Can I only buy the DDP and tickets through Disney?

If you aren't a DVC member, you need to purchase admission passes to qualify for the Dining Plan, and you must purchase the passes as part of the Dining Plan package. You cannot purchase the tickets from the discount ticket brokers.

The only way to get the DPP is with a package (room, tickets and DDP) through Disney or AAA. BUT all you need to buy is a 1 day park pass for each member on your package.. You could buy the rest from a broker. Found the following statement on www.allearsnet.com :

1. If you are a non-Disney Vacation Club member, you must purchase a Magic Your Way vacation package at a Disney resort for your entire party with at least one day's park admission. The number of days for the Dining Plan will equal the number of nights you have reserved your room on the package. It has nothing to do with the number of days of park admission you have.

The only exception to the above posters' statements would be if you are staying at a DVC resort as the guest of (or renting points from) and DVC member. In that case, you will also be able to purchase the dining plan with your stay. You just need to have the DVCer make the request for you when they make the ressie. You pay for it when you check it.

I used Dreams Unlimited Travel, which money-wise isn't a discount off Disney (payments are actually process by Disney themselves), but you get assigned a travel planner who does ALL the work for you!! I find this very helpful; our gal has made all our ADRs, they can do room requests, and will arrange Magical Express if you're using that service. Oh, and the services provided by your travel planner do not cost extra.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter