"Can I Get A Hangover Steak, Please?" An Adults-Only, Irma-Rific TR! - NEW PTR Link 4/11

Day 3: Part 5- “Goodness, Gracious, Great Balls Of Fire!”

Hi everyone! Where I last left off, we had just had an amazing and impromptu DISmeet! With big smiles, we headed on our next journey to Echo Lake.

We love Echo Lake, but our final destination was uncharted territory for us! We had never really ventured over by the Star Wars area, and since Tom is such a huge fan, we knew that we had to explore it some more. We had made a Star Tours FP for earlier in the day but ended up staying over by Sunset Boulevard instead. But, no worries- the line had been nonexistent all day! Disney in September (and in the midst of a hurricane), y’all :thumbsup2

Now, I was a bit nervous about Star Tours. My dad decided to skip out because he gets motion sick, and I was starting to regret my decision. It’s a simulator, and I tend to have problems getting dizzy and nauseous during simulator rides. No joke- when Haley and I rode Harry Potter’s Forbidden Journey over at Islands of Adventure in 2013, I had to close my eyes because I was 2 seconds away from upchuck city :crazy2:

image.gif

But, I was determined to give it a try, since Tom had so generously sacrificed himself for me to ride Tower of Terror :lovestruc The line was quick, but we managed to stop and get a pic!

The line was so cool! I like Star Wars..I wouldn’t consider myself a die-hard fan, but even I was impressed with the detail and immersive queue. Once we got into the seating capsule, my heart really started pounding because it was literally 90 degrees in there...yuck :scared:

So, what scenes did we get?

Honestly… I don’t even know :rotfl:

Yep, that’s right.. I kept my eyes closed the whole time! They were open for about 30 seconds at the beginning, but then I started to get pretty dizzy so I had to close them :sad2: Wah! I think it must be the combination between the still walls and the moving screen- I have the same issue if I sit too close to the side on Soarin’ and can see the wall in my direct line of vision.

I did keep my eyes open long enough to know that none of us were chosen as the Rebel Spy, which was bogus because we were 5 out of the 9 people in the ship :laughing: They chose a lady in front of us who was laughing really hard and really into it, so that was good at least! Everyone else enjoyed the ride, but nobody labeled it as a huge must-do or anything.

After our exciting ride, we peeked in the gift shop and watched a bit of the Jedi Training show. Tom looked so envious and ready to jump right in alongside those younglings! :lmao:

We were all starting to get hungry, so we decided to head off to our Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater ADR a bit early! I was sooo excited because Sci-Fi is my favorite Disney restaurant! We try to make it an every-trip tradition for us.

Haley and I in 2000 (hey, the peace sign was cool back then, ok?!?! :rotfl2: )

The whole fam in 2002!

We were kind of expecting a bit of a wait. Like O’hana, SciFi is very popular and usually has moderate waits. But, to our surprise, I received a text alert only 5 minutes after checking in! :woohoo:

We were sat in a car (yay), and I’m pretty sure we sat in this exact same car on our 2013 trip! Tom and I took the front, Mom and Dad were in the middle, and Haley and Ryan were in the back.

Sci-Fi Selfie!

Ahhh, I love this place so much. Tom liked it too, but wasn’t as over the moon as I expected him to be.

I think part of my love for Sci-Fi comes from nostalgia; I’ve been here so many times and it doesn’t feel like Disney unless we eat here! Fun fact- the first time I heard this music loop, I teared up because it took me right back :goodvibes

We ordered our drinks right away. I got my usual (a Vanilla Coke), while I’m pretty sure everyone else opted for waters or beers. Ryan made it a point to tell me that his beer was amazing- it was a Bear Republic Racer IPA for all of you beer snobs out there!

After we got our drinks and ordered our entrees, we took in the sights!

(Click on the video to play :) ) Listen for my dad’s voice and my giggle in the background :cutie:

Although watching the clips was so much fun, Tom did make a good point that this restaurant “wasn’t great for conversation” :rotfl:

We got our meals relatively quickly! I ordered the Caprese Sandwich and french fries.

I want to say that Tom ordered the Chicken Pasta- I ordered the shrimp pasta a few years ago and I was a big fan! Tom said that the food was good, but not great. I agree- we don’t come to Sci-Fi for the food, we come for the ambiance ::yes:: My sandwich was good, but a bit soggy. However, I will say that they have really seemed to broaden their menu over the years! Ryan ordered the seasonal specialty burger, The Southern Burger- a hamburger topped with bacon, pimento cheese, and a fried green tomato. He LOVED it and we all had major food envy!

For dessert, Haley and Ryan got the Turtle Cheesecake and Mom and Dad got the Sci- Fi House Made Candy Bar, while I decided to be extra gluttonous and order…

Fruit salad :laughing: But hey, there’s a method to my madness! We had a late ADR for Beaches and Cream tonight, and you best believe that I was saving up alllll of my appetite for an ice cream sundae :mickeybar

Overall, Sci-Fi was great as usual, and (of course) we will be back!

Tummies full to bursting, we knew that we needed to rest a bit before conquering more rides! Muppet Vision 3D fit the bill.

Haley, Mom, and I in 2002.

I stopped the family at the door to show them the key under the mat, but only Mom and Tom stayed to actually see it (brats :rolleyes2). I’m glad I have those two to humor me while I’m having a Disney obsession!

So, remember how I said that PhilharMagic was Tom’s second-favorite 3D movie of the trip?? Well, Muppet Vision took first!

If there’s anything you need to know about Tom, it’s that he possibly has the loudest and funniest laugh in the world. Seriously, it’s one of the things that first interested me about him :goodvibes Once he gets started, he has a crazy hyena laugh that can’t be contained!

image.gif

Naturally, Tom was cracking up the entire. show. He loved the parts with the little peanut gallery! My favorite has always been Sam Eagle’s bit- “It’s a glorious, 3-hour finale!” :lmao:

Ryan is a MASSIVE Muppets fan, so he was also having a ball. He and Haley have all of the Muppet movies on DVD and Ryan has so much Muppets memorabilia, it’s insane ::yes:: We looked inside Stage 1 Company Store, but we always have bad luck here and can never find anything. Mom and I have tried so hard to find a souvenir for Ryan the past few trips!

As we were browsing the shirts, I heard the song “Rainbow Connection” playing in the store. I always am blown away by how simple and beautiful this song is. I stopped for a moment to just listen to the music, and now the song will forever be a “Disney World song” to me :cloud9: I listened to it on a loop for a solid month after coming home, and I still play it every once in a while when I am missing Disney and need a pick-me-up :)

After browsing through the Muppets gift shop, the family headed towards Toy Story Midway Mania for a much-needed rematch. Could I beat the skilled Thomas in TSMM?!

Coming Soon- Day 5: Part 6- “Let’s Go To The Beach, Beach, Let’s Go Get Away!”

Great Disney fans think the same! We love Sci-fi and visit almost every visit!

The Muppets is a big favorite for Andi and I. I laugh and enjoy it every time! Love Sam Eagle, “but mostly America” we say that all the time.

What a fun afternoon! I remember going to Sci Fi when I was a kid but haven't been back since. I hope to go back one trip!

What a fun afternoon! I love Star Tours but I do understand the nauseous part, as depending on the day sometimes it makes me feel that way too. We just went to Muppet Vision on my trip this past weekend and I was pleasantly surprised. I hadn't done this is forever but it was a very well done show! I'm going to have to keep going on each trip!

Ha! That's so funny about the motion simulator rides, because they totally make me sick too. I have to keep my eyes closed on Star Tours as well (I thought I was the only one).:P
The Simpson's ride at Universal was the worst!!!!

After our exciting ride, we peeked in the gift shop and watched a bit of the Jedi Training show. Tom looked so envious and ready to jump right in alongside those younglings! :lmao:
I think there are MANY grown men with the same envy....

Honestly… I don’t even know :rotfl:

Yep, that’s right.. I kept my eyes closed the whole time!
Womp Waaaa... Glad you didn't get too sick, though.

Fruit salad :laughing: But hey, there’s a method to my madness! We had a late ADR for Beaches and Cream tonight, and you best believe that I was saving up alllll of my appetite for an ice cream sundae :mickeybar
Good Plan! The deserts are ok at Sci-Fi... Beaches and Cream sounds waaaay better!

Now, I was a bit nervous about Star Tours. My dad decided to skip out because he gets motion sick, and I was starting to regret my decision. It’s a simulator, and I tend to have problems getting dizzy and nauseous during simulator rides. No joke- when Haley and I rode Harry Potter’s Forbidden Journey over at Islands of Adventure in 2013, I had to close my eyes because I was 2 seconds away from upchuck city
Oh, I totally feel the same! But I think the heat actually helped my motion sick this trip, because I didn't have any issues on any of the rides! Maybe I was just so dehydrated my brain concentrated on that vs motion sickness! :scratchin

I was very behind due to little time on the DIS. We were at HS until about 3:00 and then went to MK for a Crystal Palace ADR. We were leaving for our drive to TN at 2:00 AM so don't think we stayed for HEA. We did see it earlier in the week. The parks were so dead this day!!!

Love your TR. Polynesian has a special place in my heart also , because my DH and I were married there. I'm sure you remember the hill where the two palm trees were located where the castle was right smack in the middle. That was where we were suppose to be married with the pink castle in the background. It rained all day long so it was moved inside upstairs where the gift shop is. It turned out really well, they did a great job and it stopped raining and my wedding pics got taken with castle. We always visited the Poly every yr until they tore down the palm trees:sad2:. I have been lucky enough to be part of WDW since the day they opened it just for the employees that made Disney possible. My stepfather did the tile work throughout DW so I went free alot back in coupon day. So I have enjoyed DW alot and glad to see you guys love it too especially when you were young.

Great Disney fans think the same! We love Sci-fi and visit almost every visit!

The Muppets is a big favorite for Andi and I. I laugh and enjoy it every time! Love Sam Eagle, “but mostly America” we say that all the time.

Sci-Fi is the best!! One of these days, I need to go to an actual drive-in movie :rotfl: And I hope they never get ride of MuppetVision! No matter how many times I've seen it and how outdated it is, it always makes me laugh!

What a fun afternoon! I remember going to Sci Fi when I was a kid but haven't been back since. I hope to go back one trip!

Ahh, you should really make a trip back to Sci-Fi :) Food is cheap for Disney and the ambiance can't be beat!

What a fun afternoon! I love Star Tours but I do understand the nauseous part, as depending on the day sometimes it makes me feel that way too. We just went to Muppet Vision on my trip this past weekend and I was pleasantly surprised. I hadn't done this is forever but it was a very well done show! I'm going to have to keep going on each trip!

Glad I'm not alone that all of those simulators make me sick! Not sure why, because I tend to do fine on roller coasters. And MuppetVision is super cute and will always be a family favorite for us :)

Ha! That's so funny about the motion simulator rides, because they totally make me sick too. I have to keep my eyes closed on Star Tours as well (I thought I was the only one).:P
The Simpson's ride at Universal was the worst!!!!

Thank goodness we're not the only ones! I felt like such a wimp! Tom was excited, because it was one ride that I couldn't do and he could! :rotfl2:YES, I had heard about all of the simulators at Universal and was starting to get very nervous...

I think there are MANY grown men with the same envy....

Womp Waaaa... Glad you didn't get too sick, though.

Good Plan! The deserts are ok at Sci-Fi... Beaches and Cream sounds waaaay better!

Haha, you're right, Tom probably isn't the only one :thumbsup2 I was glad I didn't get sick too, that would have totally ruined my day. It's funny, I've done Beaches and Cream for dessert the past 4 trips in a row, but never run out of things to try...it's amazing!

Oh, I totally feel the same! But I think the heat actually helped my motion sick this trip, because I didn't have any issues on any of the rides! Maybe I was just so dehydrated my brain concentrated on that vs motion sickness! :scratchin

Huh, that actually makes a lot of sense to me! Also if you weren't eating or drinking much there's not much to expel out of your body either... :crazy2: :lmao:

I was very behind due to little time on the DIS. We were at HS until about 3:00 and then went to MK for a Crystal Palace ADR. We were leaving for our drive to TN at 2:00 AM so don't think we stayed for HEA. We did see it earlier in the week. The parks were so dead this day!!!

Awww man, we just missed each other! I hope you had an amazing trip :goodvibes I'm so jealous you got to see HEA, that was hands-down my biggest regret of the trip. I agree, the parks were deserted and even more so the next few days... it's actually quite astonishing!

Love your TR. Polynesian has a special place in my heart also , because my DH and I were married there. I'm sure you remember the hill where the two palm trees were located where the castle was right smack in the middle. That was where we were suppose to be married with the pink castle in the background. It rained all day long so it was moved inside upstairs where the gift shop is. It turned out really well, they did a great job and it stopped raining and my wedding pics got taken with castle. We always visited the Poly every yr until they tore down the palm trees:sad2:. I have been lucky enough to be part of WDW since the day they opened it just for the employees that made Disney possible. My stepfather did the tile work throughout DW so I went free alot back in coupon day. So I have enjoyed DW alot and glad to see you guys love it too especially when you were young.

:welcome: and thank you so much for reading :)

What a lovely story about the Polynesian! It is probably my ultimate dream in life to get married there, it is so beautiful and an absolute oasis in the chaos that is WDW. :beach:

Wow, that is so awesome that you have so many Disney connections, I can imagine why it is so nostalgic for you. WDW is my home and I couldn't imagine my childhood without it's memories!

Day 5: Part 6- “Let’s Go To The Beach, Beach, Let’s Go Get Away!”

Hi friends! Time to (finally) finish up Day 3! I know I’ve been slow with this, but I’m hoping I can pound out more updates soon.

image.gif

I do have some exciting life news, though! Mom, Haley, and I are going to New York City for 3 nights at the end of February with Ryan’s mom and sister to look at wedding dresses :hyper: So, I might add in a little NYC trip report later on if you guys are interested as well!

Where I last left you, the fam was browsing in the MuppetVision 3D gift shop. However, we didn’t find anything to buy, so we decided to do one last go-around at TSMM! Tom had claimed it his favorite ride of the trip so far (what a coincidence, maybe it’s because he got the highest score out of all of us? :scratchin ). The more I ride Toy Story Midway Mania, the more I love it! It was kind of addicting to see how much you could beat your last score.

In line, we had noticed sort of a riding pattern this trip. Usually, Tom and I rode together, Mom and Dad rode together, and Haley and Ryan rode together. This ride, Mom said, “I wanna ride with Tom this time!” So, we switched things up. Haley rode with Dad, and I rode with Ryan!

This is how Ryan and I fared…

I WON! I was so excited; Ryan was beating me towards the end but I was able to rack up a lot of high-point targets! PLUS, I broke 100,000 :woohoo: My right arm felt like it was going to fall off!

Of course, Tom still beat me.

image.gif

Next time we’re in Disney together (whenever that may be), we’re definitely going to play TSMM ‘till we drop!

We still had a bit of time left to kill, so we meandered about DHS. We passed by Jen and her family again and said hi :) She told us to check out Launch Bay, since there were no waits for characters! We headed over to Launch Bay and looked around for a bit but decided to not meet the characters this time.

The last thing that we knew we wanted to do for the night was look in One Man’s Dream. As we were checking out all of the cool memorabilia, I realized that we should probably cancel our ADRS for Sunday and Monday. ( :sad: ) In addition, we also had to cancel my dad and Ryan’s tee time at the Palms Golf Course for Sunday. It felt really sad to cancel Narcoossee’s and Be Our Guest; especially Narcoossee’s because all of us were really looking forward to a nice, fancy dinner.

The CM on the phone for BOG was great, but the Narcoossee’s CM was a total snob :sad2: She didn’t say anything rude in particular, but her tone and overall short-ness left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Lady, this is the reason why people think that the Grand Floridian is uppity! :lmao:

I also called Art Smith’s Homecoming in Disney Springs as well, since we had a 9:00 ADR there tomorrow night and all parks were technically supposed to close right at 9. The CM on the phone asked us politely to come between 7:00 and 7:30 instead so they could start cleaning up and preparing for Irma early. No problem!

After looking through One Man’s Dream, we made it back to Hollywood Boulevard to get a family photo :cutie: This is our favorite (and possibly only) pic of the whole family this trip!

We then all split up in our couples to do some shopping, with strict orders to meet by the Fantasmic! entrance at 8:15. Tom and I looked in all of the shops down Sunset Boulevard, but didn’t buy anything. But, we did get good souvenir ideas for Disney Springs tomorrow!

We then all corralled and got our seats. We got pretty good seats on the right side of the theatre! The crowds were nonexistent, so we had no problem finding spots even though it was 10 minutes before the show started.

Once again, I have absolutely no Fantasmic! pictures to show you. Baaaaad DISer! :rotfl: But, we all loved it, especially Tom. He was so impressed! He’s not a theatre buff, but was saying things like “The music and choreography were just so amazing!” :laughing: I agree, Fantasmic is awesome and Sorcerer Mickey at the end always makes me tear up. I think we made the right decision to see Fantasmic! instead of Happily Ever After; I have a feeling that HEA will be around for a while.

Oh, and Mom didn't fall asleep during Fantasmic! this year (see 2016 TR)! #Smallvictories :rotfl2:

As we were exiting the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater, the Star Wars Fireworks were playing! :darth: We watched for a few minutes, then got on the boat launch headed for the Boardwalk. We had some ice cream to conquer!

While en route, the boat driver gave us all the lowdown on Irma and what would be happening the next few days, which was so appreciated. He explained everything in a clear, calm manner and also answered any questions the passengers had. We thanked him as we disembarked at the Beach Club, and he replied “No problem, just trying to help my guests” :goodvibes Mystery Epcot-area boat driver, you rock!

U

Super blurry, but I love the lights over the Yacht and Beach Club!

We still had about 45 minutes to kill before our 10:00 Beaches and Cream ADR, so we explored the YC/BC. We loooooove this resort area and it holds a special place in my heart; like the Poly, it feels very nostalgic.

I spent many hours swimming in this pool!

We explored the YC first.

Dad loves this resort and was really interested to see the information about the new wine bar.

What’s with this creepy monkey lamp though? :laughing:

We also looked in the Yacht Club gift shop. I had a resort pin on the brain (we stayed at the YC in 2013 and the BC in 2005)! I waffled between the YC and BC pins for a while- they were both so cute! Ultimately, I decided on a YC pin.

I love it so much! It looks perfect on my Disney cork board!

We also quickly popped into the BC! Even though these resorts are so similar, the lobbies are very different. I’m not sure which one I like more...if I had to pick one, I would say that YC is my favorite between the two because of the stronger theming. But the Beach Club is very whimsical!

Our feet were starting to hurt, but luckily, we didn’t have to walk much farther!

We were seated in a booth right away. We didn’t even have to look at the menus, we knew exactly what we wanted! We ordered 6 ice waters and…. Dun dun dun…

THE KITCHEN SINK! (with only half a can of whipped cream and no mint chocolate chip ice cream) :goodvibes Mom and I have been wanting to try this for so long but knew that we couldn’t take it on just the two of us. So, this was an absolute-must do for the trip! We are not used to eating dinner at 5:30 PM... we are usually late eaters so we were STARVING!

Another Disney light fixture picture while we waited. I want these in my bedroom!!

Then, it was time!! We love how they always make a big deal about announcing the Kitchen Sink. We were both excited and nervous, this sundae is pretty intimidating :eek:

Before...

And After!

Family: 1, Kitchen Sink: 0. We must have been famished because we had no problem finishing this baby! I’m pretty sure that Haley and I started verbally harassing each other over an Oreo cookie at some point :rotfl: Even though we demolished it, we were still all super full and practically had to waddle out the door!

So, would I order the Kitchen Sink again? Maybe, if I was with a big group of first-timers! But, the Kitchen Sink is so huge, plus a weird combination of all sorts of flavors, so it’s kind of a one-time thing. I will stick to my beloved No Way Jose Sundae next time!

We ventured back to the front of the BC and called two Ubers to share back to AKL. It was 11:00 at this point and we were POOPED!

On the cab ride, Tom and I discussed our plans for the next day. I may have mentioned this earlier in the TR, but our original plans were to head to Universal Studios the next day with Haley and Ryan and meet the parents later at Disney Springs. We knew that we were on our own to pay for tickets and we were totally fine with that. But, with Irma decreasing our park days, we weren’t sure if we wanted to spend additional money to go to Universal if we still would have extra Disney days at no cost to us. It was Tom’s idea to go to Universal in the first place, since his favorite TV show is the Simpsons and he desperately wanted to check out Simpsons Land.

Unfortunately, we decided to bite the bullet and toss our trip to Universal the next day :sad1: It just seemed financially irresponsible to spend $230 on tickets to another park when our Disney days were being cancelled. It was a tough decision, but we both weren’t too crushed by it because we knew that we could always go another time.

Of course, coming back to this beautiful resort definitely lightened our moods a bit :)

Me, Haley, Ryan, and Tom sat by the fire pit and looked at the animals for a bit before heading back to the room. Haley and Ryan were still planning to go to Universal tomorrow, and Dad had told them that he wanted to stay by the pool (shocker :lmao:). So Tom and I decided that we would go with my Mom to the park of her choice before Disney Springs!

Once we got back to the room, we showered and watched some TV before bed. This slip of paper was on each of our beds :scared1:

We flipped through channels and watched a bit of 2 and a Half Men before settling on Friends (my favorite TV show of all time!). We watched “The One Where Ross Meets Elizabeth’s Dad” and “The One With the Flashback” :rotfl2:

image.gif

Finally, we all conked out at 12:45 AM. Our Disney trip was about to get very interesting…

Coming Soon- Day 4: Part 1- “Got Me Feeling Like I’m Flying, Like I’m Out Of Space!”

Last edited:
What’s with this creepy monkey lamp though? :laughing:

:rotfl: so creepy!

We also quickly popped into the BC! Even though these resorts are so similar, the lobbies are very different. I’m not sure which one I like more...if I had to pick one, I would say that YC is my favorite between the two because of the stronger theming. But the Beach Club is very whimsical!

I love both lobbies too, and I think I'd pick YC too if I had to pick, but I have a favorite char in the BC lobby :laughing:

Unfortunately, we decided to bite the bullet and toss our trip to Universal the next day :sad1: It just seemed financially irresponsible to spend $230 on tickets to another park when our Disney days were being cancelled. It was a tough decision, but we both weren’t too crushed by it because we knew that we could always go another time.

I think you made the right decision. I hope you guys get to go on your next trip!

Great update! I also love YC/BC! So pretty and fun!

YAYYYYYYYY for wedding dresses! I think a NYC life update would be fun!::yes::

Sorry to hear about Universal, but can't wait to see what you end up doing!

How exciting that you'll be visiting NYC! Definitely would be interested in hearing about it :)

Great family photo!

Glad you all enjoyed Fantasmic (and that your Mom stayed awake ;))!

Wow you guys conquered the Kitchen Sink!! Very impressive!

Wow, a family portrait with everyone smiling? Something had to happen in the background????? Tigger behind the photographer is my guess. :tigger:

As a guy that has twin sons, we have never all three been in a photo with a smile together.

Totally love that you have incorporated the old photo's in your trip report. I have a feeling that really good family photo will be in some great trip reports for the years to come.

Oh man, Beaches and Cream! That is definitely on my "must do" list next time we're at WDW (in 587 days, but who's counting...). I had made an ADR for our February trip last year so I could have a No Way Jose on my 40th birthday (I LOOOVE peanut butter and ice cream). But when the day came, I was tired of dealing with people, so I cancelled the ADR and we ended up staying at our resort and watching The Lion King instead, which was the outdoor movie at CR/BLT that night. That happens to be one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time, so I figure it was meant to be. But you mentioning the No Way Jose makes me really want to try it next time (in 587 days)!

Dress shopping!!! How fun! Good Luck, I hope you ladies have a great time.

Oh, and Mom didn't fall asleep during Fantasmic! this year (see 2016 TR)! #Smallvictories :rotfl2:
Ha! Too funny!

It was a tough decision, but we both weren’t too crushed by it because we knew that we could always go another time.
It's like choosing your favorite child! It's a no win situation.

I do have some exciting life news, though! Mom, Haley, and I are going to New York City for 3 nights at the end of February with Ryan’s mom and sister to look at wedding dresses :hyper:

How exciting!! :D

I WON! I was so excited; Ryan was beating me towards the end but I was able to rack up a lot of high-point targets! PLUS, I broke 100,000 :woohoo: My right arm felt like it was going to fall off!

:cool1:

Of course, Tom still beat me.

image-gif.298711

Naturally. :rotfl:

This is our favorite (and possibly only) pic of the whole family this trip!

This is such a cute photo!!

It stinks that you had to make the choice, but it totally makes sense. Maybe next time!

We flipped through channels and watched a bit of 2 and a Half Men before settling on Friends (my favorite TV show of all time!). We watched “The One Where Ross Meets Elizabeth’s Dad” and “The One With the Flashback” :rotfl2:

image-gif.298710

:rotfl::rotfl:

I'm late to the party, but hopping on to this TR! The title caught my eye because we were going on a Universal trip shortly after Irma so we were watching the progress and aftermath very closely! Just the year before we'd had to adjust our WDW arrival because of Matthew, so while I didn't experience either storm while in Orlando, I can sympathize with the stress it can put on planning a vacation.

I'm loving it so far! I just read it all today so I couldn't possibly comment on every single thing that stood out, but I will say that Tom thinking you planned your meal at Crystal Palace around Friendship Day made me laugh! It's so fun to read his reactions as a first timer.

Looking forward to more!

1) If you loved Rock of Love, you need to watch Flava of Love. It has even better drama and the glorious "New York" who I'm super disappointed isn't in Celebrity Big Brother (but at least I get Omarosa)

2) Its interesting to see your take on Irma. You see, I'm from Naples, FL. I was directly hit with the brunt of the storm and seriously was one of the scariest thing I have ever lived through. We couldn't evacuate thanks to the my husband's job and by the time we could have left - all the gas was gone. I know it died down a bit before it hit Orlando so you guys didn't get the Cat 3 we did. I think next time - we may just evacuate to Disney World with our dog(s) like other people did.

3) Smart move on cancelling your Universal time. If Star Tours gave you a headache, the constant 3D rides at Universal will drain on you. I did Universal Hollywood in January 2017 and Universal/Islands of Adventure in July 2017 and at the end of the day for both those visits - I was so off balance and felt sick. Too much motion sickness and usually I am ok!

4) Yay for upgrade to Savannah View!

5) Your days seem to go go go! I haven't done that in years but you really are getting a lot done in your trip! Thats awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!