Can you really do this?

Beth Cat

Earning My Ears
We are going to Disney at the end of June and are doing the Dining plan. Since we will use one of our ts meals for a lunch, we don't have a ts on a particular night (it also happens to be our 10th anniversary!)
I was reading on Mousesavers that when dining ts, you can actually pay for your kid's meals, and then just use 2 ts coupons for the adults.
Has anyone really done this? It seems to be a huge saver! We are thinking about paying for our kids 2 nights, so that we can use the ts coupons and have another ADR for our anniversary.
Let me know if you've done this!
Beth

Hi Beth, as of now, yes you can do that, however, I must warn you, some people on these boards do not believe it's fair and against the rules and this may start a debate, but Disney does allow it (like I said, as of now).

I had no idea this ruffled some people's feather's when I did it and I never had a problem. We also purchased children's meals for adults (either myself or dd) using our credits and didn't have a problem. It was very flexible when we were there in December. Don't know what the deal is now though, you hear different stories.

Uh oh pass the popcorn :rolleyes1 it won't be long before the preachers get here and try and convince you to absolve yourself of the sin of manipulating the dining plan. I swear reminds me why I am a recovering catholic, so much guilt I feel the need to go to confession sometimes. :sad2:

Thank you for your responses! I don't know if we really will try this, as I always have a sense of trying to do the right thing and would feel like I was a cheater. I just didn't know if it was already a common practice or not. Please don't preach to me!

I was told when we booked our package that we could use our credits as we saw fit. Don't know what we will do either yet, but it Disney says do what you want, then that's good enough for me!

just a head's up... it could be conditional depending on the cm serving you... we had an instance where the cm would not allow us to order any combination other than what the card said (2A/2C)... i have read similar reports as well...

We stayed at the BWV for 5 nights/6 days at the beginning of April and paid oop for DD5 on three occasions to stretch our ts credits over the six days. We had no problems with cast members when we explained how we wanted to pay. We also used this strategy with some of our counter service meals as DD was not hungry enough to eat a meal on her own. Three adult meals (DS is 11) were enough to feed four of us. On the other hand, we ate dinner at the Tangerine Cafe one evening and DS decided he wanted a kids meal. We ordered two adult and two childs meals and also had no problem with this, even though our cards say 3A/1C. We had two cs credits left on the last afternoon, so we used them at the Boardwalk Bakery and took the sandwiches and pastries back to the beach with us! They were delicious. :cloud9:

We paid for the credits and Disney says we can use them as we please, so that's what we did.

We ordered two adult and two childs meals and also had no problem with this, even though our cards say 3A/1C.

The problem can arise when you try to go the other way - order more adult meals than you have on your card; assuming you are ordering all your meals at the same time. This seems to be enforced at times, and not at other times from what I have read.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter