Car Seats

Tinker_Belle

DIS Veteran
What are the car seat requirements for flying and in using Disney transportation? My daughter is 3 and about 40" tall. I don't remember seeing car seats anywhere, but I don't want to need one and not have it. (Sorry to admit I'd never really paid attention to other little ones on previous trips.)

You don't need it. It is not required on the plane and cannot be used on magic express or park buses.

This is a big part of the reason we went to Disney with little kids. It was much easier to travel without lugging a car seat.

Edited to add: the above assumes you are not renting a car and just planning to use Disney transportation.

If she's squirmy, you might want to look into a CARES harness, it will turn the lap belt into a 5 pt harness.

ETA: Although it depends on how much she weighs...Looks like she's bumping up against the max height for it.

Last edited:

Thank you! It almost seems too good to be true! ;-)
just remember you will not be allowed to hold her on take off and landing even if she is crying and upset she will have to remain seated and belted. granted we drove we had a very upset 4.5 year old when we left and she had to leave the buses at Disney and ride in car home. buses were one of her favorite rides

If she's squirmy, you might want to look into a CARES harness, it will turn the lap belt into a 5 pt harness.

ETA: Although it depends on how much she weighs...Looks like she's bumping up against the max height for it.

She's at 39" now, so cutting it close for the harness in August. thanks though.

just remember you will not be allowed to hold her on take off and landing even if she is crying and upset she will have to remain seated and belted. granted we drove we had a very upset 4.5 year old when we left and she had to leave the buses at Disney and ride in car home. buses were one of her favorite rides

Good point. Take off and landing will probably be hard, without her regular car seat. Hopefully she'll be ok just holding my hand.

We used car seats on the airplane until the kids were about 4 or 5 years old. They didn't fit well into the plane's lap belt and it made the ride WAY more comfortable for them, and us.

It is super easy to take the seat through the airport using a collapsible luggage cart or a Traveling Toddler (straps the car seat to a rolling carry on), and once you arrive all you have to do is put it under the DME and then leave it in bottom of your "closet" until you reverse it all to go home.

Some great flying w/ car seats resources can be found at the Car Seat Blog. The bottom of the article has additional links to other entries with tips on flying w/ kids and seats.

(FWIW, I was a volunteer child passenger safety technician for 14 years before "retiring" last year.)

I think you’ll find this article helpful- https://csftl.org/disney-trips-car-seats/ . Three year olds still need their car seats on the plane. It’s annoying to have to lug it just to use on the plane and then store at Disney but it’s still the safest way for kiddo to fly. I’m so looking forward to no car seats on our next trip, since my youngest will be 5 1/2 and big enough/mature enough for the plane’s seatbelt.

What are the car seat requirements for flying and in using Disney transportation? My daughter is 3 and about 40" tall. I don't remember seeing car seats anywhere, but I don't want to need one and not have it. (Sorry to admit I'd never really paid attention to other little ones on previous trips.)

Not required on the plane (but smart to use and nice to have, in my opinion).

Not allowed on Disney Transport (except Minnie Vans, and they provide the seats).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter