Call to boycott Peter Rabbit

I agree that it’s an animated movie. I said upthread that I wasn’t offended, and I have an anaphylactic allergy to tree nuts.

Are you ok if a movie showed a cartoon rabbit feeding a cartoon dog chocolate? Question stays the same.

I don’t know how much it takes but I had one bite of a brownie with walnuts in it and I was rushed to the hospital. I probably didn’t have more than a few crumbs, but that’s all it takes for me. It doesn’t matter the amount, it’s the intent.

So the intent of the animated rabbit is homicide?!?!! I have can anaphylactic reaction to stupidity, and ridiculousness. Grabbing my epicpen now:rotfl2::rotfl2:

That’s a good point but not really ‘realistic’ lol

How about Bugs Bunny & Elmer Fudd? EF was always trying to shoot him. Cartoons aren't the problem. Those of us who watched these cartoons growing up didn't become murderers. In many of these cases parenting is a major problem, although it isn't the only problem. Watching cartoons & family friendly movies definitely isn't the problem.

Last edited:
I think people are missing the point. I’m not saying I’m offended by the movie, I’m not. I’m also not saying that cartoons in the past weren’t violent, they were.

What I’m trying to ask, and no one has answered yet, is if you’d be ok if instead of trying to kill the guy, the animals tried to kill a dog the same way (by feeding it something that could kill it).

I doubt people would be laughing and saying it’s just a movie. That’s just my theory though. Just a random thought to play devils advocate. Nothing more, nothing less.

I think people are missing the point. I’m not saying I’m offended by the movie, I’m not. I’m also not saying that cartoons in the past weren’t violent, they were.

What I’m trying to ask, and no one has answered yet, is if you’d be ok if instead of trying to kill the guy, the animals tried to kill a dog the same way (by feeding it something that could kill it).

I doubt people would be laughing and saying it’s just a movie. That’s just my theory though. Just a random thought to play devils advocate. Nothing more, nothing less.
Okay, I'll answer your question. If the dog was focused on killing the rabbits, I wouldn't feel any differently. If the dog was coexisting with the rabbits, with no ill intent, I wouldn't be okay with the rabbits trying to kill the dog for no other reason than he/she was a dog.

Last edited:

Okay, I'll answer your question. If the dog was focused on killing the rabbits, I wouldn't feel any differently. If the dog was coexisting with the rabbits, with no ill intent, I wouldn't be okay with the rabbits trying to kill the dog for no other reason than he/she was a dog.

Thank you for answering the question.

IF there were a film with am ongoing feud between a dog character and some other characters and the others fed chocolate to the dog in an attempt to poison said dog, I probably wouldn't think twice about it . If I DID think about it all, I'd think that many kids probably don't know chocolate is bad for dogs and it's cool that the film inadvertently taught about that danger.

Last edited:
I agree that it’s an animated movie. I said upthread that I wasn’t offended, and I have an anaphylactic allergy to tree nuts.

Are you ok if a movie showed a cartoon rabbit feeding a cartoon dog chocolate? Question stays the same.

I don’t know how much it takes but I had one bite of a brownie with walnuts in it and I was rushed to the hospital. I probably didn’t have more than a few crumbs, but that’s all it takes for me. It doesn’t matter the amount, it’s the intent.
No wouldn't be upset about that at all.

Actually I think it would be cool if a little kid movie had that in it. That would teach a whole bunch of little kids a reason why its important not to feed a dog people food without checking with an adult.

They have been doing stuff like that for years. And it hasn't bothered me so far. (How many times has Sylvester tried to hurt, injure, maim, or kill, Hector?)

Just because they decide to use food doesn't make suddenly so bad that a movie needs to be boycotted.

Sorry, but it is just a movie.

Yes, if a cartoon animal tried to kill a cartoon dog with cartoon chocolate I would also not care.

I am offended at your need for kitten therapy, and need a basket of puppies to deal with that.

Well let me get my emotional support tiger & we will find you a basket of puppies. Or maybe a tree full of Koala bears!!!
Would you two please stop this silly escalation? Go all the way and just pet a pony and get it over with! :rotfl2:

I haven't seem the movie, but based on what I've read it was in self defense. So, if the human was a dog instead, no I wouldn't be bothered.
I don't think I'd be upset if it was not in self defense either (human or dog) because it is all pretend and make believe. It isn't real life.

My son has a life threatening peanut allergy. Will we go see the movie in theatres? No.
Have I called for a boycott or signed a petition or even shared my thoughts on social media? No.

Does it make me sad that this scene is in the movie? Yes!
Because it just brings up a real life fear of ours. That someone will wipe peanut butter on my kid and he will die.
I don't think the cry for a boycott is how to handle it. It could have gone almost unnoticed. I don't think that movie was going to be a big seller. The dummies who are yelling and boycotting it just plastered it on the front page.
It is what it is. And Peter Rabbit or not, we still live with that fear. Yelling about a movie isn't going to take that away.

But can you whistle? If you can whistle, you can only be halfway offended by it. This :dancer: emoji gives you a double whammy. You can't dance & you aren't a man. I really think the two things combined would warrant a campaign against the DISboards & any other site that uses it. Get your letter started now! You can count on my signature. We're here for you. :hug:

:p
How do we know this dancer indeed is a man? Some women like to wear suits and some men like using the ladies room. You really can't tell any more unless you check to see if there's a man on 3rd base. And that would offend him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter