CCV Owners waitlisting strategy

DarthDadMan

Earning My Ears
New CCV owner here. I was an AKV owner before, so obviously never had an issue securing a stay 7+ months out. Well here I am, our schedule changed 8 months out from our October stay, and I had to change weeks. I've got 4 of our 7 nights secured at CCV (studio/walk in shower). We really want to stay at CCV in October. I've got 2 waitlists in for separate nights. Once one of those comes through, Id try for the 3rd night. If I had those waitlists in at any other resort or any other time period at CCV, I wouldnt be nervous, however, it's October. I dont want to spend the next 6 months stalking to piece together the rest of our trip, so I'm leaning towards moving to another resort at 7 months.

So, my question, for CCV owners who travel in the fall. In your experience, whats the likelyhood these October nights free up for a waitlist? Would you play the stalking game or just move at 7 months and be done with it?

Tough one. I own at CCV and much of October has been booked for a while now and I haven’t seen much availability pop back up. That said, if your waitlists are just for 1 night each I would say the chances are better. Can you book the nights you don’t have at another resort, and change the waitlist to specify that it should replace nights if it comes through? At least that way you have something, although may end up with a split stay if it doesn’t come through.

New CCV owner here. I was an AKV owner before, so obviously never had an issue securing a stay 7+ months out. Well here I am, our schedule changed 8 months out from our October stay, and I had to change weeks. I've got 4 of our 7 nights secured at CCV (studio/walk in shower). We really want to stay at CCV in October. I've got 2 waitlists in for separate nights. Once one of those comes through, Id try for the 3rd night. If I had those waitlists in at any other resort or any other time period at CCV, I wouldnt be nervous, however, it's October. I dont want to spend the next 6 months stalking to piece together the rest of our trip, so I'm leaning towards moving to another resort at 7 months.

So, my question, for CCV owners who travel in the fall. In your experience, whats the likelyhood these October nights free up for a waitlist? Would you play the stalking game or just move at 7 months and be done with it?
I've had better luck stalking than the waitlist. I keep my waitlist active and just check several times a day. I think since you have 4 nights already, you should be able to pick up the other 3. Sometimes I'll book a studio at 11 months and switch to a 1br right at 7 months if I'm short on CCV points. Then the studio week is up for grabs right at 7 months.

We’ve only just bought CCV, too, and I’ve been trying to get a 5-6 night stay in the first 2 weeks of December booked for the last month. I agree with the previous poster and I’ve been able to get most of my nights through stalking. I only need 1 more night at this point so I’ve waitlisted that, of course and I constantly stalk. I feel like if it’s only a night or two the odds are in our favor especially as we get close to the 7mo mark where plenty of owners start wanting to move around or doing split stays. We purchased CCV for our fall/Christmas stays so it’s definitely worth it for us to wait and keep stalking but I understand if you don’t want to stress about it and just book somewhere else.

Thank you all for your input. Yeah, I'll just book whatever's available and stalk the waitlisted nights, and trust they come through.

We’ve only just bought CCV, too, and I’ve been trying to get a 5-6 night stay in the first 2 weeks of December booked for the last month. I agree with the previous poster and I’ve been able to get most of my nights through stalking. I only need 1 more night at this point so I’ve waitlisted that, of course and I constantly stalk. I feel like if it’s only a night or two the odds are in our favor especially as we get close to the 7mo mark where plenty of owners start wanting to move around or doing split stays. We purchased CCV for our fall/Christmas stays so it’s definitely worth it for us to wait and keep stalking but I understand if you don’t want to stress about it and just book somewhere else.
How often do you stalk the site? I've not gotten my points loaded yet, but i have stalked Fort Wilderness campsites for Halloween and Thanksgiving, which can be massively time-consuming, so wondering how often you check for CCV?

How often do you stalk the site? I've not gotten my points loaded yet, but i have stalked Fort Wilderness campsites for Halloween and Thanksgiving, which can be massively time-consuming, so wondering how often you check for CCV?
Anytime I remember really. Probably 4-5x a day. It’s only a few minutes to check. When I needed more nights I definitely checked like 20x a day lol but now I’m just hoping the waitlist for one night does its job and I check sporadically through the day in case. It’s definitely a bit of work but I am trying to go during the most popular 2 weeks of the year for CCV owners and I started nearly a month later than everyone else so I knew it would require a lot of effort. That being said, this far out I’m not too stressed.

Anytime I remember really. Probably 4-5x a day. It’s only a few minutes to check. When I needed more nights I definitely checked like 20x a day lol but now I’m just hoping the waitlist for one night does its job and I check sporadically through the day in case. It’s definitely a bit of work but I am trying to go during the most popular 2 weeks of the year for CCV owners and I started nearly a month later than everyone else so I knew it would require a lot of effort. That being said, this far out I’m not too stressed.
Thanks! This is why I bought SAP, I’m hoping to piece together trips at hard to get times b/c I’m not stressing about it and don’t mind putting in a little time. Things always pop up in my experience. I rarely even book dining until day of b/c people drop so much last minute.

Thanks! This is why I bought SAP, I’m hoping to piece together trips at hard to get times b/c I’m not stressing about it and don’t mind putting in a little time. Things always pop up in my experience. I rarely even book dining until day of b/c people drop so much last minute.
And my last night just came through the waitlist! :banana:

ETA: Just for future reference it’s taken me about a month to string together 6 nights in a studio with walk-in shower in early December (starting at ~10mo window)

ETA: Just for future reference it’s taken me about a month to string together 6 nights in a studio with walk-in shower in early December (starting at ~10mo window)
That's awesome! By the time i get my points loaded it will probably be close to the 7 month window for some busy times so I can't wait to see what we can get!

That’s some committed stalking / waitlisting there! Congrats!

That’s some committed stalking / waitlisting there! Congrats!
Haha I knew I was up for a challenge. But in fairness, I got most of the nights I wanted within a few days/maybe a week of looking. It was just 1 stubborn Tuesday night that wouldn’t open up for a few weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter