Can craigslist be trusted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandyzack7

Earning My Ears
My GF was recently diagnosed with cancer so I am trying to surprise her with a trip to Orlando, her favorite place ever, from (5/28-6/1) to go to Disney one day and Universal one day. She has no idea so I cannot go to her for help in scheduling this trip.

Both resorts I’m looking at offer timeshare presentations for cash and I plan to use that cash to craigslist the Universal tickets. I see posts say you pay after you’re in.... hope that’s true. We simply can’t afford the 180 2 park tickets.

Both resorts I’m looking at offer timeshare presentations for cash and I plan to use that cash to craigslist the Universal tickets. I see posts say you pay after you’re in.... hope that’s true. We simply can’t afford the 180 2 park tickets.

So if I read this correctly, you plan to buy UO tickets off of Craig’s list or you plan to sell the received park tickets for doing the time share presentation on Craig list?

You may just be throwing your cash that you received at the timeshare presentation down the drain. Don't do it. See if you can find a timeshare presentation that gives you tickets instead.

Not sure what you mean by you pay after you're in? Do you mean that you don't pay for the tickets you bought on craigslist until you have actually successfully used them?

My GF was recently diagnosed with cancer so I am trying to surprise her with a trip to Orlando, her favorite place ever, from (5/28-6/1) to go to Disney one day and Universal one day. She has no idea so I cannot go to her for help in scheduling this trip.

How about going to seaworld for a day? Their tickets are less?

Consider that there really are no deals on 1 day tickets, so there is no non-shady way for someone to sell bargain one day legitimate tickets.

For 2 days, doing both days at either Disney or Universal would be less expensive. Or doing one park only at Universal.

I just read your other posts.

Find a hotel that’s not a timeshare place. You will lose a whole day to the presentation. And you might walk away with a timeshare. Those salespeople are good at their jobs.

And do NOT buy tickets from craigslist. There are no legit deals for one day tickets. One day tickets are going to be expensive. A deal is likely to be a scam. A scam would mean you’re out of money and don’t get to go to a park at all.

So if I read this correctly, you plan to buy UO tickets off of Craig’s list or you plan to sell the received park tickets for doing the time share presentation on Craig list?
I read that you get $120 cash for sitting in one of the presentations.

Planned to use that money to buy tickets on craigslist.

My cousin told me that he bought a pair for 100 dollars on craigslist and didn’t pay until he was in the park.

I would not take any chance with CL.
And timeshare Sells are Hardcore, time zapping wastes unless one is actually interested. Legit seller is only way I’d suggest any tix.

to ur GF ... tell her to stay strong, stay focused ahead and wishing her the very best success as she navigates thru her struggle!
Your support will do her wonders...

I read that you get $120 cash for sitting in one of the presentations.

Planned to use that money to buy tickets on craigslist.

My cousin told me that he bought a pair for 100 dollars on craigslist and didn’t pay until he was in the park.

Do you mean at the ticket gate area before you are in the park?

Have not heard of anyone getting two park tickets for $100 but that would be a cheap deal for a one day park!

A time share presentation can take all day. They may say 1 or 2 hours. But they don't let you go until you have signed the contract.
We used to do Timeshare presentations years ago. It can take longer than the two hours but they certainly will let you go without signing!

The key is to ask how long it’s going to take before you sign up and keep the salescritter moving along. Dont ask a lot of questions. Don’t be afraid to be ‘rude’ when it comes time to wrap things up and leave. Don’t let the salescritters guilt or bully you into staying longer or buying. I had one at a Hilton presentation point to a photo of her son and tell me I wasted her time and took food out of her son’s mouth. My DH is Diamond at Hilton and I couldn’t believe we were treated that way. I reported her butt to her supervisor.

ETA: OP, the worst sharks are at Westgate. I would avoid them if you can.

Op you have posted for info in 3 of the forums on the Disboards

They all stated time share presentation has hooks to it

I would wait until you have more than $800 to do this trip

One day park tickets for two people will eat up a lot of your money

Your other threads have peeps tell you to stay away from time shares as they eat up a big portion of your day

Ticket prices for the parks are costly

Craig list has burned too many peeps

Try to wait and save up more money for the trip and you will be able to enjoy it better

I wish you the best and hope your gf does well

How is her treatment program ?
Does she have the go ahead by her doctors for travel still?

Not sure how it works at Universal, but this sounds like it’s an employee basically selling their passes to get into the parks. They enter with you so you’re their guests, once you’re in you pay, and they go.

As far as I know that’s totally against the rules of the admissions. Explains the cheapness, but I wouldn’t want to be part of it.

Save up a little longer. Do it right and do it properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter