Chance to travel- where would you go?

I studied abroad a semester in college, and we toured all over Europe. Some of my favorites were
France, Switzerland, Greece, and Italy.

I think Italy and France are in a tie. I'd like to see Rome, Venice, Paris and Normandy (family tree goes back to the 1500's there).

I've been blessed to see a lot of the world and Japan is still my favorite place. Tokyo is just mind blowing awesome!! Kyoto is beautiful. The culture and people are special. Food is epic.

We're going to London in May, and we're very excited--it'll be our first trip there. Looking at our trip, there's so much of Britain we'd love to see but we're not going to have time. And Scotland, and Ireland. Those will have to be subsequent trips.

As a history lover and former Latin student I'd love to see Rome. DW wants to see the Amalfi Coast and Tuscany, so there's another 2-3 trips. :D

One of the things I'd love to do is walk the Camino de Santiago in France and Spain. But I'll probably not have the time to do it until I retire, and I hope to be in good enough health to do it at that point.

My list is:

Germany, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Norway, Finland, Iceland, and UK. I don't really have any interest in any of them outside of that. Maybe Spain or Andorra..

Honestly I don't know. The world is vast and I've explored very little of it.

Bermuda is beautiful and the air quality amazing... but I fear it's a tad dull. Go there to retox.

Also good for retox are the Maldives. Expensive to get to but cheap when you're there. No quick exit though. Probably will leave it for a while lest I get too used to the way of life!

America goes without saying, except it is vast I've only gone to Florida! Disney and of course Universal have a special place and feel, especially EPCOT (heck, if I didn't like WDW I wouldn't be on here, right?)

I have relatives in Paris so I have had the luxury of an insider tour of the Beautiful City and it always blows me away. History and cutting edge modernism feature largely. And of course there's Disneyland Paris. Call it WDW Lite. Not quite the same edge, but sweet nonetheless.

London is on my doorstep and I do like it I swear, but I fear I've grown complacent.

Spain has it's own style, especially a little bit of land called The Strip adjacent to a holiday complex called La Manga Club. For Tennis and Golf it is AMAZING! The area is it's own microhabitat and has to be seen to be believed. I will be paying there a spa break later in the year.

Finally, Venice. They have a saying, "See Venice and Die" and that is SO true. It is BEAUTIFUL! Expensive too. Thankfully the sewage problem has been eradicated and the place is spick and span. I plan to visit this year.

I would love to explore more of Italy and Europe in general. I have no excuse not to - flights in Europe are so cheap (flash a tenner and Ryan Air will fly you from London to Rome and back! Maybe an exaggeration...)

With my husband working overseas I will have the chance to meet him abroad once or twice (maybe 3 times) a year for a vacation. I have only been to Canada outside of the states, so this is very exciting to me. Where would you go? Anywhere you would avoid?
I'd probably go pretty much anywhere. Well, maybe not Cuba. Or Mexico currently. Iraq... Iran... Afghanistan...

I guess I'd have to ask where is he going "overseas" and use that as a base, maybe.

I'd probably go pretty much anywhere. Well, maybe not Cuba. Or Mexico currently. Iraq... Iran... Afghanistan...

I guess I'd have to ask where is he going "overseas" and use that as a base, maybe.

He is in the middle East... Using it as a base is not an option. We will have to meet somewhere. I am loving the suggestions. Wondering if anyone here has done a Mediterranean cruise.

That is such an exciting opportunity! My grandma on my mom's side is from Scotland and I always wanted to go there, I especially want to see Hadrian's Wall. A friend and I were planning a dream trip to Iceland (dream trip because we could only afford it in our dreams :) ) and it just seems like such a cool place to visit so that would be my second choice. Disneyland Paris is number 3, and Japan is number 4.

I’d love to see London. Plus they speak English, and even though they have a different dialect, at least you wouldn’t have to learn a new language.

I’ve seen pictures of Luxembourg, and have heard some folks talk about how beautiful it is. I think it also has castles.

I think I’d also like to visit Italy and Germany.

I’ve heard Cuba has some absolutely beautiful beaches, but I’m like you, don’t know if I’d go there.

DH and I just had this conversation. We've done lots of east cost trips, from Canada to the Caribbean. So if we could expand, here are our top places on the bucket list...
Ireland
England
Norway
Germany
Hawaii (yes US but I want to go here)
Top 4 are where our ancestry is mostly from. And Hawaii....that's my dream place but I HATE to fly.

There are many places we'd avoid.

Last edited:
I've done a lot of traveling in Europe, North and South America.

I have no desire to go anywhere in the middle east.

Israel, Australia, and China are on my bucket list.

I would love to do an Antarctica cruise someday.... I'm just not sure I could find anyone in my family to go with me.

He is in the middle East... Using it as a base is not an option. We will have to meet somewhere. I am loving the suggestions. Wondering if anyone here has done a Mediterranean cruise.
Weve done many med cruises. They are a great way to sample lots of places and see where you might like to go back to fir a longer trip. Sort of like the travel version of wine tasting.

Personally I like Royal Caribbean for med cruises, especially the smaller ships. Or celebrity. Royal has a more international passenger base which I appreciate when traveling and wanting experience beyond my home culture.
There are so.e very good prices to be found . Especially in the fall

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter