"Can I Get A Hangover Steak, Please?" An Adults-Only, Irma-Rific TR! - NEW PTR Link 4/11

I'm finally joining in!

We were one of those families that canceled last minute because of the hurricane. I'm interested in your story, and I'm glad you had such a positive attitude about it.

The Princess Bride is my all-time favorite movie. I have it memorized from start to finish because I've seen it so much. Hope you enjoyed it!

:rotfl: so creepy!

I love both lobbies too, and I think I'd pick YC too if I had to pick, but I have a favorite char in the BC lobby :laughing:

I think you made the right decision. I hope you guys get to go on your next trip!

Haha, what makes the chair so amazing? I'll have to try it out! :laughing: And thank you! I was hard to make but we didn't regret it once we got to Epcot the next day :)

Great update! I also love YC/BC! So pretty and fun!

YAYYYYYYYY for wedding dresses! I think a NYC life update would be fun!::yes::

Sorry to hear about Universal, but can't wait to see what you end up doing!

Thank you! I might do an update or two about NYC adventures after I come back :goodvibes

YC/BC's location simply cannot be beat; it's beautiful AND convenient!

How exciting that you'll be visiting NYC! Definitely would be interested in hearing about it :)

Great family photo!

Glad you all enjoyed Fantasmic (and that your Mom stayed awake ;))!

Wow you guys conquered the Kitchen Sink!! Very impressive!

Thank you! I'll for sure do a mini-TR for NYC once I'm back :)

I was very proud of my mom for staying awake! And yes we conquered the Kitchen Sink, it was a bucket list item for sure!

Wow, a family portrait with everyone smiling? Something had to happen in the background????? Tigger behind the photographer is my guess. :tigger:

As a guy that has twin sons, we have never all three been in a photo with a smile together.

Totally love that you have incorporated the old photo's in your trip report. I have a feeling that really good family photo will be in some great trip reports for the years to come.

Haha, sadly there was no Tigger- if he was behind the camera our smiles would have been even bigger :goodvibes

Thank you so much! I love old family photos; I could look at them for hours, and we got a lot of good pics this trip!

Oh man, Beaches and Cream! That is definitely on my "must do" list next time we're at WDW (in 587 days, but who's counting...). I had made an ADR for our February trip last year so I could have a No Way Jose on my 40th birthday (I LOOOVE peanut butter and ice cream). But when the day came, I was tired of dealing with people, so I cancelled the ADR and we ended up staying at our resort and watching The Lion King instead, which was the outdoor movie at CR/BLT that night. That happens to be one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time, so I figure it was meant to be. But you mentioning the No Way Jose makes me really want to try it next time (in 587 days)!

YES! YOU MUST DO BEACHES AND CREAM! I've booked an ADR there my past 4 Disney trips in a row, if that means anything :rotfl2:

Hey, I totally get that feeling of hitting a wall! But, if you love peanut butter and ice cream, you will be in heaven... :cloud9:

Dress shopping!!! How fun! Good Luck, I hope you ladies have a great time.

Ha! Too funny!

It's like choosing your favorite child! It's a no win situation.

Thank you! I will let you know how it goes.. I'm going to do at least one update on NYC once we're back :) I hope you're having so much fun on your trip RIGHT NOW! Please let me know how POFQ is... that resort has been on my list for quite a while!

How exciting!! :D

:cool1:

Naturally. :rotfl:

This is such a cute photo!!

It stinks that you had to make the choice, but it totally makes sense. Maybe next time!

:rotfl::rotfl:

Thanks, girl :) I'm crossing my fingers that we will get back to Universal very soon!

I'm late to the party, but hopping on to this TR! The title caught my eye because we were going on a Universal trip shortly after Irma so we were watching the progress and aftermath very closely! Just the year before we'd had to adjust our WDW arrival because of Matthew, so while I didn't experience either storm while in Orlando, I can sympathize with the stress it can put on planning a vacation.

I'm loving it so far! I just read it all today so I couldn't possibly comment on every single thing that stood out, but I will say that Tom thinking you planned your meal at Crystal Palace around Friendship Day made me laugh! It's so fun to read his reactions as a first timer.

Looking forward to more!

:welcome: and so glad to have you here!! It was very stressful planning, but it was also a huge sense of relief to "Let go and let God" in a way- there was no use of stressing over something you can't control!

Thank you so much :) Isn't Tom cute?! pooh: He managed to go from a newbie to a Disney pro throughout the week!

1) If you loved Rock of Love, you need to watch Flava of Love. It has even better drama and the glorious "New York" who I'm super disappointed isn't in Celebrity Big Brother (but at least I get Omarosa)

2) Its interesting to see your take on Irma. You see, I'm from Naples, FL. I was directly hit with the brunt of the storm and seriously was one of the scariest thing I have ever lived through. We couldn't evacuate thanks to the my husband's job and by the time we could have left - all the gas was gone. I know it died down a bit before it hit Orlando so you guys didn't get the Cat 3 we did. I think next time - we may just evacuate to Disney World with our dog(s) like other people did.

3) Smart move on cancelling your Universal time. If Star Tours gave you a headache, the constant 3D rides at Universal will drain on you. I did Universal Hollywood in January 2017 and Universal/Islands of Adventure in July 2017 and at the end of the day for both those visits - I was so off balance and felt sick. Too much motion sickness and usually I am ok!

4) Yay for upgrade to Savannah View!

5) Your days seem to go go go! I haven't done that in years but you really are getting a lot done in your trip! Thats awesome.

1.) Ahhhh, we haven't watched Flava of Love yet but it's on our list! We have been watching I Love Money and Charm School currently, and I will say that the Flava of Love girls are hilarious! Hoopz was my fave :goodvibes

2.) Wow, I'm so glad that you guys were safe during the storm. We didn't get it as bad as you, but it definitely was a bit scary! We actually met a family on our last day from Tampa that had evacuated to Disney to escape Irma- I think it's a great plan! Lots of people with dogs were staying at AKL.

3.) I was actually somewhat relieved when we cancelled Universal for this very reason- I did not want to spend all of my ride time closing my eyes/sitting out! I like the atmosphere of Universal, but a lot of the rides are too intense for me.

4.) :woohoo:

5.) Thank you :) We figure that we can sleep at home- might as well squeeze out the most park time we can while in Disney!

I'm finally joining in!

We were one of those families that canceled last minute because of the hurricane. I'm interested in your story, and I'm glad you had such a positive attitude about it.

The Princess Bride is my all-time favorite movie. I have it memorized from start to finish because I've seen it so much. Hope you enjoyed it!

:welcome: Very happy to have you :) Awww, that must have been terrible to cancel your vacation. We were very close, but decided to stick it out and did not regret our decision. We figured that once we were there, there was no use worrying about something we had absolutely no control over!

Ahh, we haven't watched The Princess Bride yet! When we do, though, I will make sure to write about it :) I didn't realize it had such a cult following- I'm definitely the odd man out for not seeing it yet!

Day 4: Part 1- “Got Me Feeling Like I’m Flying, Like I’m Out Of Space!”

Happy Super Bowl Sunday Disfriends! We’re tuning in of course, even though our beloved Green Bay Packers didn’t even make it to the playoffs this year :sad: But, we use any excuse to make wings, buffalo dip, and cheese bread ::yes::

image.gif

Where I last left off, we were rounding out Day 3 of our Disney trip. We had a crazy long day, but we were determined to get in as much park time as possible before Irma hit!

On Day 4, Haley and Ryan woke up earlier than Tom and I to head on over to Universal Studios. Haley prefers Universal to Disney ( I know, I know :sad2: ) because she loves Harry Potter, and they were not going to give up their day! Tom and I had decided to forgo our Universal plans for more Disney park time instead. Tom and I finally stirred around 9:15 and had a nutritious breakfast of Pop Tarts and coffee :laughing:

My dad also left the room early this morning to get in some quality pool time, so it was just Mom, Tom, and me hitting the parks. Since Mom was the “third wheel”, we decided to let her choose which park she wanted to visit :goodvibes She chose Epcot, so that’s where we headed!

Here were our general plans for the day:

FP+

None! This day was supposed to be Universal day, so we were just winging it.

ADRs

Homecomin’- 9:00 PM

As we walked out to the bus stop, we noticed that they had already started preparing for the storm!

This was smart; I don’t think any of us would want garbage bins flying around the resort :scared1:

We waited only about 5-10 minutes, and were on a bus to Epcot by 10:30! It was a gloomy morning, but still nice and warm.

As we walked into the park, we noticed just how DEAD it was. We were thinking it would be slammed with people getting in Disney time before the storm! We walked right on to Spaceship Earth for our first ride. I’m not sure if we’ll ever be able to pass Spaceship Earth and not have it be our first Epcot ride :rotfl:

Tom let me do the survey this time. My mom was in the car in front of us, and Tom was watching her to see what she picked for the survey. Totally unknown to me, Mom and I managed to pick the exact same answers for every question! Tom was dumbfounded... I guess the saying “Like Mother, Like Daughter” really applies to us :hug:

image.gif

Our pictures didn’t show up this time... Boo! We had made really funny faces too!

Next up for us was Test Track. The wait was 20 minutes, which is basically unheard of for Test Track!!

I love the new queue music for Test Track! It gets a little repetitive when you’re waiting in line forever, but it’s really catchy. The first time I heard it, it was on Mom and I’s 2015 trip and our second ride of the whole vacation. So, by association, I always get that first-day high when I hear this :)

Mom and I decided to create a car together while Tom was on his own. Of course, we made a girly pink car…

I didn’t get a picture of Tom’s, but I have a hunch that it was a neon green beast with flames on the side :rotfl2:

Then we were on! Tom really enjoys this ride, he likes cars and this ride isn’t too tall for him :thumbsup2 It looks like we’re closing our eyes in the picture, but the sun was just realllly bright!

Afterwards, Mom and I decided to head over to the Land to ride Soarin’, since the wait time was only 15 minutes. Tom chose to stay back at Test Track to look at the souvenirs, since Soarin’ freaked him out a bit on our first day!

Like I said… the park was deserted today!

Unfortunately, the wait time for Soarin’ had jumped to 30 minutes when Mom and I arrived at the Land. So, we decided to make a fast pass for it for 12:25-1:25 instead (about 30 minutes from now) and head back to Test Track- we didn’t want to leave Tom hanging!

When we returned, Tom was at the counter buying a baseball cap for his dad :goodvibes Tom’s dad is a huge car freak (and not a huge fan of Disney), so it was a perfect souvenir for him :laughing: The lady checking him out was super friendly!

I’m not sure if this was the exact hat Tom bought, but it looked a lot like this! As we exited the store, Tom commented, “I was talking with that lady for 10 minutes before you came in. Disney employees are soooo nice!” It was cool for him to experience the Disney charisma first-hand :earboy2:

We decided that we were satisfied with our time in Future World for now, and walked over to World Showcase! There were a couple rides in there that we wanted to show to Tom.

Gloomy gloomy gloomy clouds!

We made a hard left, said “See you soon” to Mexico, and entered Norway! We checked the wait time at Frozen Ever After, and it was only 30 minutes, so we decided to wait standby for it. Tom was a bit apprehensive; the only thing he knew about Frozen was that his 6-year-old niece, Lucy, was obsessed with it :lmao: Plus, we were getting spoiled; this was one of our longest projected wait times of the trip!

Even though the wait was pretty much 30 minutes on the dot, it passed by quick. The queue is so immersive and there’s lots to look at! Finally, we were on.

What’s the verdict?

See those beaming smiles? :hyper: Mom, on the other hand, looks like she smelled something yucky :rotfl2:

For some odd reason, Tom LOVED Frozen Ever After! Now, I’m not ripping on Frozen Ever After; I had never ridden Maelstrom before they got rid of it ( I know, shocking :eek: ), so I didn’t have any emotional connections to Norway before Frozen took over. I like Frozen Ever After, but 30 minutes is the maximum time I would wait for it.

But, Tom couldn’t stop talking about this ride! Even today, he brings it up literally all the time ::yes:: It was the first time he had really heard the song “Let It Go,” so I think the catchy song plus cool animatronics really won him over!

A few weeks ago, I decided to utilize this love of the ride and show him the movie Frozen! His underwhelming response was: “That was definitely a chick movie” :rolleyes2 Can’t win em all!

We continued the Frozen hype by looking in the Norway gift shop, which has turned into 90% Frozen merchandise. However, it made me smile when I saw my favorite chocolate bar!

I’ve raved about this in my past TRs, so I’ll give you the short story: In 2010, my BFF Leah and I were in Epcot and bought this Norwegian chocolate solely because of the ridiculously long name (Melkesjokolade). However, this was hands-down the best chocolate I’ve ever had! It is so creamy and rich and amazing; one bar is $10 but it’s so worth it. Of course, we bought a bar to share before heading on our merry way! :love:

Next Stop: Snacks and Refreshments Galore!

image.gif

Coming Soon- Day 4: Part 2- “I’m On Top Of The World, Hey!”

Last edited:
Fun morning! I'm glad you could take advantage of short wait times at Test Track and Frozen! So cute that Tom loved the Frozen ride so much, too bad he didn't feel the same about the movie!

Great update. Love to see how empty Epcot was! We were probably somewhere in GA, almost home to TN.

We were at Epcot the same day! We live in Orlando and had finished our hurricane prep, so we decided to go to Epcot. We also took advantage of the 30 minute wait for the Frozen ride. Because (as locals) we can never seem to get a fast pass for it, it was our first time getting to try it out. We also got to enjoy all of the food booths without fighting the crowds.

I truly love your report. I like your nostalgia pictures, because I remember when the park looked like that as well.

Totally unknown to me, Mom and I managed to pick the exact same answers for every question! Tom was dumbfounded... I guess the saying “Like Mother, Like Daughter” really applies to us :hug:
Of course you guys would!

For some odd reason, Tom LOVED Frozen Ever After! Now, I’m not ripping on Frozen Ever After; I had never ridden Maelstrom before they got rid of it ( I know, shocking :eek: ), so I didn’t have any emotional connections to Norway before Frozen took over. I like Frozen Ever After, but 30 minutes is the maximum time I would wait for it.
That is so cute that Tom loved that ride!

Great update! And I love that top you wore, so cute!

I loved Maelstrom, but I do like FEA, so it's all good!

I will have to try that chocolate when I am in Epcot (In 10 days!)

Haha, what makes the chair so amazing? I'll have to try it out! :laughing:

I don't know :rotfl: I sat in it when we went to BC to rest twice in May so now I always sit in it. It's one of the plush looking blue ones outside CMC.

Mom and I decided to create a car together while Tom was on his own. Of course, we made a girly pink car…

I love making pink cars!

I had never ridden Maelstrom before they got rid of it ( I know, shocking :eek: ), so I didn’t have any emotional connections to Norway before Frozen took over. I like Frozen Ever After, but 30 minutes is the maximum time I would wait for it.

Agreed. I also never rode Maelstrom either. We didn't start going to Disney until after it closed.

It was the first time he had really heard the song “Let It Go,”

Well that must be why! I was blown away the first time I heard it too. But I did already have a deep love of Idina Menzel's voice from listening to the Wicked soundtrack a million times.​

Really enjoying this TR. Reminds me of our trips with our daughter & boyfriend when she was younger!

Bit of a DIS binge and now I am all caught up! Your trip sounds fantastic so far, sounds like Tom had a great first experience.
tangible proof that someone out there in the universe actually reads what I write and shares my same passion for Disney :earboy2:

Got to love that about the DIS! I'm definitely the Disnerd of our family. I just booked our FP+ for our next trip and everyone is like "hmm cool" errr guys I got you FoP fast passes and planned some pretty cool stuff :confused3 but they all just say "yeh but when we get there it just all happens" :rotfl2: Only cos I've researched it and made a spreadsheet, tracked crowd numbers, opening times, planned FP+ to fit seamlessly together...!lol. But I am definitely like you that I can sometimes not enjoy myself for worrying that everybody else is having fun!

With you on Star Tours (and Harry Potter) I just can't handle simulators. My Dad and Husband love Start Tours so I've booked them FP+ and my Mum and I can just chill somewhere... might be my opportunity to check out the lounge at 50's Prime Time!

Haley prefers Universal to Disney ( I know, I know :sad2: )
Blasphemy!

36964064182_c449ed3909_z.jpg
At first I thought they had tape with the AKL logo printed on it and then I realized it was just clear saran wrap.

The couple behind you don't seem to be enjoying it as much as Tom :laughing:

Joining in! I was supposed to be at Disney at the end of your trip! 9-19th! Cruise 11-15, but Irma! We had to cancel everything (well DCL cancelled our cruise). Made it to Disney in October, we were supposed to cruise next month, but I got a new job so now we are going to do the cruise in November! I swear Irma is my nemesis! I am loving your report though! You guys seem like such a fun family! My dad would be the one hanging at the pool as well, except he hates Disney!

Fun morning! I'm glad you could take advantage of short wait times at Test Track and Frozen! So cute that Tom loved the Frozen ride so much, too bad he didn't feel the same about the movie!

We were definitely productive this morning! I couldn't believe the low wait times- one plus to the hurricane I suppose :rotfl: I was pretty surprised that Tom wasn't a huge Frozen fan... I still have to get him to watch Mulan one of these days :thumbsup2

Great update. Love to see how empty Epcot was! We were probably somewhere in GA, almost home to TN.

Thank you! It was crazy- I had NEVER seen Epcot that empty before!

We were at Epcot the same day! We live in Orlando and had finished our hurricane prep, so we decided to go to Epcot. We also took advantage of the 30 minute wait for the Frozen ride. Because (as locals) we can never seem to get a fast pass for it, it was our first time getting to try it out. We also got to enjoy all of the food booths without fighting the crowds.

I truly love your report. I like your nostalgia pictures, because I remember when the park looked like that as well.

Aww, too bad we missed you! That is so lucky just to be able to pop over to a Disney park whenever you feel like it! :goodvibes Thanks so much, I get so nostalgic over Disney and old pictures in general, glad someone feels the same way :)

Of course you guys would!

That is so cute that Tom loved that ride!

Haha, right? Sometimes I think Mom and I are the same person. And yes! He actually loved a lot of the princess rides, especially Frozen and Under the Sea :laughing:

Great update! And I love that top you wore, so cute!

I loved Maelstrom, but I do like FEA, so it's all good!

I will have to try that chocolate when I am in Epcot (In 10 days!)

Thank you! The top is Lily Pulitzer :)

Ahhh lucky duck! Definitely try that chocolate; it is so rich and creamy.. and I usually am not a fan of milk chocolate (I prefer dark chocolate)!

I don't know :rotfl: I sat in it when we went to BC to rest twice in May so now I always sit in it. It's one of the plush looking blue ones outside CMC.

I love making pink cars!

Agreed. I also never rode Maelstrom either. We didn't start going to Disney until after it closed.

Well that must be why! I was blown away the first time I heard it too. But I did already have a deep love of Idina Menzel's voice from listening to the Wicked soundtrack a million times.​

Glad that there's somebody else who doesn't really get the Maelstrom hype :laughing: And YES Let it Go is amazing... pretty sure I listened to it (and all of the covers) on a continuous loop for like 2 months after Frozen came out! Also listened to the Wicked soundtrack on a continuous loop back in high school :rotfl:

Really enjoying this TR. Reminds me of our trips with our daughter & boyfriend when she was younger!

Thank you so much :) Disney memories are the best memories!!

Bit of a DIS binge and now I am all caught up! Your trip sounds fantastic so far, sounds like Tom had a great first experience.

Got to love that about the DIS! I'm definitely the Disnerd of our family. I just booked our FP+ for our next trip and everyone is like "hmm cool" errr guys I got you FoP fast passes and planned some pretty cool stuff :confused3 but they all just say "yeh but when we get there it just all happens" :rotfl2: Only cos I've researched it and made a spreadsheet, tracked crowd numbers, opening times, planned FP+ to fit seamlessly together...!lol. But I am definitely like you that I can sometimes not enjoy myself for worrying that everybody else is having fun!

With you on Star Tours (and Harry Potter) I just can't handle simulators. My Dad and Husband love Start Tours so I've booked them FP+ and my Mum and I can just chill somewhere... might be my opportunity to check out the lounge at 50's Prime Time!

Hi!! :wave: Missed you and glad you're back :)

Haha, right? I feel like such a nerd planning everything in advance,but it's all worth it when my family thanks me for it later :thumbsup2

YES you should check out the Tune-In Lounge, it's so cute in there! Totally agree on simulators- I think the one that first scarred them for me was Body Wars back in 2000 :crazy2: (a simulator at Epcot that jerks you around and takes you inside the human body- no thanks!)

Blasphemy!

At first I thought they had tape with the AKL logo printed on it and then I realized it was just clear saran wrap.

The couple behind you don't seem to be enjoying it as much as Tom :laughing:

Right?! We laughed when we saw the garbage cans at first but realized that it was actually a really smart idea :lmao:

Haha, I don't know why so many people have stink faces on FEA, it's such a cool ride!! :confused3

Joining in! I was supposed to be at Disney at the end of your trip! 9-19th! Cruise 11-15, but Irma! We had to cancel everything (well DCL cancelled our cruise). Made it to Disney in October, we were supposed to cruise next month, but I got a new job so now we are going to do the cruise in November! I swear Irma is my nemesis! I am loving your report though! You guys seem like such a fun family! My dad would be the one hanging at the pool as well, except he hates Disney!

Hi and :welcome:

Oh no!! That must have been so sad to cancel your trip- I would have been beside myself! Glad you could make it back so soon... Irma definitely made things difficult.

Thank you so much for the kind words :goodvibes Haha, my dad doesn't hate Disney but hates lines and heat sooo.... :laughing:

Real-Life Update- Exciting News!!

Aloha my Disfriends! I interrupt this trip report to bring you all some news!

Because I like to do a lot of this…

image.gif

And Tom and I have little to no self-control…

image.gif

This Happened!!

That’s right! Disney 2018!!

party:

But wait, didn’t I say that 2018 would be a Disney-free year for me? Let’s back it up…

About 4 weeks ago, Tom and I were at his childhood home in Green Bay visiting his family. We exchanged Christmas presents, and his sister, Stephanie made me a BEAUTIFUL homemade photo album of all of our Disney pictures as a present :love: It was so thoughtful and one of my favorite Christmas presents I’ve ever gotten!

U

Well, as we were looking at the album together, I started to get the Disney blues HARD. Even though I have a lot of fun things to look forward to this year, none of them quite give me the butterflies that Disney World does. After we left Disney in September, Tom had struck me a deal: “If you want to go to Disney, I will go with you. As long as you pay for x and x, then I will pay for x and x.” Well, this deal was ringing in my ears, so I thought about it a little more…

Step 1- Do I Have the Money?

Well, I did get a promotion this year, plus I live with my parents ( no rent :thumbsup2 ), so I have been saving up a lot of my money. Plus, tax returns will also give me an extra boost. I pulled up my savings account, and I had more money saved up than I thought, so the money situation was cleared! :cool1:

Step 2- When to Go?

I love Disney World in September, but Haley’s wedding is in October and I want to spread out my PTO days. Plus, I would rather not go during prime hurricane season for a while- I learned my lesson from this year ::yes::

My second favorite time of year to go is May- I’ve been twice over Memorial Day weekend, and it has beautiful weather with moderate crowds. So, Memorial Day Weekend it is! (or is it?)

With these two points in my mind, I approached Tom. I made sure we were alone, and I started out with, “Ok, I have a proposition, and please don’t say ‘no’ right away…” :rotfl: Tom was like:

image.gif

Much to my surprise, he got really excited when I brought it up and told me to price things out! But, one problem; we can’t go over Memorial Day. It is both Tom and his Mom’s birthday, and they were planning a big celebration over Memorial Day. So, we started looking at prices for early June instead!

Step 3: How Long To Stay?

Since I have to take a week off in October for Haley’s wedding, I knew that I needed to ration my time off in 2018. No 10-day extravaganzas here! Tom and I mutually decided on 4 nights and 5 full days. Just enough to get a fix but not break the bank! :earboy2:

Step 4: Where to Stay?

Honestly, I was considering every resort on property at this point. I sent in a few quotes to my favorite travel agency, as well as priced things out directly through Disney. The front-runners were Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter, Coronado Springs, and All-Star Movies. The prices were definitely higher in June than they were in September, so I knew that we needed to be a bit more budget-friendly this time around. Until... I got a quote back from my good and trusty travel agency for the Deluxe resorts…

I’m such a sucker for the Deluxes, it’s really a problem. Since the price was good and I had plenty of money saved up, we decided to splurge and go with a room at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort(standard view), with 4-day park hoppers!!

image.gif

We booked it last weekend, and it’s official!! We will be in the World from June 8 - June 12!

We are both soooo excited already! It’s the perfect little trip to look forward to, and it’s especially exciting because it’s Tom and I’s first big trip all by ourselves :) There’s also a lot to celebrate; Tom’s birthday, my promotion, and 4 years together for us :goodvibes

I would love some advice for people who have gone to WDW during June before. I’m not worried about the heat- I’ve been at the end of May, end of August, and early September, so I can handle heat :sunny: I’m a bit worried about the crowd difference but trying not to dwell on it. I was expecting mass chaos with crowds in March 2017 and was pleasantly surprised then! I'm pretty savvy with FP+ so I'm sure we will be relying a lot on that.

Well, I was busting at the seams to tell you guys, so I’m glad I got it out! :hyper: I don’t think I’ll do a whole separate PTR for this trip (sometimes I run out of things to talk about on PTRS) :laughing: So, I will just give you guys some trip updates here and there on this TR! Regularly scheduled programming should be back up sometime this week :thumbsup2 Thanks for reading!!

image.gif

Yay for your Disney trip with just you two! Honestly I feel like there's no down time at Disney anymore but I have heard that the beginning of June isn't too bad because some schools are still in.

YAYYYYY for Disney 2018! When you said no Disney trip for 2018 I thought to myself "YEAH.....RIGHT!" :rotfl: I kid you not.

Can't wait to read that trip report!

How exciting to have a trip coming up for you two! We loved the Poly this past August!

Epcot was so quiet in your pictures, I have to try that chocolate bar in Norway. I love Chocolate!

I do like FEA it is cute! I am with you, a wait over 30, no way. Maelstrom was a cool ride! Andi saved a paper FP from it she has it on display in her room. She loved it.

Thank you! I will let you know how it goes.. I'm going to do at least one update on NYC once we're back :) I hope you're having so much fun on your trip RIGHT NOW! Please let me know how POFQ is... that resort has been on my list for quite a while!
I can't wait to hear all about NYC and dress shopping!

I am writing up all of my notes from our trip and will start a trip report at some point. But we really liked POFQ and will def stay there again. We didn't LOVE it, though. But I think that has to do more with the fast that is isn't a deluxe, it just can't compete with the lobby and overall feel of some of the Deluxes. That being said, we will more than likely stay there again, so def keep it on your list!

But, we use any excuse to make wings, buffalo dip, and cheese bread ::yes::
I love anything buffalo! We ended up watching the super bowl in our hotel room with the girls asleep in the bed next to us. And then watched This is Us. And I crying horribly the whole show!

Tom and I finally stirred around 9:15 and had a nutritious breakfast of Pop Tarts and coffee :laughing:
Breakfast of champions!

This was smart; I don’t think any of us would want garbage bins flying around the resort :scared1:
I don't know why, but this picture cracks me up!

Totally unknown to me, Mom and I managed to pick the exact same answers for every question! Tom was dumbfounded... I guess the saying “Like Mother, Like Daughter” really applies to us :hug:
Ohhhh I love it!

Unfortunately, the wait time for Soarin’ had jumped to 30 minutes when Mom and I arrived at the Land. So, we decided to make a fast pass for it for 12:25-1:25 instead (about 30 minutes from now) and head back to Test Track- we didn’t want to leave Tom hanging!
That is al to of walking back and forth across from the two attractions!

30 mins for Soarin' isn't too bad, though. I do love the trick of booking a fast pass when standing in front of an attraction with a long wait!

Even though the wait was pretty much 30 minutes on the dot, it passed by quick. The queue is so immersive and there’s lots to look at!

Tom LOVED Frozen Ever After! Now, I’m not ripping on Frozen Ever After; I had never ridden Maelstrom before they got rid of it ( I know, shocking :eek:
We missed out on Maelstrom as well. I think it makes you like Frozen ride better for sure.

I like Frozen Ever After, but 30 minutes is the maximum time I would wait for it.
30 minutes is a good length for pretty much any ride. It goes by pretty fast, as long as you keep moving.

I’ve raved about this in my past TRs, so I’ll give you the short story: In 2010, my BFF Leah and I were in Epcot and bought this Norwegian chocolate solely because of the ridiculously long name (Melkesjokolade). However, this was hands-down the best chocolate I’ve ever had! It is so creamy and rich and amazing; one bar is $10 but it’s so worth it. Of course, we bought a bar to share before heading on our merry way! :love:
I will have to get this next time! I am thinking of trying to get a candy/snack from each country next time. Snack around the world...

That’s right! Disney 2018!!
So jealous!!!!

It was so thoughtful and one of my favorite Christmas presents I’ve ever gotten!

Such a thoughtful gift!

I’m such a sucker for the Deluxes, it’s really a problem. Since the price was good and I had plenty of money saved up, we decided to splurge and go with a room at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort(standard view), with 4-day park hoppers!!
I am a sucker for Deluxes too! I hope you guys have an amazing time!

Yay, another trip!!! You will be there right after I'm there (June 5-7). Can't wait to hear all about your planning...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!