Cancelling Genie+ to rebook later time?

Shannon131

Mouseketeer
Good morning!

Can someone please explain what happens when you cancel a Genie+ reservation? Can you immediately book a new one? And does it affect your “time slot” to book the next one or does your waiting period start over? I’m trying to stack several Genie+ rides for the evenings (without a park hopper). Is cancelling and rebooking until the times are late enough the best strategy? (So many questions…)

Thank you so much!!

Good morning!

Can someone please explain what happens when you cancel a Genie+ reservation? Can you immediately book a new one? And does it affect your “time slot” to book the next one or does your waiting period start over? I’m trying to stack several Genie+ rides for the evenings (without a park hopper). Is cancelling and rebooking until the times are late enough the best strategy? (So many questions…)

Thank you so much!!

The answer to your first question was recently discussed in the Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY thread. The conclusion (Post 3,083) is that only canceling your most-recently-booked G+LL reservation lets you book another. So, a strategy of stacking rides with early return times in the hopes of replacing them all with later times by canceling and rebooking will not work.

I believe the 120-minute clock resets whenever you book a G+LL reservation. The computer doesn't care if it is replacing a canceled reservation or not.

One other thing to add. I don't know if this is a common problem or not, but when I was recently there, the option to cancel a Genie+ LL reservation was often not visible. If our plans changed, and I tried to cancel, sometimes the "cancel" button did not appear, and there was no way to do it. Other times, it did appear.

I changed something on G+ (changed a person, not canx) and that change reset my clock another two hours. I'd say be careful...

One other thing to add. I don't know if this is a common problem or not, but when I was recently there, the option to cancel a Genie+ LL reservation was often not visible. If our plans changed, and I tried to cancel, sometimes the "cancel" button did not appear, and there was no way to do it. Other times, it did appear.
I believe LL has to be canx in person at blue umbrella guest services. G+ should be able to canx on your own.

I believe LL has to be canx in person at blue umbrella guest services. G+ should be able to canx on your own.
I think that's right. But sometimes, the "cancel" button just doesn't show up. Or at least it didn't for me. I wish I had taken some screen shots. It was maddening.

I think that's right. But sometimes, the "cancel" button just doesn't show up. Or at least it didn't for me. I wish I had taken some screen shots. It was maddening.

Oh the joy! Im sorry. So many glitches with G+ its frustraiting,

We were able to cancel and immediately rebook a couple weeks ago. But we didn’t have more than one LL booked. The only placed that showed a ‘Cancel’ button was on the Home Screen of MDE app. It would always show our LL there and if I clicked on it, a cancel button would be there.

I was able to cancel and rebook with no problems. At 7am I accidentally booked a LL that overlapped with my ADR. I cancelled and rebooked immediately. Like PP stated, it had to be canceled from the home screen.

Maybe that was my problem. I was trying to cancel from "My Day" under "My Genie Day." Sometimes, it gave me an option to do so. Sometimes it didn't.

I tried to cancel a POTC at MK as it jumped to 2 pm (I wanted 12 pm). I went to a CM nearby (not guest services) and showed him my phone and the cancel button wasn’t available on my day or anywhere else. After 5-10 mins I gave up as he was also perplexed. He said something about Genie+ goal being you book and ride something every 2 hours (I know that’s not true but said ok thanks). After a few minutes I tried again and I got the cancel option (you click the dots on the reservation to get options). Was able to refresh and book 12:50 pm.

The cancel button would not show up for me immediately about half the time after booking. It would sometimes take a few minutes. I have an android phone. The one time the cancel button never showed up I went to a blue umbrella and was told I couldn't cancel once LL time had started, but she cancelled it for me. The blue umbrellas were so helpful whenever I needed them for Genie plus during trip.

... I went to a blue umbrella and was told I couldn't cancel once LL time had started, but she cancelled it for me. The blue umbrellas were so helpful whenever I needed them for Genie plus during trip.
That's good to know - thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter