can I use chicken soup instead of broth?

mster425

DIS Veteran
I'm out of broth and bullion, have 1 can condensed chicken noodle soup. Can I use that?

Would I still add the 1 can of water?

I am making a chicken and stuffing thing in the crock pot so I don't think the extra bits of chicken will matter. I also have 1 package chicken ramen if the seasoning for that would work better, lol...

Thanks! And yes, I am a terrible cook if you haven't guessed, but at least I try :lmao:

My suggestion is to dilute the soup first, then run it through a strainer to remove the solids and use the liquid as broth.

When I have chicken noodle soup, I only use a half a can of water - because I like the stronger flavor.. So - as long as it's the right "amount", you could either use it straight (minus the noodles) or add the correct amount of water until it's where it needs to be (like 1 cup or whatever)..

You're definitely not going to go wrong using the soup instead.. It will taste fine.. Also, sounds like a yummy recipe! :goodvibes

It should be fine. I would not add extra water. If you have a strainer you can run it through (to get rid of the noodles) I would do so.

You don't sound like a terrible cook. In fact, I think you have good instincts. I would do as Gigi22 suggests and dilute the soup like you were going to make it and then strain out the solids. If the solids are just some random veggie pieces and chicken chunks those would probably be fine in your dish. If it has noodles or rice or something like that, I would definitely strain it.

My suggestion is to dilute the soup first, then run it through a strainer to remove the solids and use the liquid as broth.

I would do this, but I would actually cook it first before straining. Otherwise you run the risk of losing some of the flavor that might be lost if the water and the soup don't completely combine as they will do during cooking.

Oh, I would also consider reducing the amount of salt in your recipe, because unless it is low sodium soup, it could definitely add saltiness to your final recipe.

I have done it more than once when I have been out of my stuff as well. Just don't put the noodles in.;)

Strain it, and then add add a bit of water, heat it up, taste decide if you want more water.

It is all in the taste you prefer.

Chicken soup = chicken broth plus other stuff
so
Chicken soup - other stuff = chicken broth

:thumbsup2

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest