Can resale members purchase a TIW card?

Pluto777

DIS Veteran
is Tables in Wonderland for direct purchase' members only? Or can the 'white card' members get one too? Thx

Maybe. It's unclear and reports from Members differ. There have been a few posters who reported they were able to purchase one even though they did not have a blue card. My advice is to call the number for TiW (or go to Guest Services on site) and ask to purchase one

The Members' Website says this:

Q.
I've heard about Tables in Wonderland. As a Disney Vacation Club Member, do I qualify to purchase a Tables in Wonderland membership?
A.
Yes. Tables in Wonderland is a membership exclusively for Disney Vacation Club Members, Florida Residents and Annual/Seasonal Passholders. Called the ultimate food lover's feast, this special program gives the cardholder and up to 9 of their guests a 20% discount on all food and beverages, including alcohol, at over 100 participating Disney Resort hotel and theme park restaurants for one year.
It also includes complimentary Disney Resort Hotel valet and theme park parking for dining purposes and invitations to special events.
You can purchase a membership at any Guest Relations at a Walt Disney World Resort theme park or at Downtown Disney area. You must show your Disney Vacation Club ID along with a photo ID at the time of purchase. Other restrictions apply.

Please visit Tables in Wonderland for more information and a full list of participating restaurants.

As you can see, it really doesn't say TiW is a Membership Extra (for which you do have to have a blue Membership Card to qualify).

I just purchased one for the first time during my trip in December, and GS told me that it would be “easier” to use my AP for the discounted TiW card... without even asking/seeing which color DVC card I carry. Kinda weird 🤷🏻‍♀️ That would make me think that it doesn’t matter the color- but requires more work for GS?! Good luck!

Having recently looked into this and spoken to Member Services, I can tell you that the official answer is "no" it is a Blue Card benefit. That being said, others reported being able to purchase a TiW card. We ended up getting APs (at full price of course) and used that as our basis for purchasing TiW card.

If resale buyers cannot buy it, given the wording now on Disney’s website, that would be false advertising as it makes only reference to membership identification which Disney themselves use to describe the white card and it states you qualify as a ‘member’ which every owner is.
Just call them up and order over the phone, they sell it and send it.

If resale buyers cannot buy it, given the wording now on Disney’s website, that would be false advertising as it makes only reference to membership identification which Disney themselves use to describe the white card and it states you qualify as a ‘member’ which every owner is.
Just call them up and order over the phone, they sell it and send it.
My only problem with that is if I buy it today the 13 month window starts today not the day I buy it at GS and first use it on my trip.

My only problem with that is if I buy it today the 13 month window starts today not the day I buy it at GS and first use it on my trip.

Someone recently reported that the TIW do not have 13 months any longer. Maybe when you buy over phone they do because my understanding is that how it all started...to give people time to order it and get it in time.

Someone recently reported that the TIW do not have 13 months any longer. Maybe when you buy over phone they do because my understanding is that how it all started...to give people time to order it and get it in time.
Hi Sandi- If they changed that it was recent , our last one expired last June.

I think it just depends on the cast member you get. We bought a TIW card on June 2, 2019 that expires July 31,2020. But we the last one we bought (5 or 10 years ago) expired exactly 12 months after purchase.

I just purchased one for the first time during my trip in December, and GS told me that it would be “easier” to use my AP for the discounted TiW card... without even asking/seeing which color DVC card I carry. Kinda weird 🤷🏻‍♀️ That would make me think that it doesn’t matter the color- but requires more work for GS?! Good luck!
I am confused. If your an AP holder is there a discount or better pricing for the TIW?

I am confused. If your an AP holder is there a discount or better pricing for the TIW?
AP holders can buy TIW and at the discounted rate. Only Florida residents (without an AP) would pay full price as they are the only eligible group left (aside from AP and DVC members).

AP holders can buy TIW and at the discounted rate. Only Florida residents (without an AP) would pay full price as they are the only eligible group left (aside from AP and direct DVC members).
Is the AP discount better than the DVC discount to purchase TIW?

I think it just depends on the cast member you get. We bought a TIW card on June 2, 2019 that expires July 31,2020. But we the last one we bought (5 or 10 years ago) expired exactly 12 months after purchase.
We bought ours at the end of September 2019 and it says expires the end of Oct 2020. Still 13 months.

Same for us, 13 months though I recall hearing somewhere they were going to 12 months a few months before we purchased our new card in Oct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts