Car rental locations for WDW...

Hi everybody!
How early should I do the reservation of my car for my week in Orlando?

Hi everybody!
How early should I do the reservation of my car for my week in Orlando?
I would recommend ASAP .. you can set up a reservation and then keep an eye out for discounts, make a new one and then cancel the original. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

Look further down the board for threads specific to the month you're going to find codes and discounts!

Which car rental co. is the closest to All Star Music?

I would recommend ASAP .. you can set up a reservation and then keep an eye out for discounts, make a new one and then cancel the original. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

Look further down the board for threads specific to the month you're going to find codes and discounts!

Done! Thanks!

The closest agencies are National/Alamo at the Dolphin. Avis/Budget and Hertz on 192 are closer by the crow flies but father by taxi/uber.

I'm not sure how the rates compare since I always rent using my Airmiles, but there's the Car Care Center on-site and they will send a shuttle to pick you up at either your resort or any of the theme parks. Super convenient!

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question. But we're flying Southwest into OIA and renting a car through Alamo. I know our flight will arrive on the A side. But what side is the Alamo car rental booth on? Also, how long should we give to get from OIA to Contemporary? Finally, to get from OIA to Contemporary, should we take the North exit or South exit out of OIA? Lots of questions. Sorry about that. This is the first time we've rented a car when doing a WDW trip.

Alamo has offices on both sides of MCO. Just go to the side (A) that Southwest arrives on.

how long should we give to get from OIA to Contemporary?
About 40 minutes actual drive time once you leave the garage. Its probably actually a bit less than that.

to get from OIA to Contemporary, should we take the North exit or South exit out of OIA?
Either one will work for you. Many prefer the South route because its less likely to have traffic issues. The North route includes a section of I-4 that many prefer to avoid.

Good morning. I'm wondering if any of you have experience renting through SIXT. I'm looking at a very decent offer, of less than $300 for an entire week starting 5 November. It's at their Sheraton/Lake Buena Vista property for a Mercedes SUV, which includes collision damage waiver, and is only $25 more than the full size I have reserved at Alamo. I've used Alamo and have no complaints, but I can get a larger, nicer vehicle for pretty much a wash in terms of cost. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Google and Yelp reviews are mixed.

Can anyone give feedback on renting from Sixt in Orlando? good, bad, quality of service, cars etc? thank you

Quick question: If I choose the Pay Now option for Alamo is it refundable if we need to cancel?

Quick question: If I choose the Pay Now option for Alamo is it refundable if we need to cancel?
According to Alamo:
Pay Now reservations cannot be modified, changed or canceled online, you must call 800 GO ALAMO. ... Method of Payment cannot be changed after Confirmation of this reservation. Cancellation Fee - If the reservation is canceled more than 24 hours before the pick-up time, a $5 cancellation fee will be assessed.

When you return your car to Alamo at Car Care Center, do they only take back to resort or is there an option for Transportation Center or a park? Curious about timeframe too. Do they wait to fill a shuttle or do they leave rather quickly? Any input from experience is welcome.

When you return your car to Alamo at Car Care Center, do they only take back to resort or is there an option for Transportation Center or a park? Curious about timeframe too. Do they wait to fill a shuttle or do they leave rather quickly? Any input from experience is welcome.
They will take you to any resort, theme park or Disney Springs. The shuttle usually leaves as soon as you are ready, never waited more than 5 minutes. Only once were there other people in the shuttle because they got there right after we did and were heading to the same place. We've gone & been picked up at EPCOT, gone to AK and multiple resorts (rarely the one we are actually staying at BTW) Super easy process, don't even need to go into the building there are people wandering around who complete the paperwork.

Which car rental would be the easiest from Caribbean Beach Resort? Just looking for a one day rental.
Depends on what you mean by 'easiest'. The Dolphin is the closest to CBR...you can take a cab there fairly cheaply. Or, bus to DHS and then boat or walk to Dolphin. That would be Alamo/National rentals.
There are other rental counters in the DS resorts....for instance, Budget is at the Doubletree. I believe you can call and ask to be picked up and taken to the hotel, then you can ask to be dropped off somewhere when you return the car.

Has anyone ever rented from the Dollar location at the Lake Buena Vista Wyndham Resort near Disney Springs? I am wondering if they provide a shuttle service to pick up the vehicle.

Has anyone ever rented from the Dollar location at the Lake Buena Vista Wyndham Resort near Disney Springs? I am wondering if they provide a shuttle service to pick up the vehicle.
Haven't rented from them but if they don't have a shuttle you could easily walk over from DS. Suggest calling the office (not the toll free reservation number) during their normal work hours to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!