• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Canada's Wonderland Shooting! OMG

Scratch42

<font color=navy>I Owe, I Owe, so Off to Work I go
Last year it was the incident with the Molester!

Now this! I don't think PCW is a very Family Friendly place anymore! I for one am glad I changed my mind about Season's Passes!

Scary Stuff!

Scratch
:smooth:

Heard this on the radio and was absolutely shocked. Am now really glad that my DS who's 16 has no interest in getting a season's pass. He's not really a thrill ride person and never has been which might be a blessing. I think I would be so worried if he went up there with his friends and stayed til closing.

Cdnmickeylover

I heard this too last night and was shocked. Dan's high school band has a day planned on May 30. They do this every year. When I told Dan about the shooting he said that at least they will be there just during the day. It WILL make me nervous though until he gets home safely. I'm that way anyway and now this doesn't help!

We gave ourselves a deadline of yesterday to decided if we wanted season's passes this year. Yesterday morning, we decided not to get season's passes this year and enjoy all the other fun things to do in the area. Last night when I heard about the shooting, I knew we made the right decision. What is next? S

The story about the molester last year was really scary... and now the shooting. I wonder if Paramount is going to do something about the security at the park :(

On the radio this morning I heard that PCW has great security cameras ~ but who knows for sure.

Since the shooting was outside the gates, I wonder if the murderer went to their car to get the gun, or did they have the gun on them. I can't stand the thought of my family walking around PCW with people carrying guns. S

Hi.. what was the molester story from last year ? what happened?

My daughter (8) went there maybe 10 times with her Dad last summer - I never heard anything about this?

Thanx

>>^..<^<

Is there a security check at the gates like at the WDW parks? Is each bag checked before entering?

It happened just outside the gates in the Men's room. I can't remember the age but apparently he went in by himself and there was a male waiting. They alleged it was an isolated incident. It was reported maybe a couple of times and that was it.

Mapletree - I don't think this would have prevented this incident. It happened outside the main entrance. If you have a parking pass or have paid for parking, you have access to this area.

I don't know if it's me, but the security people last year seemed a lot younger then in past years. IMHO, they are no longer gearing towards families but a place for teens to hang. And with all the gangs in that area, not a good thing!

Scratch

Sandra, that's what I was thinking. I kept wondering last night if the person had the gun on them the entire day while they wandered around the park or if they were just in the parking lot. Scary thought if they carried it around all day. Haven't been to Wonderland in a couple of years and was debating a season's pass but decided to get a pass to the Blue Jays instead. Might have been a good decision.

Cdnmickeylover

Janet, I agree that Security looked young at PCW (and most other places I go to as well). I don't know what kind of training they have. I think the uniform is a deterent for some people who are mindful of authority. But kids with guns don't care about authority. Where are their parents? Where is the education system? Where are their values of taking responsibility for their actions?

A few years ago there was a story about a teenage girl who went into a washroom at PCW and was drugged and abducted. The bad guys were carrying her out of the park when the girls friends noticed and the kidnapping was stopped it. I know more details and the story seemed a little far out so I'm not sure if it was true.

S

After having passes for about the past 5 years, we too decided not to get one this year. (we decided that before the shooting). Last year, we got our money out of them, but truly didn't go as much as other years. We will probably still go for a day, but I do notice the crowds hanging out there are getting a little "gangish". I'm looking forward to more beach trips, and possibly the Zoo. I wonder how this will affect attendance at PCW this year?
Karen

I think they should just get rid of this "Young Offenders Act"

If they are old enough to do "Adult Acts", they should be tried as such! It's given these thugs "Carte Blanche"

I think that any family that was waiting for last minute to decide, this incident sure made there minds up!

Scratch

I never heard anything about the shooting. What was it all about?
tigercat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter