Can I have disposable contacts and eye drops

The eyedrops need to go in your 3-1-1 liquids bag. Not sure about the liquid in the disposables. I'd probably put them in the same bag just to be safe.

They do sell carry-on sizes of contact lens solution if you need that.

May I suggest checking at tsa.gov. They may specifically address contact solution. Their site is not too bad.

I take a travel size solution, rewetting drops, and two contacts (each eye is different) in my 3-1-1 bag every time I fly.

The eyedrops need to go in your 3-1-1 liquids bag. Not sure about the liquid in the disposables. I'd probably put them in the same bag just to be safe.

They do sell carry-on sizes of contact lens solution if you need that.
Medically necessary liquids are exempt from the 3-1-1 rule.

All medical liquids should go in a separate Ziploc bag and be removed from your carry on when you go through security.

I’ve never had to take a liquids bag. So I just put contacts and drops in any ziplock bag?

Medicine is not restricted to a quart sized bag. That includes contacts, contact solution, etc. You can put them in whatever bag they fit in.

It's only non-medical liquids that need to be in a quart sized bag.

Eyesrops actually are not included in the medical liquids category.

If you type in “contacts” to the tsa app or website under “can I bring?”, that shows up as medical needs, but not eyedrops. And the op asked about eyedrops not contact lens solution.

After a lousy lasik experience I still often need my Genteal drops for medical purposes, but I put them in the liquids baggie. Not with my inhaler.

OP I pack light too, sometimes, but that means my liquids baggie is packed! I don’t use random shampoo or gonout and buy new toothpaste each time toothpaste etc. :) I bring my own.

It’s very likely that a sandwich sized baggie is the quart sized one. That’s what we put our sandwiches in at least!

It’s very likely that a sandwich sized baggie is the quart sized one. That’s what we put our sandwiches in at least!

No, those are different sizes - the box will say sandwich size or quart size. If you're putting your sandwiches in quart-sized bags, you must make pretty big sandwiches. ;)

I bought a TSA approved clear quart size bag of amazon that I use for all my liquids. I always travel with a couple pairs of contacts and re-wetting drops and never had any issues

Sandwich size baggie is fine. It's smaller than the quart size bag. That's the only thing we care about, is that it's the size of (or smaller than) a quart size ziplock baggie.

Contacts and eyedrops or eye wetting drops are considered a medical necessity and as such are indeed exempt from the 311 baggie. Still, put them in a baggie of their own and declare them to the officer who's helping you just before the body scanner/metal detector.

Full disclosure, I work for TSA

Medicine is not restricted to a quart sized bag. That includes contacts, contact solution, etc. You can put them in whatever bag they fit in.

It's only non-medical liquids that need to be in a quart sized bag.
I do this every time I fly. Contacts (disposable) and eye drops in a separate bag. I don't declare it or anything, just put it in the bin. I have never had an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!