• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can we do Rope Drop at Toontown if we're not staying at a Disney Resort?

tharr

Earning My Ears
We are not staying at a Disney Resort and was wondering if we can still get to the rope drop at Toontown Fair. From what I've learned on these boards, it sounds like if you drive yourself to the parks, you have to catch a monorail (or tram or something) to get from the parking lot to the front gate of MK, at which point we can't even get in until maybe a few minutes before opening. So, how could we be able to get ourselves to Toontown at Rope Drop? Are there other entrances to MK other than the front gate? Are these other entrances only accessible to resort guests? We have 4-day Hopper Plus passes that says we can use WDW Transportation (ferryboats, monorails & motorcoaches) but how would we go about getting to Toontown? Thanks!

The rope drop at Toontown isn't when the MK opens. It's later in the morning. Anyone in the parks can be there.

I am confused, do they have two rope drops? Or once you pass the turnstiles, you can head over to Toontown for a rope drop? More info please. This is the first area of MK we want to hit.

There is the Main Roop Drop and a seperate one for ToonTown a little later (I believe 10:00) so, once you're in the Park, just walk to Toontown and wait.

Disnee Dad Says...............................I don't want to change anybody's plan, but if toontown is important then fantasyland must be important! I would rush fantasyland, you can do all the rides in an hour, if you are there at the rope drop. Then go to toontown and see what you can, and know that you did the fantasyland rush that so few know abou!! Everyone else will wait for an hour on the rides you walked on in a minute!!

You're right -- Fantasyland is the 1st priority. What is the fastest way to get to Fantasyland if driving yourself to MK? I'm assuming that those that drive themselves must enter through the Main Gate. Assuming that is true, is it faster to walk to Fantasyland from there or to take the railroad there?

I believe it would be faster to walk. Also begin with Dumbo!!! Have someone get a fastpass for either Pooh Bear or PeterPan and then ride the one you do not have the fastpass for and the rides on the oppisite side of Fantasyland until the fastpass time comes up. Then do the other side. You could have most of Fantasyland finished be about 10:00 if you move from one to the other quickly. You can do Small World later if needed as it does not get as bad a line as the rest. Enjoy!

I'm almost positive the the railroad doesn't stop in Fantasy land.

You sound a little confused about the transportation stuff, so I'll spell it out. I apologize if you don't need the info!
Here's what you do:
-Drive your car to The transportaion & ticket center parking lot
-take the tram to the TTC (if you arrive early you may be close enough to walk)
-you will have to wait here for a bit. I can't remember when they let you out, maybe 30 minutes before opening?
-take the monorail or boat to the Magic Kingdom main
-go through security & the turnstiles with everyone else, including onsite guests (maybe a little before official opening, 15 min?)
-onsite guests are dropped off near the main gate. there are not any other entrances to MK.
-go to the end of main street & wait for the rope drop

Then, as Disneycrazymom said, RUN (or walk very quickly :) ) to Dumbo, get a fastpass for Pooh or Peter pan & ride as much as you can. Then you can go to toontown for the rope drop there (10 am?)

Does anyone know where to wait for the rope drop to get to Fantasy land? My next trip is our first with a little one.

Here is a MK map
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/maps/WDW_Magic_Kingdom.jpg

Thanks for the much-needed tutorial on transportation and the arrival strategies for Magic Kingdom!

The best place to wait for Fantasy Land is under the castle. there is a rope there, I think it is the closest to Dumbo.

Yes, head for Fantasyland first, do Dumbo, etc.
Then Toon Town, the "rope drop" there is at 10am.
But if you want a few character photos and sigs, Mickey and Minnie usually are out in front the Tea Cups, around 9:30 from what I remember. Then at about 9:45 they head for Toon Town.

Unless they changed it, Toon Town is not open the same hours as the entire park. Check with a CM when you get there.

I also agree getting to Fantsyland first thing! We did this our second day in MK and got to do Dumbo, Winnie the Pooh, & Peter Pan in the first half hour. (These were the ones we couldn't do the first day b/c of long lines. Then we went over to Toon Town. Winnie, Tigger & EEyore were out to greet and get pictures. We lined up and got a great picture with all three characters and DD. Then with the rope drop headed over to meet Mickey. We were one of the first in line there too. With all of that out of the way, the rest of the day was free to linger as we wanted!!

Does WDW have a different "rope" for each land??

DL holds everyone on main street, with one "rope."

edited for clarification-
by a different rope, I mean is each section roped off (that all drop at opening, except toon town) or is there one sigle rope at the end of main street.

Although we always go directly to Space Mountain or Fantasyland, I am pretty sure the entire park is open at rope drop except Toon Town which opens at 10:00.:D

I seem to remember each land having their own rope.:confused:
I could be wrong...it may have been an early entry day.
But I know that Tomorrowland and Adventureland/Liberty Square had seperate roaps. Then there was one under the castle.

But hey.....I am there in just 10 DAYS!!!! So I can let you know when I get back!!:D :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter