Celebrity Big Brother renewed for a second season

lorimay

Strolling along...
Who's in?
Article from: Digital Spy

It's only taken 18 years, but the US is finally getting its own Celebrity Big Brother.

The American version of the UK's longest-running reality obsession has been picked by network CBS to go head-to-head with rival NBC's Winter Olympics coverage next year.

CBS has slotted the series premiere of Celebrity Big Brother US for Wednesday, February 7, getting a jump on that Friday's (February 9) Olympics opening ceremony from PyeongChang.

Celebrity Big Brother US will be airing for 13 nights over two weeks, mirroring the nightly format that the UK version of the show has used for going on two decades. The US finale is set to air on Sunday, February 25.

gallery_bb-usa-recap-us-tv.jpg

© CBS LISETTE M. AZAR
No line-up has been set yet, but the latest rumours have Jersey Shore's Sammi Sweetheart, Made in Chelsea's Stephanie Pratt and even Blac Chyna in talks with CBS about joining the show.

Presenter Julie Chen recently indicated that there could be future seasons of Celebrity Big Brother US if the show fares well in the ratings against the Olympics.

As for that rumoured celebrity line-up, Julie recently admitted: "We're being realistic. It's not going to be all Oscar winners.

"But maybe we'll have someone who won an Oscar decades ago. Whoever casts Dancing with the Stars does an amazing job. They don't always get all household names, but some people kind of reinvent themselves and suddenly I see that person all over the tabloids.

gallery-1485898220-kim1.jpg

© CHANNEL 5
"Sometimes these types of shows, like in the UK [version], some of the washed-up names that went into it got a new lease of life. And the big names that went in, it was a little bit too up close and personal. Those people did themselves in with letting the public see who they really are."

In the UK, Channel 4 aired the very first Celebrity Big Brother all the way back in the spring of 2001. That series culminated with comedian Jack Dee being crowned the winner.

Here's the schedule for the 13 nights: Looks like its going to be short and sweet.

Wednesday, February 7, from 8 to 9 p.m.
Thursday, February 8, from 8 to 9 p.m.
Friday, February 9, from 8 to 10 p.m.
Sunday, February 11, from 8 to 9 p.m.
Monday, February 12, from 8 to 9 p.m.
Wednesday, February 14, from 8 to 9 p.m.
Friday, February 16, from 8 to 10 p.m.
Sunday, February 18, from 8 to 9 p.m.
Monday, February 19, from 8 to 9 p.m.
Wednesday, February 21, from 8 to 9 p.m.
Friday, February 23, from 8 to 10 p.m.
Saturday, February 24, from 8 to 9 p.m.
Sunday, February 25, from 8 to 10 p.m.

Like the original Big Brother, the concentrated celebrity run will feature the series’ signature Head of Household and Power of Veto competitions, as well as live evictions.

No interest at all - passing on the F list semi celebs who make tours of all the lowest reality shows.

I'm in. I agree with Mizzoufan. I hate that they put it up against the Olympics. I hope I don't moan and groan as much as I did this summer. I just want a fun show to watch. I am not a Jersey Shore fan ( I never watched one episode.). I hope it isn't "celebrities" from shows like that as I don't see them as "celebrities".

I’m so excited to have something to watch. There’s never a good option during the olympics. I never even bother turnin on the tv.

I will watch the Olympics and wait for just regular BB in the summer.

It'll depend on the celebrities. I love the Olympics and watch a lot of that. I might tape this series and watch when I have time.

With today's DVR's, it's easy to tape it and watch later. Personally, I have no interest in watching "reality" type C/D "celebs".

I’m waiting to see who they sign up for this before I decide to watch it. There’s a rumor/some speculation Sami from Jersey Shore might be one of the houseguests.

I'll watch. Even if I dvr it so I can watch the Olympics.

I am going to DVR it also, I hate all the commercials so I usually DVR most shows. But we will watch the Olympics most evenings as it plays commercials and all.:scared1:

It should be fun to watch, but I like that Big Brother is just "regular" people. I think that is part of the fun to see their personalities develop. I'll still watch but in the summer it better be regular people.

I also like to watch a lot of the winter games, but I'll just DVR them and watch BB live. I'm pretty shocked they would go against the Olympics. It's like they want it to fail so they won't be asked to do Celeb BB again. I'm sure Julie doesn't enjoy the pay cut.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!