Calling MDE/ticketing experts, help!

DGsAtBLT

DIS Veteran
We are a party of 8 with 2 reservation numbers. DH and I and our 3 kids in one room, my parents and brother in the other. DH and I are AP and we just bought tickets for the other 6. I’m worried I screwed something up in MDE. DVC rental so I’m not sure how much I have access to on the reservation side.

My brother appears twice on my MDE, once as his full name, once as his first name with his last name initial. He does not have a MDE account. The full name is the one with his history (his old bands are attached). The other one is what is linked to the hotel reservation. I assigned tickets to the one linked to the reservation figuring that is what I need to do with FastPasses and his new magic band so they all stay connected. When I look at my planning party, everyone has the linked resort hotel reservation icon except him.

Is this something I need to get into one of my parents MDE accounts to fix? Can I also add his last name there? Also what should I actually be fixing? His older profile is linked to our dining but obvious I can change that no problem.

Do you know where the second account got created? Did it get created by you when you made the reservation?

It feels like there are two different versions of him, somehow. I know when I booked my reservation, I couldn't add my husband's existing account to it, I had to create a new version of him and then have IT merge his real one with the new fake one I had created.

Do you know where the second account got created? Did it get created by you when you made the reservation?

It feels like there are two different versions of him, somehow. I know when I booked my reservation, I couldn't add my husband's existing account to it, I had to create a new version of him and then have IT merge his real one with the new fake one I had created.

It was a while ago but that’s probably it. Although I don’t think I would have done it with a last initial. There are definitely two of him which I don’t think really matters if we pick one and stick with it since he doesn’t use an account, I just can’t figure out why he doesn’t show linked with the hotel even though he shows up on the room reservation.

I figured involving Disney IT would be in order, just hoped not lol.

I had a similar problem, and honestly the easiest way to fix it was to invite the person to join MDE, have them accept and join through their email, and then delete the "extra people". Somehow I put my wife in 3 different ways, none of which was listed with her MDE.

I had a similar problem with a duplicate name appearing with a last initial which I never put in. Linking reservations and tickets wasn’t happening. So I called the MDE number and they fixed it the day before my FastPass window opened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter