California Grill or Topolino’s - WWYD?

Sprinkles&Sprints

Mouseketeer
We have reservations for CG @ 7:30 - traveling with friends who have never been to WDW so thought the fireworks from Contemporary would be memorable.

But we’re staying at a Crescent Lake resort - and now I’m wondering if Topolino’s would be better from a logistics standpoint? Will it be a complete cluster to try to get back to our resort after the fireworks?

We’re traveling with young kids so we’d need a Minnie Van w/ car seats if opting for a car to/from.

Thoughts?

From a transport POV - the Skyliner to Rivera is pretty straightforward but so is a walk thru the IG to the monorail. So there’s that.

Thennn we compare CG to Topolino’s and for me that’s no contest- California Grill wins.

YMMV 😉

Fireworks view at CG can not be beat!

BUT last few times there food was okay and service was average, while Topolino at dinner food was excellent and service best we ever had on property.

No contest on transportation.

Tough call, but again for new folks, that fireworks view is incredible.

From a transport POV - the Skyliner to Rivera is pretty straightforward but so is a walk thru the IG to the monorail. So there’s that.

Thennn we compare CG to Topolino’s and for me that’s no contest- California Grill wins.

YMMV 😉
Yeah - I’m a walker so we usually take the monorail and a nice after dinner stroll through EPCOT. I was concerned that the walk may be a lot after a long day but you seconding it makes me think I’m not alone! Ha - thank you!!

BUT last few times there food was okay and service was average, while Topolino at dinner food was excellent and service best we ever had on property.

Definitely agree - our CG service/food in March was underwhelming though there are some new items on the menu that sound intriguing…

But yeah - you’re right. There’s a wow factor to CG + fireworks that can’t be beat!

Hands down I would choose California Grill over Topolino’s. The food is better and the view for the Fireworks is fantastic. I do like Topolino’s for breakfast.

I’m going to WDW this coming 4th and taking a Disney newbie with me. Her eyes are going to bulge at the cost of our CG meal but all will be forgiven when the fireworks begin. And maybe she’ll enjoy the food more so. Here’s hoping they fix anything that was broken as I’m really hyped to return to the world 👍🏾
Yeah - I’m a walker so we usually take the monorail and a nice after dinner stroll through EPCOT. I was concerned that the walk may be a lot after a long day but you seconding it makes me think I’m not alone! Ha - thank you!!
I enjoy a good walk as well and loved cutting thru Epcot to hit the monorail smile. This trip a health issue has me in a wheelchair but like Soaring I can still imagine the pedestrian life. I think your guests will enjoy a leisurely walk as well 😊.

Depending on what time the MK fireworks are, there’s a good chance Epcot will be closed & you won’t be able to walk thru. We just walk back to MK bus station, then take the bus directly back to our resort. You can linger at CR a bit to let some of the crowd clear out of the bus stops.

Depending on what time the MK fireworks are, there’s a good chance Epcot will be closed & you won’t be able to walk thru. We just walk back to MK bus station, then take the bus directly back to our resort. You can linger at CR a bit to let some of the crowd clear out of the bus stops.
This was going to be my suggestion. I would not mess with monorail to Epcot.

Food. Service. Ambience is better at Cali Grill imo. Recently went and food was top notch as always. Everyone dressed up for the most part

Topolinos fireworks are no comparison. View isn’t amazing and the show is much better at Epcot directly. Food is great here also. Little more dressed down people here but still dressy

I’m going to WDW this coming 4th and taking a Disney newbie with me. Her eyes are going to bulge at the cost of our CG meal but all will be forgiven when the fireworks begin. And maybe she’ll enjoy the food more so. Here’s hoping they fix anything that was broken as I’m really hyped to return to the world 👍🏾

I enjoy a good walk as well and loved cutting thru Epcot to hit the monorail smile. This trip a health issue has me in a wheelchair but like Soaring I can still imagine the pedestrian life. I think your guests will enjoy a leisurely walk as well 😊.
We'll just miss each other - enjoy your trip with your friend!!

I agree with this. The Prix Fixe menu at Cali Grill now kind of sucks and is very manufactured. We loved our Toppolino's dinners the past 2 times. The view from Toppolino's is great, I guess it depends on if fireworks are your sticking point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter