Can You Change The Default Phone Number Disney Uses For Your Account(s)

mgarbowski

DIS Veteran
Way back, probably 15-20 years ago, I created my online Disney account and gave them 2 phone numbers: our home landline and the main number where I work as a "daytime phone number." Over time I started using my personal mobile number for everything, and changed all my online accounts accordingly, including Disney.

But, every time I book an ADR, DVC room, Lightning Lane, or buy Genie Plus, the system pulls that work number and prefills that into the "just in case we need to contact you" field. So I have to change it manually. I have checked and edited my accounts at My Disney Experience, DVC, Disney+, Disney Movie Rewards, the Store, Disney Gift Cards, ESPN, Movies Anywhere, and probably a couple of others. At this point, the number Disney keeps pulling exists nowhere in any profile of mine in any Disney- related account that I can find. My guess is it is being pulled from an old field as an artifact in a Disney IT database I can no longer change.

Has anyone else experienced this? Were you able to get it fixed? If I had confidence in Disney IT telephone support, I would call, but I fear spending 75 minutes and accomplishing nothing.

Last edited:

I have that issue also. It prefills my old home phone number on ticket orders, etc. If I log in, everywhere I look my account has my cell number, can't see why they still use the old one.

There was something weird that has happened with dining reservations also. The confirmations for ADRs came to the correct email, but something else kept going to an old email, maybe cancellations?

It's not just Disney, I have the same problem with UPS notifications. While most go to the correct one, some go to an old email I never use. I have tried calling but they cant seem to fix it.

Last edited:
I can think of various reasons why someone's phone number might have changed. If you get a good Disney person on the phone, I would expect they can resolve this issue for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter