"Can I Get A Hangover Steak, Please?" An Adults-Only, Irma-Rific TR! - NEW PTR Link 4/11

Love LeFou's brew! It's a nice drink to have at night and just relax after a full day in the park.

WOW, Tom really was happy to see Buzz!

That photo of you guys on the people mover should be in a frame if not already. What a great photo!

Haha, right?! And aww, thanks :) We love the People Mover!!

Frontierland. Big thunder is my favourite ride. The shorter version of the story is that when I was 9 on my family’s first trip to Florida, my dad thought that my very first roller coaster should be a MONSTER at Circus World called the Roaring Tiger (google it, it was a real thing). I was traumatized by that experience. The next week at WDW I was nervous to try Big Thunder, but I conquered it and was proud of myself. So that’s partly why Frontierland is my favourite. Plus I just enjoy the old west and the music.

Haha, as I'm writing this, I'm listening to the Frontierland music loop on Youtube! Thought you'd enjoy this:

Big Thunder is a perfect first roller coaster! Even though it wasn't your REAL first, it's awesome you have such a vivid memory of it :goodvibes

Ahhh, the Roaring Tiger reminds me of the American Eagle at Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, Illinois! Very fun, but very rickety :scared1:

They do look pretty funny :rotfl:

That's actually terrifying! I don't like the mask. But I ddi see one I thought about getting Jenna's baby that was a Donald Duck onesie without the mask but with the hat.

I love Tomorrowland too! Josh and I were just talking about how we spend way too much time in Tomorrowland especially during the parties.

You forgot Liberty Square which is great because of the Haunted Mansion!

That's how I looked when I met Nick Wilde :rotfl:

Buzz looks angrier back then :laughing:

Hahahah, it's not a mask, it's a hat :) Still agree that it's a bit creepy though, I would just leave out the hat altogether!

Ahhhh, I totally did forget about Liberty Square! I love it because of Haunted Mansion and Liberty Tree Tavern ::yes::

Buzz looks sooooo angry :rotfl2: His eyebrows!!!!!

This is totally my favourite too, so yummy! I've never been to Peru but when my friend went on honeymoon my input was "you've got to try Inca Kola!" :rotfl2:

Wow look how uncrowded that shot is!

Haha yes *every* morning in Florida! My Scottish hair does not do humidity!!

It's so upsetting when this happens! And then your group looks at you like "but you're the expert, how did you not handle this?!"

Same as you, Main St USA wins hands down, it's all the hidden easter eggs, the effort of all the design and it always looks amazing done up for special holidays. But I agree with you that it depends on mood sometimes. My strongest memory from childhood is Tomorrowland but it's probably my least favourite area now...

Haha, love the story about Inca Kola! And we always talk about how uncrowded the parks were back then; and that was even the week of Halloween!!

Ahhh Main Street USA... I look at it, and I'm at home :goodvibes

LeFou's brew is so good! You wouldn't think those flavors would go together but they do!

What a fun time in Tomorrowland! Yay for Tom getting to meet Buzz, love the pictures!

It's so refreshing! And Tom was so excited; that was one character that he was really hoping to meet and his wish came true!

I'm kinda like you where each land brings a different type of love and happiness to me. But if I had to pick one, it would be Adventureland. I get so happy and giddy when I walk into the land. No matter how tired I am. Although my favorite rides are in Frontierland.

Adventureland is just such a relaxing atmosphere! I really should do the Tiki Room soon, we haven't done it in so long and that's one of Adventureland's original attractions!

We didn't try it, but maybe I will next year!

Oh no! But I can imagine that happening on Space Mountain-it's sooo rough!

Yes you should! With a huge cinnamon roll too :lovestruc

Haha, Space Mountain is so rough, I feel like one of these guys whenever I'm on it!

The pics with Buzz are adorable! Glad Tom got to meet one of his favorites. The old photo is super cute, too!

I love all the lands, but Adventureland is my favorite. We always start every visit to Magic Kingdom there and the music always makes feel like we have arrived.

Thanks :) Thats really cool that you always start with Adventureland... we started with Adventureland once and it was soooo nice and uncrowded!

Looks like an awesome time, I love Philharmagic and People Mover, two faves for sure. Tom looks so happy meeting Buzz, what a fun meet. I totally agree how each land has its specialty!

It was a super fun meet! Philharmagic and the People Mover are definitely must-dos for us! It doesn't feel like a trip to MK without them :)

Definitely Tomorrowland, for a few reasons. Maybe my favorite ride in all of WDW is Space Mountain. Without a doubt, my wife's favorite ride in all of WDW is the PeopleMover. I also really enjoy Carousel of Progress. Plus, I was always a big SciFi geek when I was a kid, so the whole "future that never was" aspect of the land is very appealing to me, too. Oh, and it is probably the best area in WDW to be at night. Well, maybe Main Street USA would top it. But Tomorrowland is a close second in my book.

I had to quote this, because I'm the exact opposite. In "real life", I am super introverted, anti-social, and shy. But for some reason around the characters, I'm really talkative and engaging; almost to the point that I wonder if people behind us in line think I'm a little loony, being 40 years old and that eager to interact with Mickey Mouse.

Carousel of Progress is THE BEST! We rode it later in the trip and Tom didn't really "get it" :laughing: But I totally agree with Tomorrowland at night; there's nothing like it!!

Haha, be proud of your ability to interact with characters! All I have to say in a character meet is, "Umm....Um.... Ummm...." :rotfl:

Oooh, I'm joining late, and I REALLY hope I can keep up. I"ve become a horrible DISser of late. But I'm totally intrigued. Also, your dad looks like my high school Government teacher. But his name was Pete, so it's not the same guy. :)

Haha, not the same guy but that's too funny that he has a doppleganger! :goodvibes So glad you joined, have been reading along on your TR and I have to say, I LOVE all of your Wisconsin tee shirts!!

Is that supposed to be a mask or a hat? How would the baby breathe? I'm so confused!!!

I feel you on this so much!! I love the music in each land too. It's like choosing my favorite country in WS, I just can't do it.

He's so happy!! I love it! I'm so happy he's loving WDW so much because that's how I wish my BF would be but he likes Universal better.

Hahahahah, it's a hat!!

Ooooh favorite country in WS is so hard too! I'll have to ask that when I'm writing about our next Epcot day! :scratchin

Haha, different strokes for different folks! You'll hear a bit about Universal later in the trip...

Love LeFou's brew! It's a nice drink to have at night and just relax after a full day in the park.

It's so refreshing and addicting! ALMOST as good as frozen Butterbeer, but not quite in my opinion :thumbsup2

LOVE those Buzz photos...too cute!

We have yet to try LeFou's Brew but you make it sound delicious!

Thanks! :) It really is delicious! If you need a switch-up from your typical slushy it's the perfect choice!

Awe. So great Tom got to meet his hero.

I bet you can imagine where my mind is going with this title. LOL

Haha, they had a cute little bromance :rotfl2:

And ya know.... I thought about the connotation with this lyric but decided to post it anyway because 1. We did have a delightful afternoon, 2. We had some cocktails, and 3. We stayed out until late at night... Just trying to keep it literal! :rotfl:

Day 2: Part 4- “Afternoon Delight, Cocktails, And Moonlit Nights!”

Greetings from Tomorrowland! Where I last left you, Tom was fangirling over his childhood hero, Buzz Lightyear :laughing: What better way to keep the love going than to ride Buzz’s ride directly after?!

I had shown Tom a few pictures of this ride before the trip, and he was pretty pumped for it. He’s very competitive, and one of his favorite movies is Toy Story, so it’s perfect for him! I had made FPs for Buzz after we rode Space Mountain, but the line was nonexistent anyway :thumbsup2 It was a nice change; when I was at WDW in March with my friends, the line for Buzz was usually an hour long!

Tom and I rode in the same car, of course! I love the ride photo on Buzz; it captures everyone’s game face so well!

Why so serious? :lmao:

That focus, though!

Tom looks goofy, and I look like I’m giving Zurg the evil eye! :cool:

All in all, this is how I fared…

Terrible, but actually not bad for me ::yes:: Tom whooped my butt, of course…

And he doesn’t even know where the super-secret targets are! I know where they are, and I still do terrible every time?! I’ve always been notoriously bad at video games; I remember when I was little, Haley would always make fun of me for falling off of the track while playing Mario Kart! :rotfl2:

After Buzz Lightyear, we decided to take the scenic route to our last land of the day- Adventureland! First stop on our way: Mad Tea Party!

Haley, Ryan, and Dad skipped out, so it was just Mom, Tom and me in one cup! Tom really likes the teacups; I joke that it’s because it’s the only ride in WDW that he’s familiar with :rotfl: He whipped it around super fast, of course!

We all needed a drink of water after that, and what better place to stop than the prettiest bathrooms in the World?

As we were hanging out by Rapunzel’s castle, Mom and Haley noticed that they were matching with their Lilly Pulitzer outfits :cutie:

I pointed out that my dad also matched with his preppy attire, so he joined in!

I was outcasted from the family photo for being “too boring and not bright enough” :sad: Thanks, fam!

After some more walking, we finally reached Adventureland! We had only one ride on the brain, and that was Pirates of the Caribbean!

You may have noticed something missing from this TR. How could Molly go to Magic Kingdom without riding her favorite ride, Splash Mountain?? :confused3

Well, sadly, Splash Mountain was closed for refurbishment for our entire trip. :sad1: You may have seen this quote in 2016 TR, when I was talking about ride closings…

"As long as they don't get rid of Splash Mountain or Wishes, I'm good!"

:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

Thanks a lot, Disney. To twist the knife, while I was lamenting about not riding Splash, Mom turned to the rest of the family and said:

“It’s not a huge deal to me that we’re not riding Splash Mountain this trip, since we rode it ad nauseum last year!”

image.gif

Between this and leaving me out of the family photo, I was starting to question her Disney loyalty!!

Oh, and a little side note; even though I am very sad that Disney took away Wishes, I loooooove Happily Ever After and think that it is the perfect replacement! :goodvibes

We were walking to Pirates when my mom got a text from my grandma. Grandma had been texting us nonstop for the past few days and was worried about Hurricane Irma. My grandma had asked Mom, “How’s the weather holding up there?” and Mom sent her this picture back:

:rotfl2:

Not a cloud in the sky! No need to worry, at least not yet ::yes:: We had really lucked out with the weather today; warm, sunny, and not a drop of rain!

When we made it over to Pirates, we saw a posted wait time of 25 minutes. We were in no rush, it was about 4:15 and we didn’t really have to leave the park until 5:30ish. Plus, we knew that Pirates would be a perfect last ride for the afternoon!

The wait was pretty much 25 minutes on the dot! The ride was awesome as usual, and nobody got wet :woohoo: We got momentarily stuck at my dad’s favorite scene, so I managed to get a pretty clear shot!

In Tom’s opinion, we had saved the best ride for last! He looooooved Pirates. I knew he would because he’s a big fan of the movies and Pirates is just a quintessential “boy ride” to me! When I pointed out the amazing smell at the beginning, Tom immediately said, “You should get a candle of that!” :lmao:

I’m a huge fan of Spireside Candles, which is basically a candle company on Etsy that specializes in WDW-specific scents :lovestruc I have the candle melts of “Floridian,” “Main Street Confectionary,” “Rome Burning” and “Splash Down.” You guys the “Floridian” candle is literally an exact duplicate of the GF’s lobby. As soon as I smelled it, I almost burst into tears!

Spireside also has a scent called “The Black Pearl,” wh
ich is supposedly the smell from the cannonball scene. I’ve heard mixed reviews about it, but I might pull the trigger now! Has anyone else tried this scent/other scents from Spireside?!

It was 5:00 when we got off of Pirates, and we still had some wiggle room. Our plan was to get some drinks at Trader Sam’s before our 7:25 O’hana ADR, but we still had a little bit more time to spend in MK. Well, we were in Adventureland, so….

image.gif

Dole Whip Time! Mom and Haley went with the good ole soft-serve, while Dad decided on a pineapple juice float. I, however, had something else in mind…

I had seen this on the Disney Food Blog a few days prior to the trip, and I was like OH YES! So, I made a beeline for Sunshine Tree Terrace instead and ordered this beauty…

Yes, yes, yes. If you haven’t noticed already, I’m really quick to give out compliments to Disney (I mean, I love WDW, and I have a really hard time finding fault with it ::yes::) But this is sooo worth my hype, you guys. I’ve always loved Dole Whips, but felt like they needed a little extra oomph. This is the perfect “oomph,” in my opinion! The soft serve got all melty into the orange soda, and the flavors complimented each other so well!

Everyone tried a little sip of it, and all agreed that it was the best of the 3 :yay: I was so happy that I had seen that article on Disney Food Blog, otherwise I would have never known that this would have existed! This will be a go-to snack in MK from now on; I’m never going back!

We decided to head on out after enjoying our tasty treats!

We stopped at the Emporium to have a quick look around, when I made Tom take a picture of this :)

On our 2015 trip, I sent Tom this picture of me, so it was only fair that I had one too!

This is still the picture icon for me in Tom’s phone contacts today :love:

One last view of this beauty…

We were keeping the tropical theme going tonight by heading on over to Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort! Tom already knows that this is where we are spending our honeymoon if we ever get married, so he was excited to see it up close :laughing: Would it live up to my hype?!

Coming Soon: Day 2: Part 5- “Where Troubles Melt Like Lemondrops, High Above The Chimney Tops... That’s Where You’ll Find Me!”

Last edited:

Hahahah, it's not a mask, it's a hat :) Still agree that it's a bit creepy though, I would just leave out the hat altogether!

It still kind of creeps me out :laughing: You have to find the one without the hat if they have it anymore, it's sooo cute! @Neverland_Girl thought it was a mask too :rotfl: so I wasn't the only one.

This will be a go-to snack in MK from now on; I’m never going back!

Now they have pineapple upside down cake with Dole Whip on top!

On our 2015 trip, I sent Tom this picture of me, so it was only fair that I had one too!

:laughing: I bought Josh a small statue that looked like this (minus Mickey) at Universal on our first trip.

Spireside also has a scent called “The Black Pearl,” which is supposedly the smell from the cannonball scene. I’ve heard mixed reviews about it, but I might pull the trigger now! Has anyone else tried this scent/other scents from Spireside?!

I haven't tried Spireside but I have a couple from Walter & Rosie Candle Co. and they smell pretty good. I got the Polynesian scent and I'm just waiting for summer to burn it! They don't last very long though.

I had seen this on the Disney Food Blog a few days prior to the trip, and I was like OH YES! So, I made a beeline for Sunshine Tree Terrace instead and ordered this beauty…

OMG I did not know this existed! The dole whip float doesn't sound good to me but this sounds amazing!! I blame my love of orange soda on Kenan & Kel.

It still kind of creeps me out :laughing: You have to find the one without the hat if they have it anymore, it's sooo cute! @Neverland_Girl thought it was a mask too :rotfl: so I wasn't the only one.
It makes that poor child look like his head is gigantic! Like a mini-Jimmy Neutron.

I’m a huge fan of Spireside Candles, which is basically a candle company on Etsy that specializes in WDW-specific scents :lovestruc I have the candle melts of “Floridian,” “Main Street Confectionary,” “Rome Burning” and “Splash Down.” You guys the “Floridian” candle is literally an exact duplicate of the GF’s lobby. As soon as I smelled it, I almost burst into tears!

Spireside also has a scent called “The Black Pearl,” wh
ich is supposedly the smell from the cannonball scene. I’ve heard mixed reviews about it, but I might pull the trigger now! Has anyone else tried this scent/other scents from Spireside?!

I am obsessed with Disney inspired candles and I have to say I was so disappointed in Spireside! Walter & Rosie Co is my FAVORITE (their Foolish Mortals and Beach Club are UNREAL), and I also love Wishes Candle Co (their candles are glittery AND come with a free pin inside!)

What a fun end to your MK day! Sounds like Tom was really enjoying the rides you were introducing him to :)

He loved them! :) He said that Magic Kingdom was a close second favorite park for him, his first-place spot is yet to come!

Now they have pineapple upside down cake with Dole Whip on top!

:laughing: I bought Josh a small statue that looked like this (minus Mickey) at Universal on our first trip.

Haha, I'm thinking that I'm actually in the minority for thinking the hat is cute :rotfl2:

Ooo that cake sounds super good :hyper: Is that at Aloha Isle or Sunshine Tree Terrace?!

I haven't tried Spireside but I have a couple from Walter & Rosie Candle Co. and they smell pretty good. I got the Polynesian scent and I'm just waiting for summer to burn it! They don't last very long though.

OMG I did not know this existed! The dole whip float doesn't sound good to me but this sounds amazing!! I blame my love of orange soda on Kenan & Kel.

It makes that poor child look like his head is gigantic! Like a mini-Jimmy Neutron.

What does the Polynesian candle smell like?! I was debating on getting that one from Spireside, but I've come to realize that the Poly doesn't have as strong of a smell as some of the other resorts. It more or less just smells like tropical flowers!

Hahahahah Keenan and Kel is amazing :rotfl: All That was my childhood! It was so yummy and refreshing, I have to say I preferred it to the Lefou's Brew!

Jimmy Neutron is the best, but he does have a quite gigantic head :laughing: Even with a gigantic head, the baby is adorable haha!

OH Man I want a Citrus Swirl float right now!:lovestruc:lovestruc

Great update!

Thank you! :goodvibes It's perfect, I may try to make one on my own this summer! (But it won't be half as good as Disney's version)

I am obsessed with Disney inspired candles and I have to say I was so disappointed in Spireside! Walter & Rosie Co is my FAVORITE (their Foolish Mortals and Beach Club are UNREAL), and I also love Wishes Candle Co (their candles are glittery AND come with a free pin inside!)

Ooo, I've never tried any other Disney candle companies! A free pin inside the candle may just sway me :scratchin

I will say that Spireside was very hit or miss for me. The "Floridian" and "Main Street Confectionary" candles were AMAZING- one smell took me straight back to Disney World! :love: "Splash Down" was okay; Disney Water has a very distinct smell and it didn't quite capture it for me. "Rome Burning" was straight up awful, it smelled like burning hair and nothing like Rome on Spaceship Earth :sad2:

Real-Life Update- Random Disney Merchandise Edition!

Hello friends! This is my ceremonial “first real-life update” on this new TR!

image.gif

I did them all the time on my 2016 TR, and I feel like they are a fun way to learn about the non-Disney side of people. If you are here for strictly WDW business, no worries; I will have a TR update for you all sometime near Thanksgiving :)

Of course, even though I’m not in Disney at the moment, my real-life updates are usually filled with Disney ::yes:: Tom and I managed to score some cool Disney merchandise these past few weeks!

For me, it was this pair of PJs from Kohl’s!

I had been looking for a pair of PJs for a while, and these definitely caught my eye. They are super warm and cozy, and perfect for Christmas :goodvibes

But, these PJs pale in comparison to Tom’s awesome finds! Last weekend, Tom and I went back to Tom’s childhood home in Green Bay to visit his parents and siblings. We helped out his sister at a flea market on Saturday, where she was selling some of her painted ceramic figurines. Well, of course, a flea market means antiques!

Whenever Tom and I go to antique stores or flea markets, we are always searching for some vintage Disney items. A few years ago, I found a Mickey Mouse ear hat from Disneyland in the 1970’s for $7, and I DIDN’T BUY IT. I regret it so much to this day :sad2:

image.gif

Luckily, Tom didn’t have the same lapse in judgment and got two really cool souvenirs. The first was this awesome coin bank (for $3!)

When you press the button on the bottom, Buzz says, “I am Buzz Lightyear, I come in peace!” and a little song plays :rotfl: As soon as Tom saw it, he was obsessed (and you already know that Tom is a huge Buzz Lightyear fan :laughing: )

Then, we saw this beautiful lithograph in a nice frame for only $10!

(picture compliments of the Internet). I had tried to take a picture of the actual print, but it was already hanging on Tom’s wall and was too high for me to get a good quality photo :lmao: One of Tom’s main gripes with Disney World was that there wasn’t enough Hercules stuff! Tom’s favorite Disney movie is Hercules, and I will admit that it’s an extremely underrated Disney movie. He was trying to look for some Hercules souvenirs, but only found a few plushies of Pegasus and the Hercules shirt that I bought him two years ago :rotfl2: So, he was very happy to have something Hercules in his room!

The seller was super nice; he chased us down a few minutes after we bought it to also give us the original envelope it came inside :)

Tom said that he almost likes the envelope more than the picture, because it has his favorite Disney character on it: Hades!

Seeing this lithograph reminded me that I actually have one of these too! I’ve been keeping it in my room and debating on hanging it up. I found it in the basement when we were finishing it awhile back! It’s a Pocahontas one :cutie:

The envelope!

The print! Isn’t it pretty?! I love Pocahontas; it’s one of my favorite Disney movies and has my all-time favorite soundtrack/score.

The gold seal on the bottom reads: “Exclusive Commemorative Lithograph- The Disney Store 1995.” My mom thinks that we must have gotten it for free after spending a certain amount of money at the Disney store back in the 1990s. So, in reality, Tom paid $10 for something that we got for free :rotfl: But, it’s very nostalgic of the 90s and an awesome decoration!

I’ve also found some nice Disney CDs over at Goodwill during the past few weeks. I have a car that was made in 2006, so it has an awesome 6-disk CD player. I'm always on the hunt for good CDs! This has been in my CD player for a while now:

Did anyone else listen to Disney Mania?! I was OBSESSED with these CDs when I was little and I have pretty much all of them. Basically, the concept of Disney Mania is having classic Disney songs covered by current pop artists!

This is the first one in the series! You can tell, because the "modern" pop stars are Jessica Simpson, Hilary Duff, and Aaron Carter :rotfl2: I actually did have this CD beforehand, but it’s scratched beyond repair so I couldn’t play it :sad: So, I was very happy when I found this! This, in my opinion, is the best Disney Mania of the bunch. I was really into S Club 7 when I was younger, and their version of “Can You Feel The Love Tonight” is one of my favorites! I also love “Hakuna Matata” by Baha Men and “Beauty and the Beast” by Jump 5. Fun Fact- they always play Disney Mania songs while you’re waiting for Fantasmic to start over at DHS :thumbsup2 I geek out over it every time!

I also found this gem (both CDs were only 99 cents!)

This is a really nice CD! Pixar has some great soundtracks, and it really makes me miss WDW since they play so many of these songs in the parks. My favorites off this CD are “The Flik Machine” from A Bug’s Life, “Our Town” by James Taylor (from the movie Cars), “The Cleaner” from Toy Story 2, and “Le Festin” from Ratatouille :goodvibes

I’m starting to come to terms that we don’t have any plans to go to WDW in 2018, but I am ok with that! I’ve been to Disney World a lot these past 2 years, and this year we have some other priorities that just don’t make a WDW trip feasible. Haley and Ryan are getting married in October 2018 in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina!! So, we will be there for at least a week during the wedding and possibly another week earlier in the year to get everything all ready :hyper: Hey, I heard that there’s a DVC resort on Hilton Head Island, maybe we could check that out! :laughing:

Haley also wants to go wedding dress shopping in NYC this winter! I am soooooo for this and I’m pushing her to book it, haha! NYC is amazing; we went as a family when I was a junior in high school and I loved every minute of it. The lights, the Broadway shows, the shopping, ahhhh! :love: So, needless to say, I will be plenty busy in 2018. My mom says that me and her will be back in WDW sometime in 2019 :earboy2:

That’s about all I have for Disney/life news! I should have a TR post up sometime later in the week finishing up Day 2. Oh, and to my (American) Disfriends…

image.gif

See Ya Real Soon!

Last edited:
What awesome finds!

Even though no Disney in 2018, you still have so many exciting things to look forward to!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

My mom thinks that we must have gotten it for free after spending a certain amount of money at the Disney store back in the 1990s.

These lithographs used to come with the movies when you pre-ordered them at the Disney Store. I have that exact Pocahontas one framed and on the wall of my Pluto room! I also have five or six more framed and about 20 more of them tucked away in a closet somewhere so I probably have the Hercules one too.

Did anyone else listen to Disney Mania?! I was OBSESSED with these CDs when I was little and I have pretty much all of them. B

Yep! I've got quite a few of those. My favorite is the Jonas Brothers version of Pirates.

This is a really nice CD! Pixar has some great soundtracks

Got this one too! I can't remember when or where I got it from though.

“Our Town” by James Taylor (from the movie Cars), “The Cleaner” from Toy Story 2,
I love Our Town but never realized it was James Taylor! I enjoy his music. I also enjoy The Cleaner. It’s one of the catchiest little tunes I’ve ever heard. That CD was a great find.

Enjoy your thanksgiving!

I remember when I was little, Haley would always make fun of me for falling off of the track while playing Mario Kart! :rotfl2:

Story of my life:rotfl: We got to the point where no one in my family would play against my brother because he could drive all of the courses with his eyes closed! :sad2::laughing:

Well, sadly, Splash Mountain was closed for refurbishment for our entire trip. :sad1: You may have seen this quote in 2016 TR, when I was talking about ride closings…

"As long as they don't get rid of Splash Mountain or Wishes, I'm good!"

AGH MY HEART! :sad: #RIPWishes

Such a bummer about Splash, too!

To twist the knife, while I was lamenting about not riding Splash, Mom turned to the rest of the family and said:

“It’s not a huge deal to me that we’re not riding Splash Mountain this trip, since we rode it ad nauseum last year!”

Ouch.

Oh, and a little side note; even though I am very sad that Disney took away Wishes, I loooooove Happily Ever After and think that it is the perfect replacement! :goodvibes

YES! I was really worried that I wouldn't love HEA the way I loved Wishes, but the more I listen to the soundtrack, the more I love it!

So, I made a beeline for Sunshine Tree Terrace instead and ordered this beauty…

Yes, yes, yes. If you haven’t noticed already, I’m really quick to give out compliments to Disney (I mean, I love WDW, and I have a really hard time finding fault with it ::yes::) But this is sooo worth my hype, you guys. I’ve always loved Dole Whips, but felt like they needed a little extra oomph. This is the perfect “oomph,” in my opinion! The soft serve got all melty into the orange soda, and the flavors complimented each other so well!

Oh my stars. That looks AMAZING.

Did anyone else listen to Disney Mania?! I was OBSESSED with these CDs when I was little and I have pretty much all of them.

YES YES YES! So glad I am not the only one who knows what this is. I still listen to these LOL:rolleyes1

What a fun update. You scored some nice things at the flea market. You will definitely be very busy in 2018.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!