calling all DDP experts

Olallamom

Breast cancer survivor
Here is my dilemma:
My sister and I are going in October, we have a room only res at CBR with a AAA discount. I am considering switching the res to a AAA pkg w/dining.
Here is my ADR's for the trip:
Alfredo
Coral Reef
Sci Fi
Narcoosees
San Angel Inn
Crystal Palace

I have done my math and it appears that the TS alone will pay for the plan. My question is regarding Narcoosees, Is it worth 2 TS? I looked over the menu and unless we order the most expensive items, it seems to be not worth it.
Are you guys finding snack items that will work for in the morning?

We went in April and we normally ate a big breakfast and Dinner and used our snack credits to hold us over inbetween. Believe me its more then enough food for you not to have to pay much out of pocket. I can't help you much with Narcoosees cause we didn't eat there but, we ate at Sci-Fi and for a family of 4 it was a $120 meal.

The dining plan is worth every penny. I think anyway! It allowed us to enjoy and relax at our sit down dinners with having 2 children.

Hope that helps

We were 2 adults (mom and teen)...we had 3 meals that came to $110-115. These were LeCellier, LesChefs de France, and Coral Reef. Personally, I wouldn't do Narcoose's...but that's personal preference. I don't think it is worth 2 TS. I'd skip Narcoose's and add one of the above restaurants.

Yes, in general the DDP is worth the cost if you do 1 TS per day. With your ADRs, it will be well worth the cost.

We found that we could get a whole box of donuts as a snack...or a quart of milk. Since we are not big breakfast eaters, 2 snack credits could easily do breakfast for both of us with some left over. Alternatively, we could split a CS at lunch. We had plenty of food with essentially no OOP, and ended up getting "to go" meals from the resort food area for the airport time.

We had 8 nights, 9 entire days (arrived 9 am, flight out 8 pm)...still plenty of food. There's no excuse for going hungry on the DDP. It was really wonderful that DD could order anything she wanted and I never cringed about the price!

I'd skip it. Doesn't seem worth using 2 TS credits. You'd be better off using them separately. A great meal we had was at the Grand Floridian Cafe. For only one TS credit, our bill for 2 adults and two kids was $185.00.

We have eaten at the Signiture Restaurants on the DDP. Generally, they are not the best use of your credits when you look at the cost. The 2 credit meals are not almost twice a 1 credit meal.

However, we often arrive late and leave early as well as share CS meals, so eating at one or two of the signiture places allows use to use up the credits without totally stuffing ourselves. (We only 3/4 stuff ourselves!)

Also, the food is GOOD! And, I probably would not eat at these places if it was going on my credit card. The DDP allows us to go to places we'd like to try without worrying about the cost.

Given all that, I have not eaten at Narcoosees. We did do Citricos, Cali Grill, Artist Point and Flying Fish on the DP. We enjoyed them all!!

Using two TS is sometimes a little hard to swallow, however Narcoosee's is one of our favorites. We went there for my birthday last year and had an excellent meal. Is it worth the money? It was for us, great food, a table by the water and an nice atmosphere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter