Can we please do one character meal?! A January '19 PTR! *TR Link Posted 2/12*

Happy New Year! Hope everyone enjoyed themselves! :banana:

I am 24 days out from my trip! I received our DME tags and our magic bands which was very exciting!

I just went ahead and purchased our Memory Maker. Last trip with DBF I did not purchase it. Though he's not keen on taking a lot of pictures, there are a few key pictures I'll want of us in each park. So that along with all the ride photos will make it worth it in my opinion! I already mentioned that I'd be buying it and he didn't give any pushback..though I don't know if he even understood what it was I was actually telling him :rotfl:

Yay we are getting so close now. I can’t believe we’re going this month.

We’re going to get the memory maker because they give a good military discount for it - $99. Can’t beat that when there are 10 of us.

We are exactly 3 weeks out from today! I love memory maker, I have made so many calendars with all our pictures, I love this being included in our AP’s. I hope it stays that way!

It's so exciting! :hyper:

I always find such value in Memory Maker! That's a great idea to make calendars with the pictures!

Yay we are getting so close now. I can’t believe we’re going this month.

We’re going to get the memory maker because they give a good military discount for it - $99. Can’t beat that when there are 10 of us.

I know! So soon!

That's a great price, especially when there will be so many of you to take advantage!

Now that I've gotten photopass with my AP I don't know how Ill ever do a trip without it! I feel like its super worth it in my book!

Yay for magic bands! We arrive the day before you and ours just shipped, I was getting nervous haha. I've been debating the memory maker as well, I'll probably end up getting it but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Ahhh it's so close!! I always feel like Memory Maker is worth it, mostly because it's the best way to get pictures of everyone that aren't selfies:rotfl:

Now that I've gotten photopass with my AP I don't know how Ill ever do a trip without it! I feel like its super worth it in my book!

It's so worth it! And it's a nice perk that it's included with APs!

Yay for magic bands! We arrive the day before you and ours just shipped, I was getting nervous haha. I've been debating the memory maker as well, I'll probably end up getting it but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Glad to see you back on here, it's been a while! How funny that we will be there at the same time!

I always get MM when I go with my family and felt like I would regret it if I didn't get it this time! When you factor in ride photos and stuff, it's worth it!

Ahhh it's so close!! I always feel like Memory Maker is worth it, mostly because it's the best way to get pictures of everyone that aren't selfies:rotfl:

I totally agree!! I can't believe I'm almost 3 weeks away, feels surreal!

I am 24 days out from my trip! I received our DME tags and our magic bands which was very exciting!
YAY!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

I already mentioned that I'd be buying it and he didn't give any pushback..though I don't know if he even understood what it was I was actually telling him :rotfl:
:rotfl2: Having a DBF who isn't Disney-obsessed like we all are is sometimes an advantage :laughing: ;)

I don't have much to update on but my countdown is now officially in the teens which to me is a reason to celebrate! :banana:19 days to go!

Now I get to sit and start worrying about the weather! :rotfl:My concern is the weather here at home and hoping we don't get any snowstorms that will impact our flight out. We have had a mild few weeks of weather and they are predicting the cold really starts to blow in soon. :eek:

I also have no idea what to expect when we get to Orlando so I still have no idea what to pack! All I can do is wait these next few weeks out and see what happens!

My brother and his gf are heading down this Thursday and they are kind of in the same boat with the weather! Its so hard when its just the in between of hot and cold! I feel like at this time of year layers is always best! (I say that and when I was there in December I had to walk around in a tank top I had on under my sweater because I just got way too hot! haha)

I don't have much to update on but my countdown is now officially in the teens which to me is a reason to celebrate! :banana:19 days to go!

Now I get to sit and start worrying about the weather! :rotfl:My concern is the weather here at home and hoping we don't get any snowstorms that will impact our flight out. We have had a mild few weeks of weather and they are predicting the cold really starts to blow in soon. :eek:

I also have no idea what to expect when we get to Orlando so I still have no idea what to pack! All I can do is wait these next few weeks out and see what happens!

Ugh snow storms are the worst!! Hopefully you weather is nice and clear! Yay for being in the teens (countdown- not temperature).

The weather watch is always so stressful!! Last year it was freezing down there, and this year was beautiful, so not being able to even guess drives me crazy.

Woohoo!! 19 days! (18 today I guess!!) It will be here before you know it, and hopefully the snow stays far, far away

OOOOH! It's getting so close!

I can't believe it! Seeing my countdown ticker say 2 weeks + a few days seems crazy!

My brother and his gf are heading down this Thursday and they are kind of in the same boat with the weather! Its so hard when its just the in between of hot and cold! I feel like at this time of year layers is always best! (I say that and when I was there in December I had to walk around in a tank top I had on under my sweater because I just got way too hot! haha)

It's so tough! But I'll be in Disney so I can't really be complaining! I am thinking layers will be the way to go - and I'm always cold so it's always good for me to have extra stuff! haha

YEAH!!!!

I am starting to think about the weather for us as well. Good Luck!

Hopefully no major storms for either of us when it's time to fly out! I know it's supposed to start getting a lot colder so fingers crossed!

Yay!!!

Ahh, the joys of travels in winter, I know those well myself. :sad2: But hopefully all will go smoothly and you'll be in sunny Florida in no time :thumbsup2

Thank you! I'm trying not to stress about that too much, especially when it's still too early to see that far out!

Ugh snow storms are the worst!! Hopefully you weather is nice and clear! Yay for being in the teens (countdown- not temperature).

Thank you! I can't believe I'm getting down to the wire now!

The weather watch is always so stressful!! Last year it was freezing down there, and this year was beautiful, so not being able to even guess drives me crazy.

Woohoo!! 19 days! (18 today I guess!!) It will be here before you know it, and hopefully the snow stays far, far away

So stressful! But #firstworldproblems right? lol

I am so excited! In my head I feel like the time is going to drag but I know that won't be the case! :rotfl:

A few weeks ago I was able to go to the Mickey The True Original Exhibition in NYC

This looks like so much fun! Thanks for sharing all the photos!

Here are some pics of the ones I've made.

Very nice, I think the Duffy ones are my favorite. I can't wear ears myself, they tend to give me bad headaches.

Though he's not keen on taking a lot of pictures, there are a few key pictures I'll want of us in each park. So that along with all the ride photos will make it worth it in my opinion!

Jim was the same way until I told him how much MM cost. He's a bit cheap and decided we needed to get our money's worth so he made us stop at pretty much every photo place. :rotfl:Last year was nice since I had an AP and MM came with it for the full year.

I also have no idea what to expect when we get to Orlando so I still have no idea what to pack!

Layers are the key to trips in January! I usually start out with my t-shirts and then I match up a long sleeve t-shirt for underneath. Kohl's has a nice selection of plain long-sleeve t-shirts that aren't too expensive. I actually put the t-shirt and long sleeve shirt together and pack them that way for easy access. Depending on the weather I may or may not wear the long-sleeve shirt. Then of course several hoodies for morning and evening. For the bottom half, I usually pack mostly jeans and throw in a few capris just in case. Oh and make sure you throw in some gloves, nothing worse than having cold hands!

Hopefully you don't have the weather we had last January, it was so cold, Jim was wearing two hoodies and his winter coat and hat. I had on my long sleeve shirt, t-shirt, hoodie and winter coat.

Hooray! Your Disney trip is right around the corner!!!

FL weather is so unpredictable in the winter! I'm sure if you bring layers and plan for chilly mornings and warm afternoons you'll be fine. And I hope the snow stays away until you're on a plane heading south!:rotfl2:

This looks like so much fun! Thanks for sharing all the photos!

Very nice, I think the Duffy ones are my favorite. I can't wear ears myself, they tend to give me bad headaches.

Jim was the same way until I told him how much MM cost. He's a bit cheap and decided we needed to get our money's worth so he made us stop at pretty much every photo place. :rotfl:Last year was nice since I had an AP and MM came with it for the full year.

Layers are the key to trips in January! I usually start out with my t-shirts and then I match up a long sleeve t-shirt for underneath. Kohl's has a nice selection of plain long-sleeve t-shirts that aren't too expensive. I actually put the t-shirt and long sleeve shirt together and pack them that way for easy access. Depending on the weather I may or may not wear the long-sleeve shirt. Then of course several hoodies for morning and evening. For the bottom half, I usually pack mostly jeans and throw in a few capris just in case. Oh and make sure you throw in some gloves, nothing worse than having cold hands!

Hopefully you don't have the weather we had last January, it was so cold, Jim was wearing two hoodies and his winter coat and hat. I had on my long sleeve shirt, t-shirt, hoodie and winter coat.

The exhibit was a ton of fun!

Thanks! Yeah, the park ones usually give me a headache too but I usually just grin and bear it :rotfl:

Hahaha that's a great way to present it! Unfortunately I don't think it would make a different to DBF lol

Yes layers for sure! This will be my 3rd January trip. The first was beautiful weather! The second was FREEZING and I was unprepared. This time I will definitely pack more to be on the safe side- gloves and hoodies for sure!

Hooray! Your Disney trip is right around the corner!!!

FL weather is so unpredictable in the winter! I'm sure if you bring layers and plan for chilly mornings and warm afternoons you'll be fine. And I hope the snow stays away until you're on a plane heading south!:rotfl2:

I can't believe it! I am getting antsy now!

That's definitely what I'm going to plan for and I will just keep my eye on the weather as it gets closer to adjust!

Just found this PTR today and caught up. This sounds like a great trip; hopefully your boyfriend will enjoy reaping the benefits of all your great planning! I look forward to reading all about your trip after you get back.

My daughter and I have our Spring Break trip to DLR coming up, leaving in 91 days. I am starting a PTR for that today, so reading this PTR was definitely fun.

Just found this PTR today and caught up. This sounds like a great trip; hopefully your boyfriend will enjoy reaping the benefits of all your great planning! I look forward to reading all about your trip after you get back.

My daughter and I have our Spring Break trip to DLR coming up, leaving in 91 days. I am starting a PTR for that today, so reading this PTR was definitely fun.

Thanks for reading along! I am very excited, as is DBF :)

I will be hopping over to your PTR, can't wait to hear what you have planned!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter