Cape May Breakfast - "Breakfast Favorites"

ErinsMommy

She believed she could, so she did
Anyone been that can confirm if the 'breakfast favorites' include things like eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, waffles?? Otherwise the menu looks rather limited.

My DD and I ate there in December. All the breakfast "favorites" are included on the bar (eggs, bacon, sausage, Mickey Waffles). They had cheese grits, muffins, fruit, deli meats. It was a great breakfast with very fun characters!

Most breakfast buffets serve similar things. Of course they each have a couple of things unique to them, but for the most part all the "breakfast favorites" are there (the only one I am not 100% on is pancakes). What we really liked about breakfast at Cape May, is that it is a character meal without the same chaos that a lot of other character meals have. By far the most relaxing character buffet on property, IMO. I see you are staying at BWI as part of a split stay, so this breakfast would be perfect. The only negative about it is that unless you are staying in that EC resort area it can take a it to get to using Disney transportation (which won't be an issue if you plan on going during your BWI portion).

Just a side note, our favorite thing to do for breakfast when staying at BWI was to grab something from the Boardwalk Bakery and get a table by the water. Such a relaxing and peaceful way to start the day. A light morning breeze, the morning boats drifting along, very Zen and calming.

Most breakfast buffets serve similar things. Of course they each have a couple of things unique to them, but for the most part all the "breakfast favorites" are there (the only one I am not 100% on is pancakes). What we really liked about breakfast at Cape May, is that it is a character meal without the same chaos that a lot of other character meals have. By far the most relaxing character buffet on property, IMO. I see you are staying at BWI as part of a split stay, so this breakfast would be perfect. The only negative about it is that unless you are staying in that EC resort area it can take a it to get to using Disney transportation (which won't be an issue if you plan on going during your BWI portion).

Just a side note, our favorite thing to do for breakfast when staying at BWI was to grab something from the Boardwalk Bakery and get a table by the water. Such a relaxing and peaceful way to start the day. A light morning breeze, the morning boats drifting along, very Zen and calming.

Thank you - actually this reservation is for our upcoming Beach Club stay and we're "testing the waters" with this and other surrounding restaurants not in DHS or Epcot to see what will stay for our split stay BWI portion. Once we're back at the Poly for the latter half, we'll go back to our favorites that are on the monorail line :) I have to admit I'm a bit nervous staying on the Epcot side of Disney as we've never ventured there other than Beaches & Cream during our last trip and Yachtsman many many years prior -- so this is all new to us. Suppose its just fear of the unknown and we'll either go home and make the split stay a full Poly stay, or will enjoy both sides of the World.

My DD and I ate there in December. All the breakfast "favorites" are included on the bar (eggs, bacon, sausage, Mickey Waffles). They had cheese grits, muffins, fruit, deli meats. It was a great breakfast with very fun characters!

Thank you - do you remember which characters they were?

Thank you - do you remember which characters they were?
We’ve been many times and it’s always been Minnie, Goofy and Donald in recent years. I think back in the day chip and dale may have been there, so I suppose their outfits still exist in case one of the other 3 is unable to make it that day. But bank on Minnie, goofy and Donald.

Thank you all! And @Ralph&Pam, those choices are none my family would partake in, they just want the basic "breakfast foods" :)

Thank you - actually this reservation is for our upcoming Beach Club stay and we're "testing the waters" with this and other surrounding restaurants not in DHS or Epcot to see what will stay for our split stay BWI portion. Once we're back at the Poly for the latter half, we'll go back to our favorites that are on the monorail line :) I have to admit I'm a bit nervous staying on the Epcot side of Disney as we've never ventured there other than Beaches & Cream during our last trip and Yachtsman many many years prior -- so this is all new to us. Suppose its just fear of the unknown and we'll either go home and make the split stay a full Poly stay, or will enjoy both sides of the World.

I didn't even notice the big tickers for your trips, only the tiny font at the top of your signature... go figure.

Take a night to check out the Boardwalk at night. Its a fun place to walk around a little bit, see some of the street performers, maybe grab a funnel cake and/or something from the Boardwalk Bakery (which I still suggest you try one morning). Or just sitting by the water and watching the boats go by.

If your family likes seafood, especially crab legs, I highly suggest Cape May for dinner as well (no characters). You also have the restaurants at the Swan/Dolphin that are good if you aren't tied to a dining plan. BRG on the Boardwalk is good for a late night burger and a beer. We have not been to FF since the refurb so I can't comment on that. Nor have we been to Trattoria al Forno, which also has a character breakfast with Rapunzel, Flynn, Ariel and Prince Eric.

Half the fun of Disney is stepping out and "testing the waters".

I didn't even notice the big tickers for your trips, only the tiny font at the top of your signature... go figure.

Take a night to check out the Boardwalk at night. Its a fun place to walk around a little bit, see some of the street performers, maybe grab a funnel cake and/or something from the Boardwalk Bakery (which I still suggest you try one morning). Or just sitting by the water and watching the boats go by.

If your family likes seafood, especially crab legs, I highly suggest Cape May for dinner as well (no characters). You also have the restaurants at the Swan/Dolphin that are good if you aren't tied to a dining plan. BRG on the Boardwalk is good for a late night burger and a beer. We have not been to FF since the refurb so I can't comment on that. Nor have we been to Trattoria al Forno, which also has a character breakfast with Rapunzel, Flynn, Ariel and Prince Eric.

Half the fun of Disney is stepping out and "testing the waters".

I'm the only seafood eater. If you love seafood as much as I do, try Boathouse. We went during our September trip and it was FABULOUS! :)

I remember thinking this was a very expansive (yet expensive of course!) buffet. The blintzes bring back fond memories!

I'm the only seafood eater. If you love seafood as much as I do, try Boathouse. We went during our September trip and it was FABULOUS! :)

Agreed. I really enjoyed it. My wife wasn't fond of the atmosphere, she felt a little claustrophobic. She'd rather go to bluezoo for seafood (and Shula's for steak).

It's funny, we ate there back in December and I remember my husband remarking that there seemed to be more "normal" breakfast options this visit. We were missing the asparagus with hollandaise and chorizo eggs we had last time (back in 2012). So, if it's like it was in December 2017, your family should be just fine.

We have eaten BF at CM many times when staying at an EP resort. It is one of our favorites and the buffet is huge!!! Characters were Minnie, Donald, and Goofy the last few time we went. We did not enjoy the dinner after 2 tries but the BF is awesome!

By the way, are you having BF at Ohana during the Poly part of your stay? It was my absolute favorite but not so after our last visit with all the changes. Just curious how things are now.

Have a great trip!

We just ate here two weeks ago and to me it is only 'normal breakfast food'. Minnie, Donald, and Goofy were the characters in beach gear. Now we usually eat here every trip bc we stay at the Boardwalk and to me this is a great meal when we do our pool day bc of the theme. I will say this will probably be our last time eating here for a while. We spent more money here than we did at BOG, Tutto Italia, and Via Napoli. Now we also ate at Tusker House and while that was also more expensive than the previous restaurants I mentioned, the food quality and options were outstanding... I can understand paying more for this experience. The characters are great and there are 4, instead of 3. I used to do Cape May bc it wasnt very popular and had good food quality, but this last trip has changed my mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter