Can’t pay annual dues!

The site has been weird the last few days. I got the "someone ate the page message" when I tried to log out. I thought I'd wait till next week to try again.

"At this time, Annual Dues payments cannot be made online or by phone, as we’re currently processing automatic payments. Online payments will reopen at 12:01 AM Eastern Time on Saturday, January 16, 2021. "

Has it always been like this? I can't believe that I can't pay on the due date just because they're processing automatic payments.

"At this time, Annual Dues payments cannot be made online or by phone, as we’re currently processing automatic payments. Online payments will reopen at 12:01 AM Eastern Time on Saturday, January 16, 2021. "

Has it always been like this? I can't believe that I can't pay on the due date just because they're processing automatic payments.
I wonder if they're having trouble processing the automatic credit card payments that just became available to do this year. They haven't had trouble processing automatic bank drafts in the past, as far as I can remember.

I was able to pay over the phone today. It took a while to get through, but I was able to do it. The website was giving me issues too.

Normally dues are taken from bank accounts at the beginning of the month. My dues for January have not been collected. I contacted DVC and they said payment was being processed today. Appears to be a DVC system problem for the dela.

Just saw the same thing. How ridiculous is that? They should have given us some warning that would be the case. I'm not going to feel bad about paying late.

For anyone who's worried about late dues, you have another 30 days past today (Jan 15) to pay them before they're considered late. That means late fees aren't assessed as long as you pay your dues by Feb 14.

I'm sure the addition of automatic credit card payments this year is contributing to system issues today. Based on Disney's history of IT issues I'm not surprised.

Normally dues are taken from bank accounts at the beginning of the month. My dues for January have not been collected. I contacted DVC and they said payment was being processed today. Appears to be a DVC system problem for the dela.
The first dues payment for each calendar year is always taken in the middle of January instead of the beginning. I checked my records and this has been the case at least as far back as 2010.

For anyone who's worried about late dues, you have another 30 days past today (Jan 15) to pay them before they're considered late. That means late fees aren't assessed as long as you pay your dues by Feb 14.

I'm sure the addition of automatic credit card payments this year is contributing to system issues today. Based on Disney's history of IT issues I'm not surprised.

The first dues payment for each calendar year is always taken in the middle of January instead of the beginning. I checked my records and this has been the case at least as far back as 2010.

As far back as 2000 for me.

I wonder if they're having trouble processing the automatic credit card payments that just became available to do this year. They haven't had trouble processing automatic bank drafts in the past, as far as I can remember.
How do you setup automatic credit card payments? It only lets me add a bank account, no option for credit card.

How do you setup automatic credit card payments? It only lets me add a bank account, no option for credit card.
They announced this in December, and I know there’s a thread here on DISboards but not able to link it at the moment. You can set up automatic CC payments only for the full annual amount of dues, to be paid each January, not for the monthly payments. So for 2021, it’s too late, but you can go to the DVC member website and set it up to pay your 2022 MFs next January.

Edited to add link to useful article: https://dvcfan.com/2020/10/13/dvc-swings-and-misses-with-new-credit-card-auto-pay-option/

They announced this in December, and I know there’s a thread here on DISboards but not able to link it at the moment. You can set up automatic CC payments only for the full annual amount of dues, to be paid each January, not for the monthly payments. So for 2021, it’s too late, but you can go to the DVC member website and set it up to pay your 2022 MFs next January.

Edited to add link to useful article: https://dvcfan.com/2020/10/13/dvc-swings-and-misses-with-new-credit-card-auto-pay-option/
They need to do this for the monthly as well.

They need to do this for the monthly as well.
I read somewhere, can't remember where, that DVC management pointed out it would cost 2-3% extra to do monthly CC charges. Someone would have to pay it - either the member doing the monthly charge or all members through extra dues. Neither one is feasible - I wouldn't want to pay extra to have them bill my CC every month, and I sure wouldn't want my dues to increase to cover other people doing that, so I agree with them. I'll continue buying Disney GC every month with my 5% Target Red Card discount and paying that way. It takes a few minutes of my time, but it gets me a discount instead of a 2-3% extra cost!

I read somewhere, can't remember where, that DVC management pointed out it would cost 2-3% extra to do monthly CC charges. Someone would have to pay it - either the member doing the monthly charge or all members through extra dues. Neither one is feasible - I wouldn't want to pay extra to have them bill my CC every month, and I sure wouldn't want my dues to increase to cover other people doing that, so I agree with them. I'll continue buying Disney GC every month with my 5% Target Red Card discount and paying that way. It takes a few minutes of my time, but it gets me a discount instead of a 2-3% extra cost!

All you have to do is pay off one year ahead and then every month, use the CC to prepay so you have a credit every month,

I am doing that this year...once my 4 contracts are paid in full...by April...I will be paying monthly on my account so by next January, the 2022 dues are already paid...then I will just go in and do monthly from now on.

So, there is a way for owners to get monthly CC rewards, without going the gift card route, if they can get one year ahead!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter