Can somebody let me in on an "inside joke"?

Mnementh

<font color=red>I like the Steelers <b>almost</b>
Okay, I don't know if this is some kind of inside joke from before I joined, or whatever it might be. I've just heard a lot of people use the term "The backside of water" and I'm just curious what that means.

Have you ever been on the Jungle Cruise? When you go under the H2O fall he refers to the back side of H2O. Just a joke. At least that what I think of when I hear about the back side of H2O. :rotfl:

drakester said:
Have you ever been on the Jungle Cruise? When you go under the H2O fall he refers to the back side of H2O. Just a joke. At least that what I think of when I hear about the back side of H2O. :rotfl:
Dude, just say water.

saltnpepper said:
H20 sounds scientificul :teeth: :teacher:

and i have never heard of "backside of the water"
Have you ridden the jungle cruise at WDW? and they did not use the joke of seeing the 'Back side of water' when you went behind the waterfall!!
wow

I've never heard of it... The only times we have gone on JC is when the tour was still available. And I never payed attention, too busy looking for clues to the questions that would earn me some VMK cards. :rotfl2:

come on dark, you gotta glove the jungle cruise!!!! pay attention next time its pretty funny :)

aengus said:
come on dark, you gotta glove the jungle cruise!!!! pay attention next time its pretty funny :)

Why yes! They show us first the beautiful butterfly, where the wing span
can range from 12 inches to a whopping 1 foot long! :teeth:

I love the Jungle Cruise spiel. It's even better at night when you're one
of the last boats. I had a unique experience at the Disneyland Jungle
Cruise. The skipper was able to make the BEST joke by using the hydralics
systems in the animatronics to work for him. Let's just say if you stand
your ground with the natives with spears, eventually they'll back off and
hide behind the bushes. ;)

The Jungle Cruise is fun, especially since the jokes are cheesy. You know
you have a good skipper when he/she will go off script and throw in a timely
current events reference.

BriarRosie said:
Why yes! They show us first the beautiful butterfly, where the wing span
can range from 12 inches to a whopping 1 foot long! :teeth:

I love the Jungle Cruise spiel. It's even better at night when you're one
of the last boats. I had a unique experience at the Disneyland Jungle
Cruise. The skipper was able to make the BEST joke by using the hydralics
systems in the animatronics to work for him. Let's just say if you stand
your ground with the natives with spears, eventually they'll back off and
hide behind the bushes. ;)

The Jungle Cruise is fun, especially since the jokes are cheesy. You know
you have a good skipper when he/she will go off script and throw in a timely
current events reference.
We have ridden so many times we say the corny jokes BEFORE the skipper can say it
we also throw in some of our own!!
It really is the best ride, simple, and fun.!! My DD10 even got to pilot the boat when we were there for her birthday. And the skipper even told us were the hidden mickeys were on the ride!!

BusyBeaBee said:
We have ridden so many times we say the corny jokes BEFORE the skipper can say it
we also throw in some of our own!!
It really is the best ride, simple, and fun.!! My DD10 even got to pilot the boat when we were there for her birthday. And the skipper even told us were the hidden mickeys were on the ride!!

Welcome to the DIS. :banana:

And I think I got the butterfly joke backwards, now that I think about it.
I can't remember which way that joke was told.

When I was on Jungle Cruise, it was kind of hard to really pay attention. Our skipper talked really fast, and had an accent that was really horrible (worse than the others!), making it almost impossible to figure out what she was saying.

Our Jungle Cruise skipper probably made a joke about my dad's shirt and I never heard her :rotfl2:

BusyBeaBee said:
Have you ridden the jungle cruise at WDW? and they did not use the joke of seeing the 'Back side of water' when you went behind the waterfall!!
wow

They do use that term when you go behind the waterfall...

they say something like this:

People this is the most amazing part of our cruise.... its the.... back side of water !!!!!

something along those lines... but they do say it :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter