the article is posted on the wall in the tunnels somewhere with CONGRATULATIONS written on it!! Kate was told she will receive the actual letter and something special!!! I cannot tell you how happy she was!! So, these letters do get through--although it takes a few weeks!. If a CM does something special for you and you are able --please write a note or stop at City Hall and tell about it. It means sooo much to the CM's. And if the person who sent this letter about my DD is a DISer, THANK YOU so much!!!! You "made" my DD's day!!

That is wonderful MaryJo!!! She must be elated to say the least.

I would like to write a letter as well about a CM that did something very special for us. Can you tell me what the best way is to send the letter? E-mail or snail mail (and an address if snail mail)?

Thanks!!

here's the snail mail address:

<CHARACTER'S NAME>
c/o <park/resort you saw that character at w/ the word 'Entertainment' after it>
Walt Disney World
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

here's are 2 examples:

Snow White
c/o Magic Kingdom Entertainment
Walt Disney World
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

OR

Tigger
c/o Grand Floridian Resort Entertainment
Walt Disney World
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830.

now for the other thing I was going to say..

WDW will find the performer from the day, PROVIDED, you include the time/date/location of the encounter (as much information as you can) and make sure they receive the letter and anything else you want to add. It will also be added to their personnel file.

What a fabulous idea! We had a wonderful experience with the Mad Hatter at 1900 Park Fare character breakfast in February. I wrote a long e-mail letter to guest relations and never even thought of including him because I didn't know his name.

Wonder if they like copies of pictures?

Hi!

We are recently back from WDW and have several letters to write to offer CM commendations so I was looking for info on this and came across this thread.

Is your daughter also Snow White at the Cindy's Royal Table character breakfast? We didn't see her in the park but at the breakfast and I can't tell you enough just how great she was. I've commented to several people about how well she played her role, same mannerisms as the movie Snow White and she kissed my 5 yr old DS on the cheek just like SW kisses one of the dwarfs!

I'd love to know if this SW was your daughter and I will be writing some letters. We had an excellent time.

Thank you!

MaryJo ,that's Great!! I really like reading the treds on these boards. I am a CastMember @ The Disney Store, we are also don't hear much praise. It's really nice to read about someone being praised for doing what they reallylove to do. Keep it up!!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter