Chaco sandals

MBeds

<font color=FF99FF>A mini-tag is better than no ta
hi, i noticed a few people mentioned Chaco sandals and was doing some research on them....i noticed there are a couple of styles....what are the differences in the styles please? and are they worth the money? thanks alot in advance...MBeds

Hmm not to sure about Chaco but i know burkenstocks (i think that is how you spell it) makes a great and super comfortable sandle. check them out

Hey there!

I have the Chacos - the Z2 with the Colorado sole. The Z-2 has a loop that wraps around the big toe - something that doesn't bother me at all. The Z1 just wraps around the upper part of the foot. They took a little getting used too - they way they adjust.

I chose the Colorado sole after trying on both the Terreno sole and Colorado, and for my flatter feet the Colorado was much better. The Terreno is thicker and stiffer - if you have high arches, I think they'd be great, because they have great support.

I wore mine at Disney - the first day of wearing them that long - and they were a little tough on my feet. As I said - my feet are flat, and wear the arch is got a little sore. But - I have worn them since with no problems. I think they are great.

PS - I got them wet at Disney and the dried in minutes.

Good luck finding the perfect sandal!!!!

I have the Chaco Z1/Colorado Sandals(in Eden--a pretty blue/green). I've previously owned three pairs of Tevas (classic/original, Terradactyl and Terra Fi), pand a pair of Birkenstocks (Arizona-the kind without a backstrap). I can't stand anything wrapping around my big toe, so I got the Z1's instead of the Z2's, and they're incredibly stable.

The Chaco's are my favorites ever-- the unique strapping system they use holds that puppy on there no matter what, and since there's no velcro, it won't slip at all even after being wet for hours (a problem I had with my Tevas). Instead of using multiple straps, the Chaco's only have one long strap that makes each section completely adjustable without having to add a lot of bulk for buckles, velcro, etc.

One of the problems I had with the Tevas was they took a long time to dry and in the meantime the straps and rubber bottoms would rub my foot, plus my foot would slide around on the sandal slightly. I've had the Chacos on in a creek, a lake and a pool and they've done great--they dry fast and hold my foot still.

Best of all, I can wear them for long periods of walking without aggravating my back pain, which both the Tevas and Birkenstocks tend to do.

I did look at the Straprunners at the Nike outlet before I got the Chacos, and I liked them a lot--if I hadn't liked the Chacos so much when I tried them on, I'd've gone back for the Straprunners. But I had a big ol' dividend certificate for REI burning a hole in my pocket... :)

Whew! I can go on about stuff all day...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter