Car Ride Conversation Topic

lovewdwfun

Mouseketeer
We are planning on a 20+ hour car trip with the four kids. I am making a list of conversation topics about Disney and vacations to engage my kids. I would love some ideas. Here are some of the ones I have so far:

- Favorite underrated Disney attraction
- Create your own Disney restaurant and tell us about it
- Creatr your own Disney hotel and tell us about it
- Which out of country Disney Park would you most like to visit and why?
- Top 5 Disney snacks
- Pick one restaurant a tour each park to never go to again
- If you had 50,000 to spend on a Disney vacation, what would you do with it?

Least favorite overrated attraction

If you could only ride one ride/attraction at each park which would it be?

Which rides cast member uniform do you like best?

You could do some "school" stuff too - but make it fun - quiz them on states, multiplication tables, spelling, but do it for prizes or something. My kids learned a lot of math facts and spelling words during our long car rides! They could win Uno cards, playing cards, puzzle pieces (to do later on, etc) and then they could play a card game or do a puzzle at the hotel.

We play a game. When it is your turn you think of a Disney character. Others take turns asking only yes/no questions, trying to guess the character. (Are you an animal? Are you a villain?) Big bragging rights to thinking of a character no one can guess

My family loves 20 questions WDW style! It's really simple. One player thinks of a place in WDW such as something as general as Pop Century the hotel, or something as specific as the playground area by Splash Mountain's que. You can create your own rules, but the main objective is to have the other players guess the location in 20 questions or the first player wins.
Another game you can play is a sort of story line game. So you go around in a circle and each player says 1 word to create a story. You can make this WDW style by being as general or specific as you like (e.g a story about a full day at MK, a story about a dining experience at BOG).
EX:
Player 1-"One"
Player 2- "day"
Player 3-"there"
Player 4-"was"
....and so on and so forth till you finish sentences. You choose how long the story is.

My kids really like listening to Disney podcasts- maybe find one you think your family would like, listen to it and pause to share your own opinions and thoughts. They definitely make car rides go faster!

We play a game. When it is your turn you think of a Disney character. Others take turns asking only yes/no questions, trying to guess the character. (Are you an animal? Are you a villain?) Big bragging rights to thinking of a character no one can guess
I loved doing this when I was younger and it does not have to be just disney related

We do this thing called "____ Bee" that that I first heard of at my School of Rock when we played Beatles Bee. We started out with a group of around 10 of us and we would go down the line naming Beatles tunes. If you couldn't name a song in 10 seconds or repeated a song already said, you got out. Last person in wins. My family now does with with Disney movies, attractions, restaurants, characters, etc!

Wow you can get your kids to talk on trips. You are my hero. The 8 year old had me buy her 10 books last week at the school book fair for the trip. She will take her phone, and tablet and headset. We have a 20 hour + drive from Kansas City to Daytona Beach (always stop there on the way to Disney) and if I don't look back and check you would never know the Harry Potter fan is in the car. The 17 year old will stay on her phone the whole drive getting her phone time in (once at Disney no phones, my rule).

What country would you like added to the WS?
What kind of new ride would you like to see and where-(movie/theme, style of ride, how would it fit in with location)?
If you could make your own Disney movie, what would it be about? Would you re-create a classic story or do something totally new?
Have them draw Disney characters/create new characters

We “walk” through the parks as we wre driving, describing the shops, restaurants, and attractions as we go.

We play the ABC game as we drive (find words outside the car that start with the appropriate letter... license plates are acceptable for those tough letters).

We play Disney Character ABC’s.

We pick our favorite ___ for each park, the resorts, and Disney Springs.

There’s also the license plate game where you “collect” the states. Hawaii and Alaska are tough, but possible in places that are big tourist draws like WDW, the Grand Canyon, etc.

And here’s one that comes in handy... one person names an attraction, the second person tells where the closest bathroom is!

We sometimes play two versions of the alphabet game...
The first is version is starting with the letter A you say “I’m going to Disney (or wherever) and I’m packing aspirin (or whatever you can think of that start with the letter A. The next person does B but also has to repeat what the person prior “packed” and it keeps building for the entire aplphabet.

The second version starts with A and you say “My name is Alice my husbands name is Arthur, we come from Alabama, and we sell Apples...or whatever names/places/th8 gs to sell you come up with for your letter. You could try to use all Disney names to make it more themed.

Kingdom Keepers audiobooks are a great option.

We like to play Disney/theme park trivia (OK to throw in Universal as well for us); it takes a bit of thinking to come up with good questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!