Calling # for Illuminations Cruise

jpcrunk

Earning My Ears
I have read somewhere on these boards that when calling for the specialty cruise (for illuminations) that if you get the message "thank you for calling..." immediately hit 5. I am not quite at the 90 day point but wanted some insight as to how to go about this the correct way to get my ressies. When I tried calling and listened to the options, there were only 4 options (not 5). The recording said to hit 4 for boat rentals. Are you bypassing something by hitting 5? What route should I go?

Here's what I did:

Call a few days before your 90 day date, listen to the menu and write down the #s you have to push to get through the automated menu (4 2 1 2 were the #s I used). You should also call when the reservation line is closed, so you learn the difference between the "closed" and "open" recorded messages.

When you call 90 days out, start calling five minutes before 7 AM eastern time. If you get the "we're closed" message, hang up right away and redial. Keep doing this 'til you get the "open" message; immediately and quickly enter the #s to get through the menu, then wait for a live voice (and keep your fingers crossed!!). Immediately request an 8 PM EPCOT specialty cruise once you are speaking to a reservationist.

It was 7:02 when I got a CM on the line and I got the last boat available for the date we wanted. They book FAST!

Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter