Catagorys of state room help...

Empire Day

strummin' my six string, thinkin' 'bout Disney!!!
HI everyone heres the help I need; we just returned from our first cruise cat6 I am working on booking our next trip DEC 4 for a short Mom and Dad get away I can't seem to find our passporter and want to know what the diffrence is in a Cat7 room? compared to a 6
We both smoke and I spent alot of early mornings and late nights on the veranda is the cat7 the same? can you smoke :( on it?
will we feel closed in in a cat12-11-10-9-8???
I am trying to make this one a little less costly than our last.
Thanks

yes, you can smoke on the verandahs. A cat seven is more of an enclosed verandah, put most of the comments i have seen about folks who had one of these really liked them. A cat six is not enclosed.

if you go to Barb's web site, i believe she has pictures out there of these cabin types.

www.castawayclub.com

Hi Empire Day.

will we feel closed in in a cat12-11-10-9-8???

I don't smoke nor have I stayed in a cabin without a verandah (some qualifications to post a reply, huh?). Other than a private verandah, where does one go to smoke? To spend a lot of money - even for a "lesser" category - simply to be inconvenienced does not hold the allure of a relaxing vacation. Just a thought...

Disney recently down graded, some cat 6 rooms to cat 7 they have the open verandah , go to www.castawayclub.com or www.dcltribute.com to view these cabin locations..

we stayyed in one it was 7620 it has a slight obstruction witch u will see in the pictures at those site would try for one of these staterooms and safe yourself a couple of bucks in cat 7 instead of cat 6.... peter

Wow 7120 &7160 look cool, you could relive your childhood it looks like a fort! I think I'll try for one of those if not I can always stroll up to the open deck or one of the lounges for my habbit!
Well I guess it all will be decided on my buget anyway! I am just so spoild now how can I even think of a stateroom without a veranda:teeth:

I am so glad you guys had a good time, Rich! Did you do any excursions? How was the weather?
We're going in a few months.

No excursions we just relaxed! We did alot on board Karaoke, Bingo (didn't) win!, Cadilac longe was really the place for us but we always seemed to get paged when we went! everything was incredible you guys will have a blast! we wish you had came along we met a lot of other couples that had kids that came as groups of 3 familys the kids all knew each other and the adults got to have adult time more easily! read my trip reports Here:http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=377255and http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=378366

This will be all 7-8 days including the land portion. if you have any ?'s ask!!!

I WANT TO LIVE IN THE BAHAMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im sorry I missed it, for the simple fact that you and DW did Karaoke!
I bet you both rocked!
I read both of your reviews..cant wait to see the rest!

Did DW get to do the cabana massage at Cataway Cay? She was really looking forward to that.

No DW picked the pedicure! (after 1 world 4 parks in 3 3/4 days she needed it!) I gave here a massage :smooth:
Redhead1: Orlando was 95 and almost 100% humidity!! but out at sea and at all the ports it was in the 80's with a nice breeze most of the time :D It will probably be a bit hoter when you go though
Hope to see you all soon...
I'll send you a link to our pictures (so fay there is 194 posted out of 400! )

What a sweet picture!
Id love to see your pictures!
I can also make some copies of them for ya (photo printer), if youd like.

Im sure the weather will be great when we go. We're doing a Western Caribbean 7 night cruise (after a few days a Disney).

If you can't get the category 7, or if you want to save a lot of money....You could book a category 11 at the back end of deck 7. There is a public deck off the back that is usually pretty empty. It wouldn't be a verandah off your room, but it would be pretty convenient if cost or availability are an issue.

I quit smoking eleven years ago, I was up to a pack and a half a day. What I did was every day I put aside the amount of money I would have spent on cigerettes (even though it was killing me because I REALLY wanted to smoke not put the money in the jar) after a year I had enough for a nice little vacation- now with what cigerettes cost today vs. then if you did what I did you could pay for a cat. 11 and use the quit smoking jar to upgrade "for free" to a nice veranda and would be healthier too for that adorable son of yours!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter