Camping...

MsMamaBear

Mouseketeer
So my daughter and I went camping for the first time this weekend with my coworker and her friends and their kids. I have to say, we enjoyed ourselves and I had no problem pitching the tent!

We'll probably go again soon, whenever we can get more people to go with and maybe in fall. It was VERY hot! LOL!

Does anyone here camp? When? Do you do an RV or tent?

So my daughter and I went camping for the first time this weekend with my coworker and her friends and their kids. I have to say, we enjoyed ourselves and I had no problem pitching the tent!

We'll probably go again soon, whenever we can get more people to go with and maybe in fall. It was VERY hot! LOL!

We camp in a tent, mostly in late fall or early spring, which both have nice weather here in Texas. We also tent camped at Fort Wilderness in March 2015 and loved it.

We went to Jellystone a few years back in Cherokee NC when the kids were small and had a good time. They had lots of activities for the kids and of course Yogi Bear which was fun. There was a nice stream for tubing also. We stayed in a small cabin which I would say wasnt up to my standard of clean so would have preferred a tent if I could have. Lol. Cherokee is a pretty area with the Smokey Mountains all around.

I'm sure Ft Wilderness must be nice for camping.

Lord....I hope I don't sound dumb, but I thought Jellystone was just on the cartoon! Googled it and we have one nearby. Very cool!

I don't think it's well known, well maybe among campground enthusiasts, but If I hadn't stayed in one before I would have thought that as well.

Has anyone camped at Fort Wilderness? I thought about doing the cabin this October but my sister didn't like the idea.

I LOVE camping! It's my favorite annual trip! I took DS for the first time last year and he had a BALL!!! Looking forward to taking him again this year. Tent camping only for us. I upgraded my tent last year too. It's big enough for two queen sized mattresses with lots of room to spare. We invited a friend and her 2 year old to come along with us last year. This year, we'll have the tent all to ourselves. :)

I'm glad you and your DD had a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!